1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Drew Bledsoe: Class Act

Lets not forget, it was Drew who replaced an injured Brady and won the game in Pittsburgh that got us to the Super Bowl in 2002. Without him available to go in and finish the job, the Steelers probably win that game. Drew was always class.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_431475. Show user_431475's posts

Drew, thanks for coming back. It is great to hear you are well and are enjoying your next career. You were a great QB for the Pats. You really were instrumental in turning this franchise around. You are a class act, which was very evident by the way you handled the "passing of the torch" to Brady. Fans saw this and appreciated the way you handled this situation. Good luck in your future endevors!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgrl. Show patsgrl's posts

Drew has always been a class act.� It would be nice if the organization had some kind of recognition day for him.�

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Bledsoe is the foundation for what the Patriots organization has become. If there was no drew i do not think we would be where we are right now. #11 should be the first jersey retired by the Patriots in their new hall of fame. 45,000 yards.............that's a hell of a career!����U THE MAN DREW!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tredawnt. Show tredawnt's posts

Drew you are so sexy! You are one of my favorites!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

I agree but I sure don't miss those happy feet or cowering shoulders when the pocket is collapsing.

I also had no use for the sidearm throws that resulted in tipped passes or the costant overthrowing of guys open down the field.

Other than that, he is a class act and he helped change the culture of the organization.

Look at it this way, he could have been Rick Mirer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

�Thanks Drew Bledsoe. Guts and class.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

Lets not forget that Bledsoe was key in Brady's developement.� If Brady came up through another team he may not have turned out as great as he has.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wsurecguy. Show wsurecguy's posts

I had the pleasure of seeing Drew Bledsoe when he came ot the organization back in the 90's as the family had season tickets.� Drew was always a class act, and people quickly forget just how talented he was.� I remember one game where Drew was standing in the back of the end zone ,and Ben Coates was cutting across at the 25 yard line.� Drew threw an absolute bullet that knocked Ben Coates over.� He had a tremendous arm, and was certianly the reason why the Patriots organization became what it is today.Let's not forget the 45-70 game for 420 yards against the Vikings in 1994.� He carried that team at times when he had no protection whatsoever.Drew always had the ability to both make you nervous as hell that he was going to do something crazy as well as to do something that would amaze you.New England fans have ripped him for awhile, but I think we all forget just how critical he was for this francise at a time when they most desperately needed it.� Remember the 1993 come from behind win against the Dolphins in what could have been the last game ever at Foxboro Stadium as the team was preapring to move.Welcome back Drew...we have missed you.� Best of luck in your retirement and we look forward ot your induction into the Patriots hall of fame.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adco1212. Show adco1212's posts

would've been great if he could've come back last year before he officially retired, like Jerry Rice did w/ the 9ers.� I agree w/ people on here, #11 should be retired.� He is the definition of a "team player", and w/ all the negative press the team has been getting lately, it would be an extremely classy move to have a "Drew Bledsoe Day" and officially retire his number.�� Perhaps better yet, wait a year and have�a combo day and retire Troy Brown and Bledsoe's numbers...or at least have some sort of ceremony for them.�

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Awesome idea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronson05. Show bronson05's posts

QB is a position that Patriot fans have not had to worry about in a lot of years. Between Bledsoe and Brady, the pocket has been taken care of. 1993-present. 15 years and counting, who will be next? Drew Bledsoe will always be a New England Patriot. #11�played a huge�role in the transformation of the organization.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Certainly one of the best QBs in Patriots history, on the bubble if they should retire his number or not.� One thing is for sure, he brought the new era into existence of Patriot respectability and competitiveness.� There was never more than a couple of years put together prior to him that we were a proud franchise that everyone "hated".� Thanks for making "Patriot Hater" a possibility Drew!!� I would hate to be as unhated as the Cardinals and Lions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tranquilrivers. Show tranquilrivers's posts

I was reading all the great comments and tributes to Drew Bledsoe and found myself remembering what a great quaterback he was.� More importantly he is the symbol of a classey, mature, for the team type of guy.� I will always laud Bledsoe for the grace in which he handled the transition� from starting Quarterback� to advisor to his heir apparent Tom Brady.� No sour grapes, no protests, no negative comments period.� Drew Bledsoe will always rank as one of the top quaterbacks in the game and as THEE number one professional the team has ever had.� I also concur that it was his unplanned step in performance that sealed our victory over Pittsburgh and paved the way for the success we have today.� They say that you cannot retire numbers anymore.� There could be some truth to that, but in this case a rare exception should be made.� If all the comments on this board stay positive and I see no reason why they shouldn't I hope the Boston Globe packages them and sends on our sincere well wishes to one of the few stand up guys in professional sports.� Good-Luck Drew, you will always have a place in the hearts of New Englanders

Sections
Shortcuts