1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Francoma

hahahahahahahahahahaahahaha. HAHAHAHA. rrrrrigggghhhttt. Francona is terrible ... just awful ... rrrriiiigggght

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Francoma

Ozzie, Scioscia, Sweet Lou.. all by the wayside.

If Tito isn't good then he must be lucky. I'll take luck over talent any day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Francoma

[Quote]
    (Hello, Mr. Teakus-2, I agree with you 100%
    You are great! And God bless you...
    [/Quote]

Thanks 1281701! And right back atcha man. :0)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Francoma

I liked the move to Okajima, but felt that Vtek set up off the plate on everyone of his pitches to Texiera, hence I wasn't surprised with the walk. I would have made him hit where the worst case scenario doesn't lose you the game. I guess Materson is the call, but again Tek set up out of the strike zone after the 0-2 count. I understand that Vlad is a notorious bad ball hitter, but walking him turned an easy inning into a nailbiter. The pitch to the backstop has to be blamed on Tek. He's the veteran and he can hike to the mound whenever he chooses, especially with a runner on 3rd. Bringing Masterson out in the 9th was ill-advised and the leadoff double shouldn't have surprised anyone. It's truly astonishing that we won that game---and the hero of that game and the series was clearly John Lester

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveM1967a. Show DaveM1967a's posts

Francoma

All you Francona bashers are idiots. Nobody could handle this team better. Proof is in the pudding, he wins and you can't say the Sox are more talented than the Angels, it's the Angels that played poorly, that made huge mistakes.

And dopes, Lester said he was done, francona wanted him for 3 batters in the 8th. Does it make you feel smarter to say "Francoma" I know you simpletons like to watch the games and get your kicks out of thinking your smarter than Francona. Well, you're not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notan. Show notan's posts

Francoma

A blind, deaf and dumb person could manage the Red Sox and succeed with the talent they have. The Sox have won in spite of and despite Francoma. It ain't rocket science but listening to Francoma one would wonder. Then again, maybe it is rocket science to him and based on some of his decisions and non-decisions, he isn't a rocket scientist. Francoma has cost the Sox in close games more often than his decisions have resulted in wins in close games. The Sox win because they are good; for the most part it has nothing to do with the manager.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Francoma

[Quote]Also, if he left Lester in for the 8th, you bashers would have killed Tito if that didn't work out. You are all so smart using 20/20 hindsight. You are all managerial geniuses![/Quote]

I'm not here to question Tito, I'm here to ask you a question Jim... Have you ever seen Francona make a bad decision in his time with the Sox?? Just asking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Francoma

[Quote]

I'm not here to question Tito, I'm here to ask you a question Jim... Have you ever seen Francona make a bad decision in his time with the Sox?? Just asking.[/Quote]

ALaGator, As I have said in the past, you are free to question an in-game move anytime you like. And, there are things that I might do differently. However, I am sophisicated enough to realize that Tito has a ton more information about a given move than I have sitting in my living room drinking a Corona. Since that is the case, I defer to him when he makes those choices. I am sure he, Theo and the rest of the organization are on the same page when it comes down to these types of moves. So, I might disagree with a move or two. but, I would probably be wrong because I am ignorant of the reasons behind the move. I think that is a reasonable position to take. I hope that is not too deep for some of you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

Francoma

[Quote]

I'm not here to question Tito, I'm here to ask you a question Jim... Have you ever seen Francona make a bad decision in his time with the Sox?? Just asking.[/Quote]

Not Jim . . . .but sure he has made many. Can you name me a guy who makes all the right moves. No.

There is only one manager to manage a Major League Baseball Team back from 0-3 in a seven game series. In todays Baseball parity going to ALCS in 4 for 6 years is great managing. Keep in mind the Red Sox are not free spending there way to the top. They have a high payroll but they are not the Yankee's or the Mets for that fact.

I want to add, Tito manages to get them into the playoffs not win 100+ games. He has the team ready for October, obviously. He does this all while developing young players who are helping the Red Sox win in October.

As for Lester, it was Lester who thought he was done after 109 pitches, Tito had planned to leave him in. In the end it worked out. I dont think it was Tito's fault Masterson crossed up Tek and hunter hit a great pitch.

But give him credit for game planning the pitchs Aybar could not bunt thus creating the win.

Bottom line the best winning percentage all time of playoff managers, what else do you need from him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Francoma

I'm not here to question Tito, I'm here to ask you a question Jim... Have you ever seen Francona make a bad decision in his time with the Sox?? Just asking.

Few and far between. I don't mean coinflip decisions where a bunt v a hit-and-run, v swinging away have similar expected values, and discounting bench decisions like where the Tito-haters scream that Lester should've pitched the 8th without knowing that he already said he was finished. Most of the stuff the haters scream about is stuff they know nothing about.

