1. You have chosen to ignore posts from forkballer. Show forkballer's posts

Face Facts - TB pitching & Manager are better

Please everybody - as much as we want to hang this loss on Timlin, this game should have been won 4 or 5 times before the game inevitably got to him. This series has shown us that 1) TB did not crack under pressure, 2) TB has an edge in pitching overall 3) Sox line up seems to feel pressure in big games (except Pedroia), 4) poor (or good) managerial decisions actually effect close games and close series. Let's not forget that the Rays beat us without Crawford, Longoria, and Upton at Fenway. The fact that the SOX have lost so many 1 run games this year says supports all of the above. HOWEVER- LET's BEAT TORONTO AND WIN the next SERIES IN TB !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjjamaica. Show pjjamaica's posts

I do question why Tito sits a hot hitter like coco, and does not pinch hit with casy(a 300 plus hitter) in the late innings.And, I also think that batting Ellsbury as leadoff is giving the sox a proving first out most of the time.I am sure we will make the playoffs, but I doubt that we will make it through the first round.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjjamaica. Show pjjamaica's posts

I do question why Tito sits a hot hitter like coco, and does not pinch hit with casy(a 300 plus hitter) in the late innings.And, I also think that batting Ellsbury as leadoff is giving the sox a proving first out most of the time.I am sure we will make the playoffs, but I doubt that we will make it through the first round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjjamaica. Show pjjamaica's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjjamaica. Show pjjamaica's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjjamaica. Show pjjamaica's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjjamaica. Show pjjamaica's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

Tito should've bunted so many times last night. He just does not understand the value of playing for one run. A big issue is that the players get pissed when he asks them to bunt because he doesn't have them work on bunting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

Varitek, Cora, and the other .200 hitters ought to be bunting when you need one run and you've got a guy on second with no outs. This is indefensible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Has an edge in pitching? Did you actually watch any of the games? Lester was better. Beckett pitched a helluva game, giving up only 1 run and he is only 2 starts from the DL. Had this been Beckett's 3rd start, he would have pitched an extra inning or 2 and Timlin would never have entered the game in the 14th. In other words, they would have won. Dice-K had the worst outing but they still would have won had Pap not blown the save (maybe one too many appearances in a row).

And as far as being out coached - how, by not having pow wows with the entire infield everytime a runner gets to 2nd?

Cora and Timlin are veterans. At this point in their careers, experience is probably their biggest assets. Timlin should know not to throw anything close to the plate to Pena and Cora should know not to swing at a 2-0 pitch with 2 outs, 2 on and down by 2. They shouldn't have to be told - they aren;t rookies.

This is why the Tampa took 2 of 3. Beckett was 2 games from the DL and Big Papi is hurt. If Big Papi was healthy, last night's game would have been a blow out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote]These last two games show that Terry Francona is actually getting worse at managing a game. I have no confidence with this manager or team in tight games down the stretch with TB or Toronto, or in they manage to hold off Minny and get the WC.[/Quote]

i disagree that 'coma is getting worse; he has been a consistently lousy field manager since day one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

And as far as being out coached - how, by not having pow wows with the entire infield everytime a runner gets to 2nd?quote;

another 'coma apologist! he's out coached even when the sox win!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpieretti. Show mpieretti's posts

Bay was 0 for 7 with no walks and 3 strike outs.
    Left 7 runners on base.

that's the game right there...
    get 'em next time

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Sometimes I wonder if Casey is even on this team - it seams he never plays or pinch hits

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[Quote]They're pitching is better (ERA proves that). They're bullpen is far more reliable than ours. To say that their manager is better than a guy who has won two WS in four years is laughable though. Your obviously basing that on last night game, or the season so far![/Quote]

SIT AND SPIT HAS NOT WON A WORLD SERIES, THE TEAM WON THEM, SIT & SPIT JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE GUY THEY CALLED MANAGER WHEN THE TEAM WON!!!!!!!!HE HAD NO MORE TO DO WITH THE TEAM WINNING THAN A BATBOY DOES, OR A BEER VENDOR....THEY'RE ALL THERE, BUT AT LEAST THE TEAM DOESN'T HAVE TO WIN GAMES "IN SPITE OF THE BATBOYS OR THE BEER VENDORS".......SIT & SPIT IS NOW ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE A MANAGERIAL MORON!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote]

SIT AND SPIT HAS NOT WON A WORLD SERIES, THE TEAM WON THEM, SIT & SPIT JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE GUY THEY CALLED MANAGER WHEN THE TEAM WON!!!!!!!!HE HAD NO MORE TO DO WITH THE TEAM WINNING THAN A BATBOY DOES, OR A BEER VENDOR....THEY'RE ALL THERE, BUT AT LEAST THE TEAM DOESN'T HAVE TO WIN GAMES "IN SPITE OF THE BATBOYS OR THE BEER VENDORS".......SIT & SPIT IS NOW ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE A MANAGERIAL MORON!!!!!!![/Quote]

right on!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

im gonna laugh my balls off at all you cowns when the sox take the division.

