1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andre10056. Show andre10056's posts

Fact or Fiction?

It was interesting what Francona said about the book. The message was, "Based upon what I heard was in there, maybe the book should be taken out of the non-fiction section".

I aslo think that traveling secretary Jack McCormick should sue if he's been libeled as he apparently was in the book. It's one thing to "let it go" (as the Red Sox probably requested) if you've suffered no serious injuries after being pushed to the ground so violently that onlookers had to rush in to stop Manny from going further. It's another thing to have your reputation ruined by a spoiled, petulant multi-millionaire who blames YOU for the beating he administered upon you.

"I's your fault I kicked the crap out of you. You've been mean to me. You had it coming."

I'm sure the jury will be very sympathetic to a person, Manny, who so objected to his not getting all of his sixteen complimentary tickets that he "had" to resort to beating on a 62 year old man. Especially since his per game pay was $123,457 ($20 mill divided by 162). Every single game he made $123,457 and, yet, was outraged that he didn't get a few more free tickets. Sheesh!

It was so outrageous, in Manny's view, that Jack McCormick deserved to get beaten AND to now be ripped to shreds in his book.

I'd love to be the lawyer suing Manny in this case.

As for the book's release date, you gotta figure that the publishers were hoping that Manny would have been signed by now. The biggest consumers of sports books are the loyal fans of a player's home team. So who's gonna buy the book with Manny still being unsigned? He's persona non grata in Boston. He hasn't signed with LA or any other team yet. And it's during the first few weeks of introduction that all the "new book excitement" chips are used up. I guess they had to release it while the appetite for a new season is at such high levels. But they ran the risk of the book becoming "old news" if Manny doesn't sign somewhere soon.

Who wants to read a book about the history of Manny (i.e., old news) if the new season is well underway?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andre10056. Show andre10056's posts

Fact or Fiction?

And while he's at it, Jack McCormick should sue one of Manny's former agents, Gene Mato, who also alleged in the book that McCormick was constantly and for many years "rude" to Manny. According to Francona, not only does he not remember that about MdcCormick, but also Mato was "never there".

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1151679&srvc=home&position=1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Fact or Fiction?

Hey, I know a good lawyer...Law2005?, will you take the case?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaz456. Show Yaz456's posts

Fact or Fiction?

A good lawyer or just a poster with "Law" in his screenname? A good lawyer does not have time to post ad infinitum screeds on a newspaper sports page comment page.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Fact or Fiction?

I like Manny, but given the choice between believing Manny or believing Tito, I'm siding with Tito.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2293398. Show user_2293398's posts

Fact or Fiction?

You know a message board has tilted horribly off track when the words "good" and "lawyer" are used next to one another. If no one sued Manny for the numerous $123,000 per game no-shows, nobody is going to sue him now. He'll end up with the Dodgers, that West Coast Combo of Disneyland Ride and AA baseball, goof his way through half the season while the tourists and celebs try to figure out which player he is, then lose interest, quit, and start all over again next year. Ain't life grand?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2293398. Show user_2293398's posts

Fact or Fiction?

You know a message board has tilted horribly off track when the words "good" and "lawyer" are used next to one another. If no one sued Manny for the numerous $123,000 per game no-shows, nobody is going to sue him now. He'll end up with the Dodgers, that West Coast Combo of Disneyland Ride and AA baseball, goof his way through half the season while the tourists and celebs try to figure out which player he is, then lose interest, quit, and start all over again next year. Ain't life grand?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andre10056. Show andre10056's posts

Fact or Fiction?

test

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Fact or Fiction?

"Science-Fiction" Manny's Lost in Space Time with the RedSox

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronho. Show ronho's posts

Fact or Fiction?

Does all this indicate that Manny can actually write??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Fact or Fiction?

[Quote]Manny didn't write the book. Apparently Manny didn't want to revisit how the GM of the Red Sox allowed a racist retired Massachusetts police officer roam around the clubhouse and openly insult and abuse him, or how the GM used that incident for cover to run him out of town.[/Quote]

You call out people for making assumptions...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andre10056. Show andre10056's posts

Fact or Fiction?

[Quote]Manny didn't write the book. Apparently Manny didn't want to revisit how the GM of the Red Sox allowed a racist retired Massachusetts police officer roam around the clubhouse and openly insult and abuse him, or how the GM used that incident for cover to run him out of town.[/Quote]

Yes. In every firm I've ever worked, senior management always allowed the secretaries, janitors, receptionists, cafeteria workers, and lowest ranking employees in general to roam around and openly insult and abuse the firm's most highly paid "rainmakers". That's par for the course in every organization.

Yeah right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Fact or Fiction?

We still dont know what actualy went down except a 62 retired cop that is.

Stop preaching the gospel when you dont know what happend. Is there nothing a 62 year old 6foot3 xcop could say to you or your wife to get pushed down???? Anybody wonder why Manny didnt get suspended for this???

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andre10056. Show andre10056's posts

Fact or Fiction?

"Anybody wonder why Manny didnt get suspended for this???"

If you're suggesting that Manny was not a wrongdoer as "proved" by Manny not being suspended, then can't we use that same logic as to McCormick?

If McCormick were allegedly a wrongdoer, can you name one common sense reason why the Red Sox would have sided with a low level employee wrongdoer versus a $20 mill per year, $123,457 per game ballplayer? It seems to me that McCormick would have been out on his azz in a heartbeat if he had even looked at Manny the wrong way.

Try getting hired by the Red Sox and see how long you last if you "roam around the clubhouse" and, due to your racial prejudices, taunt and insult the ballplayers.

To say that McCormick could have done so is logically absurd.

On the other hand, one can clearly see that the Red Sox would have protected Manny in light of being obligated to pay him $20 mill per year. As a result of the team's investment in him, he can and did practically get away with murder (i.e., no shows, month long bad knees) year after year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Fact or Fiction?

Ahhh....The Oxymoron "good lawyer" right on cue!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

Fact or Fiction?

Fact....you suck get a life and post on a yankees website

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Fact or Fiction?

Once again, I would be more inclined to believe that there was some kind of abuse, particularly if it was racial in nature, if somebody -- anybody -- besides Manny or his paid mouthpiece had spoken up about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRJB1. Show CRJB1's posts

Fact or Fiction?

Below is a link and a cut and paste excerpt from the article. Manny, Mr McCormick and the Sox have moved on. I think we should as well.
    "Later, the two met behind closed doors and Ramirez apologized to McCormick, who accepted the gesture. No further disciplinary action is expected against Ramirez."
    http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/06/manny_ramirez_w.html

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Fact or Fiction?

How do you know for a fact that this went on in the clubhouse? Were you there?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andre10056. Show andre10056's posts

Fact or Fiction?

"not to mention the multmillion dollar payday that McCormack would
    have from the publication of 'false' claims about him in an authorized biography."

Precisely. Mr. McCormick should not allow the Red Sox to tell him to
    "just let it go". He should sue, and sue for the highest of numbers.
    That'll teach semi-retarded thug Manny that he CAN'T get away with everything as he's apparently become used to over his life.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andre10056. Show andre10056's posts

Fact or Fiction?

Let's try that again to fit it into the available space now that
    someone's used a long citation without using the "enter" key
    to break it up onto several lines:

"not to mention the multmillion dollar payday that McCormack
    would have from the publication of 'false' claims about him in
    an authorized biography."

Precisely. Mr. McCormick should not allow the Red Sox to tell
    him to "just let it go". He should sue, and sue for the highest
    of numbers. That'll teach semi-retarded thug Manny that he
    CAN'T get away with everything as he's apparently become