1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davescout. Show davescout's posts

Do you think we can win tonight???

I don't know...........That team can score and score fast...Beckett may get shelled just like Dice K......If we win tonight i think the series is ours......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

it aint over til its over! KEEP THE FAITH BABY!! GO SOX!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

As long as Beck and Lester are healthy we have a chance. If not, we shouldn't start 100 threads on how bad Terry is, or anyone else for that matter. This team has been through a great deal and to be where we are today makes a lot of us long time Sox fans happy. A shot at another WS would be great but this season has at least showed us weaknesses we need to address after the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

whatever, beckett is going to shut you down tonight, just watch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

I'll tell you who'll win after the radar gun clocks Josh's first fastball. If he's in the low 90's were in for a world of hurt; especially with Tito's propensity for hanging too long with his peeps even when they don't have their A game.

We can't afford another handful of innings where Josh serves up meatballs to a very good hitting Ray's team. Comebacks are great if you don't have to always put all your chips on that spot; in the end the odds are always in favor of the frontrunners.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from letswinsox. Show letswinsox's posts

Boston needs to put up a few runs in the first inning tonight. If they do that, we can crush the spirits of the inexperienced Rays.
    Lets face it. Beck has been bad. All of that can be erased with a good performance tonight.
    After the Sox won game 5 last year, I felt confident about the next 2 games. But this year is a bit different because we have to go on the road. If we win tonight, I will feel confident about our chances for game 7. Right now, I am very uneasy about game 6.
    What will really p**s me off tonight will be watching all of those Johnny come lately fans of the Rays acting as if they have been waiting so long for this chance to go to the series. I bet that so many of these fools didnt even realize that there was a baseball team down there until last month. So pathetic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from politicod. Show politicod's posts

There is not a sportswriter in print or on-line who thinks the Sox can pull this off. In fact, it is nearly unanimous that the Rays will be the American League Champs. The Sox made history before they became history.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

The sportswriters were also favoring the Angels in the ALDS before this Elinor. Alot they know...

We'll settle it on the field.

But for now... get in the kitchen and get me a beer!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[Quote]There is not a sportswriter in print or on-line who thinks the Sox can pull this off. In fact, it is nearly unanimous that the Rays will be the American League Champs. The Sox made history before they became history.[/Quote]

Wow was that stupid. You really need to read more.

Do you want the links, or can you find them yourself? Even the TB media is nervous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Elinor...

Here's a sampling.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/oct/17/170209/sp-seven-outs-from-the-series-the-2007-rays-show-u/sports-rays/

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/oct/17/bullpen-suddenly-vulnerable-unusual-loss/sports-rays/

And those are the Tampa Bay media outlets. You need to read before you post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from letswinsox. Show letswinsox's posts

[Quote]There is not a sportswriter in print or on-line who thinks the Sox can pull this off. In fact, it is nearly unanimous that the Rays will be the American League Champs. The Sox made history before they became history.[/Quote]

You are either too much of a Rays fan to look at this objectively or you are not very smart about baseball.
    All Boston has to do is win 2 games. That is not an unimaginable task. Granted ,it will be tough. Boston is on the road. Beckett has not been great. Lester was not great last start.
    However, Boston has a great chance to pull this off. Beckett has the potential of throwing a great game. He really only needs a great 6 or 7 innings. Lester was not great Monday, but he is a solid pitcher and he is likely to do better if there is a game seven. Plus, Boston's hitting needs to set the tone. I say they need to score early, especially in game 6. If they are able to take a two or three run lead in the first inning, the Rays will be feeling the pressure. After the way they finished game 5, I am sure that the Red Sox hitters are pumped up. And of course, this situation is nothing new for the Red Sox. Most of the team was on the comeback team from last year. Some of the players were part of the epic comeback of 04 and a couple of the guys were even on the 03 comback against the A's.
    And if the Rays pull it off, good for them. In 2 or 3 years, when the Rays stink again, all of their lame bandwagon fans gan find a new team to pretend they have loved for ever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazildj. Show brazildj's posts

Who cares? It's all icing on the cake now! I feel like a man the doctors told was going to die in a month, only to find out it had all been a mistake.

I'm loose, relaxed, and ready for anything. And I'm sure the Sox are, too.

Which is why I'm sure we're going to win!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goznes. Show goznes's posts

[Quote]Elinor...

Here's a sampling.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/oct/17/170209/sp-seven-outs-from-the-series-the-2007-rays-show-u/sports-rays/

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/oct/17/bullpen-suddenly-vulnerable-unusual-loss/sports-rays/

These links focus on the game 5 Sox comeback. None of them indicate that because of that comeback the Sox will win game 6.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

This opponent just blew seven runs late in the game. You don't suppose there was any lingering remorse, do you? This isn't going to come back to haunt the Rays, the sure thing that disappeared?

Baltimore and Toronto can't win tonight. After that, it's wide open for the other three A.L. East teams, Boston, Tampa Bay, and, . . . naw, they can't win tonight either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

I agree with Icon.
    We can win, but we could also lose.
    One thing though, this 2008 team ranks near the top (definately in the top 3) as my favorite team.
    From the entire team staging a sit out strike on the spring training game against the blue jays, in order for the support staff to get paid, putting up with an insane travel schedule at the beginning of the year, dealing with all of the injuries and then the manny episode. I tip my hat off to the players.
    thanks for a great season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazildj. Show brazildj's posts

[Quote][Quote]Elinor...