ohmygod they lost 2 games in a row a home!!!!!!! its all over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

TNPatsfan-- the sox starting pitching (primadonna crybabies?? where did that even come from?) held tampa to 4 runs in 3 games. whats your point?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scoobydew. Show scoobydew's posts

Think the Sox score seven runs in three games with Manny??? noooooooooo

Anybody notice Manny hit another dinger last night and the Dodgers are running away from the Snakes? The nightmare of the Sox watching Manny in the World Series...on TV....is getting dangerously close.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote]im gonna laugh my balls off at all you cowns when the sox take the division.

ohmygod they lost 2 games in a row a home!!!!!!! its all over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/Quote]

what's a cown? is that a clown that's had the "L" beat out of him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Great post, thank you. All your points are valid and accurate, except...let's see how TB does in playoff environment (which hopefully we can still make ourselves, no thanks to FranCOMA). I agree that on paper I think TB pitching is stronger, not sure about the offense, but clutch hitting in the playoffs is different than clutch hitting during the regular season (I would actually consider our clutch hitting to have been very disappointing this year--what, have we come behind after the 7th two times this year??!?!). So let's see what happens to TB when the real heat is on, but until then, kudos to them for winning the last two at the Fen and for putting together a pretty solid team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

ok, maddon is a great manager, no doubt

and the rays showed some real serious moxy coming up here and taking 2 of 3

but seriously

some of you think you are realists, just letting everyone in on the hard truth

but, in actuality, you are a bit irrational, over-reacting to every down-turn

the truth is, we just don't know

thats the beauty of baseball

still a lot of it to be played, and the sox are in a great position

yes, they could falter

but they might succeed too. in fact, they are set up to succeed at the moment. at the beginning of the season, if you told me that on 9/11, we would be in the drivers seat for the wild card, in a tight race for the division title and AL best record, with a pretty clean bill of health, i'd tell you thats right where we want to be for a good shot at repeating

face these facts: none of us really know how this thing is going to shake out (see all the so-called realist diatribes last september)

Now, that being said, i do wish crisp was playing last night. hahaha

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsahiSuperDry. Show AsahiSuperDry's posts

(SIGH) I can't wait for the Rays to get knocked out in the first round and win 75 games next season. This board is full of A.D.D. baseball fans that love to freak out about a 1-4 game stretch where the team doesn't play well. I see a glimmer of hope though, at least a couple guys have made comments on here that, like myself, realize there's 162 games in a season and stuff like the last 2 nights is going to happen from time to time. The Red Sox are still well on their way to a post-season bid, so calm down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Take an easy guys. If you looked at the boxscore, Tampa Bay used more pitchers than Boston. But once the playoff starts, Tampa Bay will only carry 25 guys. They cant call up anymore players to replace these injured players. If Longona and Upton is on the roster, meaning Tampa must have healthy 3b and OF on the bench in case one of these guy goes down again. Also their back up catcher may be out of the season which force them to find another back up catcher. Those guys who PH or came in late inning for defensive replacement last nite may not be on the roster. Think Tampa Bay will struggles in the playoff!!

For Boston, Tito have same bench players and most pitching staffs all year along, and he should not have a hard time establishing 25 players roster!!

That is why if Tampa play the White Sox, think the White Sox will win the series cuz White Sox have more experience bullpen pitchers than Tampa at the same time they were part of the WS title team in 2006!! Maddon of Tampa Bay have been using so many different pitchers in all season along, and now he will have a bit time picking which guys are the correct guys to be place in the bullpen!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote]ok, maddon is a great manager, no doubt

and the rays showed some real serious moxy coming up here and taking 2 of 3

but seriously

some of you think you are realists, just letting everyone in on the hard truth

but, in actuality, you are a bit irrational, over-reacting to every down-turn

the truth is, we just don't know

thats the beauty of baseball

still a lot of it to be played, and the sox are in a great position

yes, they could falter

but they might succeed too. in fact, they are set up to succeed at the moment. at the beginning of the season, if you told me that on 9/11, we would be in the drivers seat for the wild card, in a tight race for the division title and AL best record, with a pretty clean bill of health, i'd tell you thats right where we want to be for a good shot at repeating

face these facts: none of us really know how this thing is going to shake out (see all the so-called realist diatribes last september)

Now, that being said, i do wish crisp was playing last night. hahaha[/Quote]

speaking of joe maddon; doesn't he look like a cross between eugene levy and dick cheney?

Sections
Shortcuts