1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Evidently Manny Will Have To Settle For Peanuts

No national league team should even think about signing Manny for more than a year. He is a liability in the field already and will only get worse. He should sign with AL team that can use him as a DH and then a 4 year contract would seem reasonable. As much as I think Manny is an idiot he can probably hit well for another 4 years but if you are asking him to play the field too I don't think you are helping your team, especially at age 39 and 40. He would seem like a perfect fit for NY. I am not sure why they wouldn't rent manny like they do every other star player they want. Its not like the Yankees care about clubhouse chemistry or anything like that. The bottom line is Manny will sign somewhere for a lot of money

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from badscience. Show badscience's posts

Bill-806 - I get your point, I just don't agree with it. The Dodgers have already made three runs at Manny this off-season and they are still pursuing him. Boras is both feared and hated in the MLB, but he continues to extract serious deals for his clients (see Teixeira & Lowe). Manny did hurt his value through his actions with the Red Sox, but the only thin ice he's on is taking $50M/2yr versus $80M/4yr (or whatever ridiculous deal Boras was talking earlier in the off season). Manny is not going to be sitting on the sidelines this spring unless Manny chooses to do so... not that I'd put it past him.

[Quote] BADSCIENCE...... YOUR MISSING THE POINT, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE A FRIEND OF AL GORE AND GLOBAL WARMING !! MAN-CHILD IS ON THIN ICE ( VERY COLD HERE TODAY IN MASSACHUSETTS ) MLB HAS HAD ENOUGH OF MAN-BOY & BORA$$...... THE OWNERS KNOW THAT A T O X I C ASSET IS NOT AN ASSET AT ALL !! AND THE MAN-RAM-CHILD IS JUST THAT..... T O X I C !!!!!!![/Quote]

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[Quote] Thanks Bill-806, but we are real Red Sox Fans and that is
    why we are fighting for the same cause, and nobody is going to
    stop us. Period. Manny doesn´t deserve our respect.[/Quote]

May not deserve your respect but it does seem like he does have every waking moment of your time !! LOL

GO SOX 2009 !!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

[Quote]

Well at least you've admitted that smiley=batman.

Only thing accomplished in his 164316th thread saying the same thing.

Dude. We get it. You don't like the Yanks. You don't like Manny.

Do we need new threads EVERY DAY to confirm this?
    [/Quote]
    Hola AKA-KA-KA-Gimp, how are you? You know something
    Aka-ka-ka-Gimp, you are very smart, but please change
    your screen name, it really ST.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

Smiley/BILL 806-I really dont think there is anyone out there except Borus or Manny who really believe he would get 100m for 4 yrs.

The Dodgers and Colletti went with a different approach with a big 1yr offer since they see a 1yr contract a trend to lock down a player in this economy. I predict they go back to the drawing board with a 2yr 40M or 3yr 50M max to get Manny. They want him and need him and will get Manny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tsawyer8. Show tsawyer8's posts

[Quote][Quote]

Law
    You have been wrong a number of times. I suspect you will be wrong about Manny and the Sox.

[/Quote]

Who won the 2008 World Series? Hint: Not a Manny-less Boston Red Sox team.

Yeah I said the Sox aren't winning world titles without Manny...so far I'm off to a horrible start.

Did Mayor Menino forget to hold a 2008 World Series champs parade?

Call City Hall.[/Quote]

I seem to remember the team with Manny not making it either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mascmen7. Show mascmen7's posts

I like the pressure Manny is under now. Age 36. Bad fielder. Strikes out a lot. Not clutch. He wants 4 years so he probably will not play until June when he may give in and take whatever he is offered.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mascmen7. Show mascmen7's posts

Theo and the team decided that even though losing Manny would mean no world series win, it was more important for the health of the team to ax Manny since he was very toxic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote]
    Evidently the Red Sox without Manny will have to settle for missing another World Series.

[/Quote](law2005?)

bow down to the all-knowing law!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote]I wouldn't start a thread like this one.

Because however many "peanuts" Manny gets will be a lot more than what I am getting.[/Quote]

the only thing PEANUTTY about man-hole is his brain.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

......got what?? d'jew say somethin??

I'm sorry I was intently waiting for my strained peas!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzCal. Show BuzzCal's posts

I am hoping Manny gets screwed this offseason but what will that mean...a $20 million 1 year deal! CRAP!

BuzzCal

"The Ultimate Sports Calendar"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

My guess is that Manny Ramirez will eventually sign for 3 years 55 million dollars guaranteed. Is he worth it? No. However, there will be someone out there who will cave and give the quitter his money. He will then promptly return to putting up good but not great (Dodgers) numbers, run the basepaths whenever he feels like it (not often), fake injuries, make the occasional trade request to front office executives, play lousy defense, and pick fights with fellow teammates and team personnel. Does that sound about right to anybody else not named law2005 or Moonslav?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

your crazy he will get 100 mill for the next 4 years wether its a pair of 2 year deals or one at a time hardly peanuts!~

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

[Quote]My guess is that Manny Ramirez will eventually sign for 3 years 55 million dollars guaranteed. Is he worth it? No. However, there will be someone out there who will cave and give the quitter his money. He will then promptly return to putting up good but not great (Dodgers) numbers, run the basepaths whenever he feels like it (not often), fake injuries, make the occasional trade request to front office executives, play lousy defense, and pick fights with fellow teammates and team personnel. Does that sound about right to anybody else not named law2005 or Moonslav?[/Quote]

there's always welfare!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[Quote]I like the pressure Manny is under now. Age 36. Bad fielder. Strikes out a lot. Not clutch..[/Quote]

Not clutch?

What Manny were you talking about?

The Manny we were talking about won the World Series MVP trophy in 2004, sent the Angels home with a monster shot over the wall in 2007, and robbed a homerun from Miguel Cairo in Yankee stadium. He also caught a flyball in Baltimore, high-fived a fan and completed a double play.

And those are just the clutch plays I can remember off the top of my head in 5 seconds or less....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

Firefligh was here last week and wants you to go to her revised website. Some good photos here for your bedroom, bathroom, and outhouse.
    http://imageevent.com/hermsherald/mannysmilestones

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

law2005r 6340282123657485309
    Comments: 501

2/5/2009 5:19:16 PM

Evidently the Red Sox without Manny will have to settle for missing another World Series.

Evidently the Dodger without
    Manny will have to settle for
    Missing another World series

Very truly,
    Law2005r

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Friday, February 6, 2009

Evidently Manny will have to settle for peanuts.
    Evidently Manny chicks will have to do a
    better job, if they want to see this
    troublemaker playing ball this season.

Sections
Shortcuts