The two things that come to mind was running Lowell B2B hit-and-runs about 2 months ago. The first is fine because maybe you think you're taking them by surprise, but the second looked like stubborness. And last year at AZ. He sat Papi v RJ, which is fine, but didn't bring him in to PH after RJ had been pulled.

I can't remember any other 'mistakes'. There are a whole bunch of times when I might've done something different, but with an imperfect knowledge of what goes on at the bench level, or without knowing that Tito might be saving a guy for next Tuesday's game, or maybe he's not PHing Drew in the 7th because he thinks he'll have a better matchup in the 9th, it's difficult to argue strategy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Francoma

[Quote]
    A blind, deaf and dumb person could manage the Red Sox and succeed with the talent they have. The Sox have won in spite of and despite Francoma. It ain't rocket science but listening to Francoma one would wonder. Then again, maybe it is rocket science to him and based on some of his decisions and non-decisions, he isn't a rocket scientist. Francoma has cost the Sox in close games more often than his decisions have resulted in wins in close games. The Sox win because they are good; for the most part it has nothing to do with the manager.
    [/Quote]

This post really shows you really are a thoughtful poster. I guess you are smarter than Lucchino, Henry, Theo and Tito. If you want to have a meaningful debate on the merits of Terry as a manager, I'm all for it. But, your go to deaf dumb line shows a bit of ignorance. Would you like to sit at the big boy table?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lopi1122. Show lopi1122's posts

Francoma

didnt a former manager get run out of town for keeping our ace in a tight playoff game too long with a high pitch count. And yet again, if masterson has a scoreless appearence tito is a genious for doing what grady didnt do. all you francona bashers disgust me!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HHS1964. Show HHS1964's posts

Francoma

[Quote]HHS, you are guilty of using 20-20 hindsight. You, like almost everyone else on this board, would have pinch hit for Lowrie and would have been wrong.[/Quote]

I agree with you to some extent. For a split second I was overwhelmed with grief and really pissed thinking the Sox had it locked up and then in a position to lose. A trip cross country would have been devastating. NO WAY do you lift Lester with so much at stake. Don't want to hear about pitch counts and other BS. Lester was locking them down and likely could have finished the game. His adrenaline must have been sky high and that is OK. No one would have faulted Francona pitch hitting the Mayor for Lowrie but Francona sees a bigger picture then most of us. Lowrie's growth as a baseball player after that hit is substantial. Heck, I was surprised Cora was not in the game defensively but then again Francona is planning for the intangibles that occur in a potential extra inning game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HHS1964. Show HHS1964's posts

Francoma

[Quote]Francona is amazing. As a long time Sox fan (since 1948) I really appreciate the man and just sit and watch how his decisions play out. I live in Utah and am not able to keep up with the latest news on the sox, though I do try.

I would like to know why he plays Kotsay over Casey at first base last night. Kotsay has not been able to hit A.L. hitting since he has been here.
    [/Quote]

Defense

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

Francoma

[Quote]
    [/Quote]

This post is so silly it's a riot!!! HAHAHAHA ... Are you kidding me?? I guess you would prefer the pre-Tito days where we would be working on more than 90 years since last winning it all. To criticize the Red Sox's success in recent years tells us all that you are a jealous fn of some other team.
    Francona has been the best Sox manager in many decades. We've been the most successful baseball team this century. It's a total organizational success - from the owners down to the players.
    You're a funny person to actually complain about SUCCESS. What a fool you are.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Francoma

NO WAY do you lift Lester with so much at stake. Don't want to hear about pitch counts and other BS. Lester was locking them down and likely could have finished the game.

No way he can finish the game. He was at 109. Just using averages, he'd be north of 140 PC if he finishes. If he runs into trouble as he tires, he'd be at 150 or higher.

But none of that matters. Lester comes in and says he's finished, and you're blaming Tito for listening to him. Sorry, but that makes no sense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Francoma

So when Masterson came out to start the 9th you all thought that was a good idea/ good move? Anyone who knows anything about BB could see Masterson barely got out of the 8th and he didnt look good that night....

But you fail to look at the big picture. I'm not saying that you're necessarily wrong, but you're not considering the fact the game is tied, that Paps is unavailable, and that you've used Oki and Masterson. that leaves you with MDC and Lopez. Again, you could be right, but you have to balance the fact that Masterson wasn't looking good against the fact that if the game goes another 2-3 innings, you're out of BP help and might be relying on Wake/Byrd.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

Francoma

the Francona haters have to be school children,because they dont understand the game????? I've been watching the Sox since there was only 8 teams in the American league if we came in 7th it was a good season!!! Now we have a chance to do 3 WS in 5 years.it just goes to show us, there are some really STUPID people making comments, there should be an I Q test before your allowed to post