1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Free agents

Anyone notice all of the decent CB's and Safeties that are in the Free Agent market? We should be able to get a decent pick-up or 2 to upgrade our secondary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Free agents

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/19/2009-free-agent-tracker/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Free agents

Saw this clip on rotoworld on Deangelo Hall.

www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif" alt="" width="11" height="1" /> www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif" alt="" width="10" height="1" /> www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif" alt="" width="400" height="1" />
    The Boston Globe suggests that the Patriots could enter the bidding for free agent DeAngelo Hall.
    New England had interest in Hall when he was cut by Oakland in-season and is still sorely in need of corners. The Pats figure to only target 1-2 marquee free agents with much of their cap devoted to Matt Cassel and Tom Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Free agents

That is pure speculation by Mike Reiss, not a rumor from the team. I could see them being interested, but I think the money will get too high.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffg316. Show jeffg316's posts

Free agents

Yeah DHall will come expensive and get lazy again like he did after his payday in Oakland.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Free agents

He didn't get lazy, it was just poor player scouting. He isn't the kind of corner that cna excel in Oakland's system. He was performing well but not $10 million well. Their bad, not his.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Free agents

Free agency starts tomorrow. I wonder who is going to get cut to open up cap space. As it stands I believe they only have $6 million now. That's not going to sign many "marquee" players!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Free agents

Actually, the adjusted cap will be higher, so it will likely be closer to $8.5-$9 million.

Minus the vet min for alexander that figure will be close to $7.5 to $8. Unless NE has a deal in place for Cassel (hope) I can't see any major addition because most of that money has to be earmarked for the draft, and the NFL rules heading into the last year of a CBA prohibit the kind of "creative" accounting that could backload a contract.

What is worse is that there really aren't many players worth cutting. Most don't offer a real break. For instance, Green (who underperforms his cap number) would only save NE a little. Perhaps renegotiating would work to clear up the $2.5 million.

Faulk offers savings, but you would be silly to think he isn't earning his $4 million. If anything I would rather they extend him to get some relief.

Bruschi is over paid, but I can't see them cutting him, not him and not just to save the $1.2 million it would cost to replace him with a rock-bottom vet.

Vrabel and Light offer savings and appeard to slip last season, but who would replace them?

So I can't see the cap situation changing until Cassel is dealt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Free agents

If we give anyone other then Vince Wilfork big money we can say good bye to Vince cause he will be insulted and he will walk away. And the same could be said for Mankins. We need to get our own guys signed before we sign any free agents.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Free agents

Just remember they didnt cut L. Milloy until the 11th hour and they did that for more then just the cap they did it to also send a shiver down the spin of their players that even a veteren guy like Milloy whom Belichick loved is not safe from being cut so dont rule anything out.