1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BedfordScott. Show BedfordScott's posts

Good vs. Evil

Mark Texiera going to the Yankees is just another example of Good vs. Evil. The NY Yankees represent everything evil where money is supreme over all else. You have to question the character of any free agent (or willing trade participant) that ends up on the Yankees. You can add Texiera to the likes of A-Rod, Damon, Giambi and Clemens. All rotten eggs who will get (or have gotten) what every person eventually gets who reach for the money above all else. Now understand that I am not against all Yankees. Guys like Jeter, Posada, Rivera and Bernie Williams are all class guys. They came up as Yankees. I am just reeling against those who choose money over all else ... it says alot about character ... good vs. evil.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Good vs. Evil

The problem isn't the Yankees it is MLB. MLB idolizes the Yankees and put them on display at every turn as the most fabled sports franchise in the history of the world. MLB is afraid to make any rules that brings them back to the pack and forces them to actually earn and build to championships. MLB could care less what happens to Tampa, Texas, or Minnesotas of the league. MLB is happy with the occasional David slayings of the Yanks like the Sox or Florida accomplished but otherwise MLB is smiling today.

The Luxory tax is a joke and until MLB hard caps baseball it will always be like this. The Yankees are not the best franchise they are the richest. They beg and borrow money from the city of New York to build their new shrine and then flaunt that are not broke by their signings of this winter. In MLB eyes the Yankees are baseball and everyone else is the Washington Generals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from caubrey. Show caubrey's posts

Good vs. Evil

no good versus here, believe it or not people consider the sox just as evil. Tex didn't want to come to Boston plan and simple!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-Halpert. Show Jim-Halpert's posts

Good vs. Evil

Wasn't Damon a free agent that ended up with the red sox? Did you question his character?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

Good vs. Evil

"The NY Yankees represent everything evil where money is supreme over all else."

So what you are saying is every business in the US is evil because they spend to make and the Sox are not evil even though they charge its fans the highest ticket price in all of MLB. So are you saying the Sox are the good because there owners pocketed billions over the years rather than spend it on players. I think you need to brush up on your bible & determine whats good & whats evil.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Good vs. Evil

MrDee,
    We have been winning! You broke a payroll record and finished third in our division. I think what is being said is we are good because we win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Good vs. Evil

Sully, go back in time to shortly before Bud Selig and MLB corrupted the system and allowed the whole mess that started with the Expo's and Marlins,and ended with the high bidder actually being turned down and allowing John Henry and his group to buy the Sox. The whole thing has been about marketing. The fix was in for the deal to allow JH, who Selig was convinced would spend enough money to be the other half of the deal. It's like the old WWF or the "new" WWE with their good guy/bad guy bouts.
    MLB has figured out the best way to capitalize on baseball's most profitable rivalry, and as such we're all going for a ride. The only reason MLB hasnt tried to move one of these 2 teams to the NL in order to reap the possible WS money is that this way they guarantee that the Yanks and Sox play at least 19 times a year. It's good for Fox, or MLB TV, or wherever the games are. It's only a matter of time before MLB tries to get the TV broadcasts away from the teams so that MLB Advanced Media can make all the money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Good vs. Evil

[Quote]no good versus here, believe it or not people consider the sox just as evil. Tex didn't want to come to Boston plan and simple!![/Quote]

not quite caubrey

more like

yy.jpg picture by pinstripezac

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

Good vs. Evil

i think if you wanna make any casefor the yankees being evil its that they can spend close to 424 milllion dollars in about 28 days....but they somehow cohorsed the city of NY, along with the mets, to pay for alot of the price of TWO 800 million dollar stadiums....yet th nyc public school cant get a dime or some buses...so congrats yankees fans your teams better but all your kids are gonna be idiots when there still doing basic fractions as seniors and there history books are from the 80's

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Good vs. Evil

[Quote]Ever think that just maybe Tex didn't want to go to beantown?[/Quote]

If that were true, he would have accepted the offer from LA.....It is all about GREED! nice try on the spin....

Oh and the original poster can add Pavano, Mussina, Abrau and Matsui to the list

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2009WSChampNYY. Show 2009WSChampNYY's posts

Good vs. Evil

Evil? Wow, I thought this was just about a game. I really can't stand the sox (and some of their fans) but geez, evil?

You may think that the Yankees spending so much money on a ballplayer hurts the game, isn't fair, or is just poor sportsmanship, but evil? Osama bin Laden is evil, Joe Stalin was evil, but a baseball team, whether you hate them or not, isn't evil. Get a grip.

Oh, and by the way, the Sox suck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Good vs. Evil

[Quote]Evil? Wow, I thought this was just about a game. I really can't stand the sox (and some of their fans) but geez, evil?

You may think that the Yankees spending so much money on a ballplayer hurts the game, isn't fair, or is just poor sportsmanship, but evil? Osama bin Laden is evil, Joe Stalin was evil, but a baseball team, whether you hate them or not, isn't evil. Get a grip.

Oh, and by the way, the Sox suck.[/Quote]

Only a dumb Skanks fan can't see that the last three players that they got signed a deal with the DEVIL! Greed = EVIL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from neils4pool. Show neils4pool's posts

Good vs. Evil

I find it interesting that one never hears Redsox fans apologize for the fact they spent more money on their team other than the Yankees, Detroit and perhaps Los Angeles. Haven't they, therefore bought themselves two World Series. And why were they not able to defeat the Rays whose payroll was far less than theirs. So I guess it's only the Yankees who try to buy pennants and world series and not any other team.

We live in a capitalistc society. Some people have more than others. If you have the money you buy a Rolls Royce, if you don't, you buy a Chevy. The money buys you neither happiness nor success as a person. Nor does money buy you pennants or World Series rings. So, get over it. Do the best with what you have and root for the team from your area. Most of the time you will lose, but sometimes you will win. The winning is all the more sweet when you can knock off the favorite because you have shown more heart, more resolve and even with of the lack of resources you have been able to build a better team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-Halpert. Show Jim-Halpert's posts

Good vs. Evil

[Quote]

Only a dumb Skanks fan can't see that the last three players that they got signed a deal with the DEVIL! Greed = EVIL![/Quote]

How old are you, 8?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RussSBar. Show RussSBar's posts

Good vs. Evil

Double standars.

As they said on ESPN Radio yesterday,

If you want to see a team about buying a championship,

Go to a CELTICS GAME.

Sections
Shortcuts