1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveM1967a. Show DaveM1967a's posts

Final Thoughts on the Season

Tough one to lose. Depressing. We had our chances at the end. So used to them coming through.

Crisp slide was awful, Pedey missed one in his wheelhouse, so did Kotsay, and Papi just not himself...but really, just out played

the friggin Rays are good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

A great year. I really thought the Sox had momentum, but Garza took it away. That's what pitching can do for you. All in all, I thought Lester also pitched well, just not well enough. You gotta give the Rays credit, they won this fair and square.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I would think this Season as a whole was a big success. We will be back, and our future is bright !!

GO SOX !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDog78. Show DirtDog78's posts

Exectly, we had to deal with tons of injuries and the whole thing with Manny, we lost 3 out of 4 of our world series MVPs, and the one left in Beckett wasn't all that effective in the end. Its been a tough season, but the team showed why they are the champs and soldiered on and performed far better than expectated. So let's be postive and see what the FO is going to do this winter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I do night like American League pitchers coming high and tight and hitting batters like Gaza was doing; it's cowardly. If he trys that in Philly he'll get what's coming to him; and it might crack a bone in that cold Philly night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM1992. Show MM1992's posts

Not a total success but not a failure either. I am still very proud of the whole organization. The team should be much improved next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from politicod. Show politicod's posts

Congrats to Tampa, Garza and Wrigt. Boston seems diminished.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5923acosta. Show 5923acosta's posts

Good season! Not as bad an ending as 2003... I could not sleep that night!! The Rays were a game better when they needed to be. Mr More Saliva the Any Other Human Garza pitched a good game. There is no way I can watch the series with all those damn cowbells and blue mohawks though.. Ready for 09...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thumbsup. Show thumbsup's posts

Thanks Red Sox for a gutsy season. The team did better than expected and should enjoy the off-season with pride. Get some rest and heal up. Next season should be an exciting one!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from leon.b. Show leon.b's posts

Red Sox is baseball at its finest. Wait till nest year ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from leon.b. Show leon.b's posts

.... make that NEXT year .....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seair. Show seair's posts

Sox played their hearts out. All I've ever asked for over the last 30 years. Thanks Sox. And congrats to the Rays.
    I've never trusted an ownership as much as the one the Sox have now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonOfLilith. Show SonOfLilith's posts

The veterans could not carry this team to the promised land, Ortiz has lost a step, Varitek has lost a couple of steps, no Lowell. The young guys showed well-Bullpen needs an overhaul and another Starter(top line) would go a long way. This offense needs another thumper in the line-up.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5Dough. Show 5Dough's posts

When you're team can force a game 7 like that, you're a lucky fan; more than anything, I'll miss the great memories tied in with the team and summer time. Winter is depressing, and I just miss seeing how my team did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjjjjj0888. Show jjjjjj0888's posts

Great year this year. Now its up to Theo to figure out next year. First and foremost the catcher Tek is a free agent and is the best pitch caller in the game but no bat. Cash not a full time player. I say keep Tek. Also there a lot of good pitchers out there and Hank is just waiting to open the check book CC, Peavy etc. Tampa will be here for a while and the Yanks just wont lay down so this is a big off season. Where do you think we go from here

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

Thats baseball ! Sooner or later it breaks your heart. Hats off to the Rays(I would say to their fans also, but really, are there any Rays fans?) 10 years from now when the Rays are playing in Charlotte or Nashville they won't know what to do with the championship banner. Good Luck in the Series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

[Quote]
    Sox played their hearts out. All I've ever asked for over the last 30 years. Thanks Sox. And congrats to the Rays.
    I've never trusted an ownership as much as the one the Sox have now.
    [/Quote]

amen to that. this is a good ballclub. we were out played by a magical, young, healthy Rays team. but we got 11 extra games and two walkoff wins. that's a good postseason in my book.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vic5014. Show vic5014's posts

The Sox gave it everything they had. The Rays were just better when it really counted. No shame in that. Congrats and good luck in the WS Rays.