Here's a sampling.

These links focus on the game 5 Sox comeback. None of them indicate that because of that comeback the Sox will win game 6.[/Quote]

Great links (I just love reading the sports press from other teams' cities when we beat the pants off them!).

Gotta say, this guy is a class act:

J.P Howell pitched the ninth. Kevin Youkilis singled off him with two out in a 10-pitch at-bat and went to second when third baseman Evan Longoria rushed his throw to first and it skipped into the stands. Howell put Jason Bay on with an intentional walk, and Drew followed with a game-winning single to right field.
    "They deserve it tonight," Howell said. "They showed a lot of guts and courage. That's why they're here. They showed what they can do when their backs are against the wall."

John Lackey of the Angels could learn a thing or two about sportsmanship from him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]Boston needs to put up a few runs in the first inning tonight. If they do that, we can crush the spirits of the inexperienced Rays.
    Lets face it. Beck has been bad. All of that can be erased with a good performance tonight.....[/Quote]

Your opening line is so right on.. letswinsox!

IMHO - the two most important things will be for the Sox to score FIRST and for the Sox pitching staff, Beckett and whoever follows, to keep the Rays off the board or behind for the longest time. Remember their faces as Dice-K and the pen kept them off the board in game 1? The longer they go without scoring or being behind may cause them to press. Beckett is due for a good outing and I highly duobt Lester will have two bad outings in a row. If the Sox win tonight, we shall see a very different Rays team tomorrow night.

GO SOX!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from letswinsox. Show letswinsox's posts

[Quote]GO BOSOX!!! It's great to see you and the RAYS punching each other out while our guys kick back and relax for a week LOL but even though we prefer to get some paybacks on you stinking beaneaters it really doesn't matter that much because the PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES are going to make cheesesteak meat out of whichever beat up and tired team trudges into the World Series to be chewed up and spit out by the PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES!!! LOL Let's hope for a 19 inning win for the Bosox tonight. LOL[/Quote]

hey Philly fan,

I hope to hear from a lot of you guys. If we keep playing, we will.
    I have always rooted for Philly. If the Rays end up winning, I will be pulling for you guys.
    You may want to think about the last 2 years before you hope for a tough series between the Sox and the Rays. The Tigers and the Rockies both had week long breaks while the Cards and Sox engaged in 7 game series. The Cards ended up winning in 5 and the Sox won in 4.
    Looking forward to a good old Northeast World Series.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazildj. Show brazildj's posts

[Quote]GO BOSOX!!! It's great to see you and the RAYS punching each other out while our guys kick back and relax for a week LOL but even though we prefer to get some paybacks on you stinking beaneaters it really doesn't matter that much because the PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES are going to make cheesesteak meat out of whichever beat up and tired team trudges into the World Series to be chewed up and spit out by the PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES!!! LOL Let's hope for a 19 inning win for the Bosox tonight. LOL[/Quote]

We'll make you eat those words.

And that cheesesteak too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaycoach. Show jaycoach's posts

Even though most us of may not admit it, we are all superstitious when it comes to the RS. In 2004, after the Sox were down 0-3, I turned to my wife and said, "8 more games". To this day, I do not know why I said such a foolish thing. I certainly do not claim that I believed that they would win the next 8 games. The words just popped into my head. We all know what happened next.

Now the "rest of the story". Thursday night when we were down 0-7, I once again turned to my wife and said "7 more games". She laughed and went to bed. My screaming woke her. Is this going to happen again? I don't know, but I am taking no chances. My wife is going to bed and will not watch. I am going to assume my lucky position on the chair. I am also going to channel up the spirits of my father, who followed the Sox all his life but did not live to see 2004, and my mother who had "powers". All the rest of you, find your lucky charms, drinks and friends. Root our guys on! GO SOX!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The offense has been awakened.Red Sox win tonight 7-4.Go Sox !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProudPatsFan. Show ProudPatsFan's posts

letswinsox-I can't agree with you more. I live in Tampa, FL. 6 years ago, I was sitting in a college classroom at the University of South Florida. The Professor asked the class (mostly native Floridians) "how many of you would care if the Rays one the World Series?" NOONE raised their hand. Not one person! If that doesn't say it all, I don't know what does. You couldn't pay an average Bay Area resident to leave their house with any Devil Ray/Ray gear prior to this season. Now, seemingly everyone owns a tshirt or a hat and they talk an unbelievable amount of trash. They are completely disrespectful to legitimate baseball fans (Red Sox and, yes, Yanks fans, too) while acting like their team is the best thing to ever happen to the game. I've experienced it down here with the Bucs, the Lightning, and now the Rays. Tampa fans make it out to purchase their jersey just in time for game 7 of a Championship series. Other than that, they are pathetic! I'm wearing my Red Sox jersey proudly today as I have been all season long. Maybe I'll teach a few Tampa natives what it's like to be a true fan of a hometown team. Go Sox!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazildj. Show brazildj's posts

[Quote]

HAHAHA you gotta get by that expansion team first then next week all you're going to do is mutter, "So that's why they call him "Lights Out Lidge"[/Quote]

It will be an adjustment playing a team that actually has a closer.

Sections
Shortcuts