1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordNikon9363. Show LordNikon9363's posts

Fred Taylor's other job for NE

We all know how BB loves his accomplished veterans that are still hungry for a Ring, and Fred Taylor definitely fits that bill, being one of the best RB's of this decade. However there's one thing I haven't heard or seen anyone bring up.. What has he been doing for the past 3 years? He's been setting up, maturing & mentoring Maurice Jones-Drew. Now MJD has been a TD machine from the getgo, however, he wasn't the most confident player when he first came into the league (same year as Maroney i believe). Maroney's best year was his first when he followed and listened to Dillon like a little puppy. I know he's had Morris & Faulk, but I just don't seem them as teachers of the game. Dont get me wrong, they're far from bad players/people, I just think Maroney needs that guy to look up to and try to match/better what he does on/off the field and from what I've heard/seen, Fred Taylor fits that bill too. So in my opinion, not only have they brought in a good player, I think he's their last attempt at bringing Maroney around. Just my 2cents. Although you can't really look too much into it, I thought it was slightly ironic that Taylor got a 2 year deal, not a 1 or 3. Now both he and Maroney's expire after 2010.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

I think Fred Taylor's best contributions will be his productivity on the field. He's a home run threat every time he touches the ball. His productive carries could also make Maroney better because they can share the carries & both stay healthy & productive. Good point RE him wanting a ring, that's what Dillon wanted & what he got with the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Stay healthy? Laura had Sammy and LaMont last year to split carries with she still could not stay healthy. The Maroney dinghy has sailed and the sank.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Maroney's being put on the IR was premature and more of a message to a guy nursing an injury than anything. He should have been back in 2-3 more games.

That being said it was the start of his "you have one more chance" tenure as a Patriot. Taylor will certainly help provide a mentor w/ credentials similar to Dillon's that Jordan/Morris didn't approach. His attitude in that role will prob be better than Corey's and more in line w/ what Rodney/Bruschi bring to the young guys on D.

I'm sure we're all rooting for 1,000+ yards from Laurence. 6-700 from Taylor, 3-400 from Morris and 2-300 from Faulk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

And yet people are excited about a 33 year old coming off a worse season than Maroney has ever had.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Scott Zolak says don't sleep on Fred Taylor! He will have a good year;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordNikon9363. Show LordNikon9363's posts

The fact that Fred Taylor and MJD came out of last season alive/not seriously injured is just a miracle. I don't know if some of you knew or not, but I don't think they had a single starting O-Lineman make it through the entire season. They had so many injuries and unfortunate events happen to that line.