1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Good bye

Living in Florida for the past 5 years after being born in Lowell and lived in NE for 50 years -------Just a few short weeks ago this forum was my life line to the Red Sox, Pats, Celts and Bruins.

It no longer works for me and as I can see a whole lot of others.

The mods apparently do not care. That what was once a great place to talk Boston sports has become a piece of crap.

Ther has been no updates to any complaints.
    There have been no changes at all.

I thought that just maybe the mods or the people who have this out sourced to themselves might take some pride and fix it. I can see that it was wishful thinking on my part.

I need to find a new outlet and input for my Boston Sports addiction.

Oh yes I will still come and read articles just like I do on the Herald. I also will see if any progress has been made.

Right now my MASSHOLE attitude is coming out something that has not happened in many years------------------ since as I write this I really get pissed.

THIS   F    U    K    I    N    FORUM            S    U   C    K     S        OUTLOUD and no one F  U  K  I  N  CARES.

To the ladies out there my apologies for my language.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from High_and_Tight2. Show High_and_Tight2's posts

Good bye

You know Jim, a complete boycott of this board until things are corrected might not be a bad idea.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from peskypole. Show peskypole's posts

Good bye

Honestly, I don't think they'd care.  One less thing for them to worry about is probably the way they'd look at it.  Too bad, really.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Good bye

Jim, I smell Yankee conspiracy here.  Don't the Yanks own a chunk of the NY Times?  And doesn't the Times own the  Globe?  And does not the Globe owns this crappy place?   Lol.  Ever since it was reported RSN was now officially being simply called The NATION since it has the biggest fanbase, Hank has been hellbent on messing things up for us.

Yes I think the mods here are alligned with the Yankees.  Not one of the promised corrections have been made.  It's the only explanation.  I don't blame you a bit for leaving.  I may well do myself.  But check in from time to time and see if things have improved.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

Good bye

a lot of good posters have gone to sawxheads.com.  This isn't the only board in town.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bert0529. Show Bert0529's posts

Good bye

Take care Jim... and check back in!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxFanNY. Show BoSoxFanNY's posts

Good bye

JimfromFlorida - we will miss chatting with you!
    You are so right - living in New York I came to these boards
    to share my passion of the Red Sox with other passionate,
    well-versed baseball fans.
    This board is not what it used to be.
    I too miss sharing about the BoSox, celebrating their victories and
    commiserating on losses (hopefully not too many!).
    Hope you find a way to share your passion for the BoSox!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlpookers. Show jlpookers's posts

Good bye

jim.
    i agree with everything your saying. in fact this is the first post since the santana deal. any way one thing puzzles me. being a member since 5/30/08 makes your story a little fishy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Good bye

[Quote]Jim, I smell Yankee conspiracy here.  Don't the Yanks own a chunk of the NY Times?  And doesn't the Times own the  Globe?  And does not the Globe owns this crappy place?   Lol.  Ever since it was reported RSN was now officially being simply called The NATION since it has the biggest fanbase, Hank has been hellbent on messing things up for us.

Yes I think the mods here are alligned with the Yankees.  Not one of the promised corrections have been made.  It's the only explanation.  I don't blame you a bit for leaving.  I may well do myself.  But check in from time to time and see if things have improved.  [/Quote]

Fenway - you need to get over this NY conspiracy that seems to be affecting you. Maybe you never noticed, but a large part of this community on the board were Yank fans. It was a place for us to come and partake in the greatest rivalry in all sports with our fellow baseball fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Good bye

[Quote]Fenway - you need to get over this NY conspiracy that seems to be affecting you. Maybe you never noticed, but a large part of this community on the board were Yank fans. It was a place for us to come and partake in the greatest rivalry in all sports with our fellow baseball fans.[/Quote]

Some NY fans , thats for sure and some good ones , but whats up with a couple of NY fans coming to the Sox forum posting 50 - 100 posts a day ? Hitting every Sox thread with 20 posts from the same screen name? Why do that on a Sox forum ? Very unhealthy for the board as it discouraged many 'new' first time Sox fans from coming on board. Sox fans come here to debate the Sox and root for thier team, in the past it was always good to have some Yankee spice from time to time from a Yankee fan but the last year, the 'over the top' compulsive posting by a couple of NY fans has been obnoxious.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lindawitz1. Show Lindawitz1's posts

Good bye

[Quote]jim.
    i agree with everything your saying. in fact this is the first post since the santana deal. any way one thing puzzles me. being a member since 5/30/08 makes your story a little fishy.[/Quote]

That's probably part of Jim's point.  I have been a member for several years with well over 1500 posts - however, it lists me as a brand new poster with only a few posts.  I'll look to another forum to reconnect with the folks I've been posting with over the past several years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Good bye

[Quote]That's probably part of Jim's point.  I have been a member for several years with well over 1500 posts - however, it lists me as a brand new poster with only a few posts.  I'll look to another forum to reconnect with the folks I've been posting with over the past several years.[/Quote]

Try Sawxheads .com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Good bye

[Quote]jim.
    i agree with everything your saying. in fact this is the first post since the santana deal. any way one thing puzzles me. being a member since 5/30/08 makes your story a little fishy.[/Quote]

Another thing that got screwed up is the "member since" dates.

I have been a member for over 2 years and suddenly my user name was changed fron ZILLAGOD to ZILLAGOD-2 ( even though I have never seen a ZILLAGOD -1)and the member since date changed to 2008 when it used to read sometime in 2006.

So don't blame him for that.

The board has changed , but I really don't find it that bad. My understanding is that it is a work in progress and upgrades are likely to occur over time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NightHawkz. Show NightHawkz's posts

Good bye

[Quote]jim.

LOL what a jerk.........if you were a regular you would have know that Jim from FL was a regular long before the member date listed.  Don't always agree with him, but he posted all the time you idiot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Good bye

[Quote]jim.

Sir or Ms. This upgrade eliminate all past posts by everyone. It has been over 2 years and since the Herald closed their forum, And well over 1000 posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vabeachredsoxfan. Show vabeachredsoxfan's posts

Good bye

Here is the response that I received from BDC yesterday regarding the status of updates/improvements to this board:

Thank you for writing back to Boston.com. We don't have any updates to offer at
    this time, but we are aware of interest in the types of features you have
    described below.

We appreciate your suggestion for regular status updates, and have forwarded
    your message to our community team for consideration.

Kind regards,

Customer Support
    Boston.com

It appears that it will be a while before we see any improvements. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Good bye

I think there is ZERO chance they care what we think. As mentioned, it used to be great to chat here but all the Globe has done...repeatedly...is change things just enough to drive away the regulars. Honestly, unless chasing everyone away was the M.O., I have no idea what they're trying to accomplish.