1. You have chosen to ignore posts from irlnd32. Show irlnd32's posts

Gagne will be fine so stop

Keep him in there, let him work himself out of hit. He'll be just fine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ri404. Show ri404's posts

I have mixed feelings. It seems as though LUGO might actually be contributing a little bit so I guess everybody has a chnace to come back. One problem is that it took LUGO 3 months, do the sox really have that long to wait at this point in the season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayrod. Show jayrod's posts

Gagne just has mechanical problems.

He needs his mechanic to fix his car so he can drive the flock out of town

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from philpaul07. Show philpaul07's posts

I've been trying like hell to be optimistic about Gagne and to shrug off his terrible beginning as a Red Sox player by using the same logic ("he's trying hard to impress, he's got to feel comfortable playing in Boston, he's just in a slump") but, after last night, when the crowd was so fired up and all the pieces were in place for a very very satisfying day/night doubleheader sweep - and Gagne blew it all to pieces - I just have to wonder ... is this guy just a very bad fit here? To lose an opportunity to gain THREE additional games on the Yankees in less than one week, all because of his poor relief efforts and after two huge late inning comebacks - that really is too much, even for old optimistic me.

I'm beginning to see visions of Gagne standing in a team photo with Bucky Dent, Mickey Rivers, Craig Nettles, and Danny Cater (remember those guys), all with big smiles on their faces and their arms around each others shoulders. Ugh! What a sight! I'm predicting that within two more appearances by the Crazy Frenchman Tito will will resort to that incessant rocking back and forth motion he was famous for a couple of years ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Put him on the 60 day dl . Pay him and move on with the BEST bullpen in baseball. We don't need this guy. Theo made a move, nice try but it didn't work. Why risk the season with unnecessary controversy. Clay Buck or Manny D. are MUCH better options.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Gagme had not pitched well in July for Texas . a 4.35 era and getting hit pretty hard. Theo got taken. It happens , no big deal. Put Gagme on the DL and bring up Clay. Problem solved. At best he could be used as middle relief and he won't be happy with that . Do we really want an unhappy fireballer in the pen with no fire ?? I say we cut our losses , move on and win this thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

"Gagme had not pitched well in July for Texas . a 4.35 era and getting hit pretty hard."

His ERA with Texas was not 4.35. It was 2.16.

His ERA in July was 4.35, which is lower than Papelbon's was in July (4.70). Would you say Ppalebon was "getting hit pretty hard"? If so, all the more reason to get Gagne or some form of bullpen help, right?

Gagne threw 10.1IP in July and allowed 5ER all month. Of the 5ER he allowed in July, 3 of them came on one swing from Richie Sexon on July 23rd. During the rest of the month, he only allowed 2 more earned runs. In 7 of his 10 July outings for Texas, he did not allow a hit, and in 6 of those, he didn't walk a batter either. Six times out of ten it was 3 up, 3 down. Yeah, he was getting hammered.

Put Gagme on the DL and bring up Clay. Problem solved.

Not the worst solution. In fact, even the 15 day DL gets you to September.

At best he could be used as middle relief and he won't be happy with that . Do we really want an unhappy fireballer in the pen with no fire ?? I say we cut our losses , move on and win this thing.

Gagne has earned th e right not to pitch in key situations. If he has a problem with that, it is his option to pitch himself backinto the manager's good graces.

And if he pitches himself off any post-season roster, oh well.

But if he is a Type A free agent after this season, you hold on to him until he files and hope he doesn't accept arbitration...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from smallgarden. Show smallgarden's posts

GagnΘ has been bad, no doubt. I don't know if he will be fine, but the idea Theo made a mistake is foolish. Please let me know who was saying the trade was bad three weeks ago. Who? I think he should pitch is some less cruial situation to get his confidence back. He is absolutely not someone you would want to leave of your playoff roster, and I say that by looking at his whole career. which has been outstanding, not a three week period.Please explain to me why you and so many Red Sox fans over-react so much. Whenever the Red Sox get a new player who at first performs poorly some fans (not all) act like he is someone who just walked in off the street, and has no track record. If we want GagnΘ to contribute we should stop with the bottle-throwing and the name calling, and give him a chance to make the adjustment he needs to make.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Gagne has earned th e right not to pitch in key situations. If he has a problem with that, it is his option to pitch himself backinto the manager's good graces.

I have no idea what you mean by this ???????? It is Titos option to pitch him or not. And as far as I can tell he is STILL in Titos "good graces" I can honestly say that no one in the history of baseball ever pitched better than Gagne during that 84 save streak in LA. In his prime he threw is FB 98 - 100 mph over the middle of the plate and it was unhittable he was the most amazing pitcher I had ever seen. That was then and this is now. He still challenges good hitters with the FB in crucial situations but at 92 mph the results are quite different. This guy is a mistake, put him on the DL and bring up Buchholz.. So Theo got snookered by Texas , SO WHAT!. Let's move on with the BEST bullpen in MLB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Theo just does a terrible job of figuring out what players will thrive here.

Your right , Beckett, Lowell, Ortiz, Crisp, Dice , Oki are all perfect examples.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmm216. Show rmm216's posts

I am really concerned about this guy's mental toughness. There is a lot more pressure pitching here than in Texas or L.A. I wonder if the team has a shrink on duty?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

That was my point. Gagne was a mistake. Suck it up and move on . Buchholz would be a solid addition. We are fortunate to have a guy like Buchholz ready and waiting. Gagne was a bad move , it wasn't the first and it won't be the last, SO WHAT. This roster spot can be used in a better way.