Hansen Replacement?

Bartolo Colon

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Hansen Replacement?

A batting tee? Fungo bat?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Hansen Replacement?

[Quote]A batting tee? Fungo bat?[/Quote]

The hot dog vendor behind home plate was more accurate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Recifense. Show Recifense's posts

Hansen Replacement?

Well, the idea was that one of the two, Buchholz or Colon, would have to go to the bullpen when Colon comes back. Either one would be an improvement over the way Hansen has been pitching.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Recifense. Show Recifense's posts

Hansen Replacement?

Well, the idea was that one of the two, Buchholz or Colon, would have to go to the bullpen when Colon comes back. Either one would be an improvement over the way Hansen has been pitching.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from peacemow. Show peacemow's posts

Hansen Replacement?

One of the guys throwing peanuts in the bleachers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PutRiceInTheHOF. Show PutRiceInTheHOF's posts

Hansen Replacement?

Pitt should be a good situation for Hansen. I suspect with less pressure he will turn out to be the talent we expected him to be. That being said, I would look for the Sox to call someone up like Smith or even Bowden. I also bet we see more of Timlin down the stretch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Hansen Replacement?

they need to bring up Daniel Bard. He's a hard throwing(97-100 mph) pitcher that is blowing guys away down in AA right now with Portland Sea Dogs. He has an ERA in the low 2.00's and way more strikeouts than innings pitched. All these other teams have young relief pitchers in their bullpens as important late inning pitchers. Yankees(Veras), Angels(Arendondo) A's(Ziegler) Cubs(Jeff Samardzjia, Marmol) Rockies(Corpos)

And recent setup men and closers to come straight up from the minors to help teams down the stretch and into the playoffs.......

Huston street, carlos marmol, K Rod, Papelbon, Bobby Jenks, Zumaya, adam wainwright, Jon Broxton, jesse crain(twins), tony pena(D-Backs) list goes on and on. Point is, people on the radio and tv say oh you can't bring up Daniel Bard or Michael Bowden because they have no experience. Well neither did any of those guys and a lot of them were the difference between winning and loseing for their ballclubs.

So bring up Bard and try him out, see if he can do it....if he can then the Sox are that much better if he's able to blow guys away with his 100mph fastball. If Bard doesn't work then Bowden should be the next to try. The yankees have 3 or 4 young guys in their bullpen pitching in the 7th and 8th innings and those guys have helped the yankees turn things around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Carnob52. Show Carnob52's posts

Hansen Replacement?

Michael Bowden hopefully. maybe we sign freddy garcia? who knows. i doubt we would sign freddy garcia. Chris Smith. Devern Hansack who has been good of recent in AAA. Who knows?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rondo1811. Show rondo1811's posts

Hansen Replacement?

how about michael bowden?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Hansen Replacement?

I don't disagree that someone from the minors could be effective, but I think everyone is forgetting not only is Colon coming off the DL, so is Aardsma. They would need to clear two roster spots not just one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrstohl. Show mrstohl's posts

Hansen Replacement?

How'bout Charlie Zink?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RuebenJames. Show RuebenJames's posts

Hansen Replacement?

Zink is a great choice. That way he could relieve Wakefield thus giving us more innings without having to watch Tek strike his spikes with his bat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

Hansen Replacement?

I can't believe all thr criticism of Hansen and Del Carmen and Clay.......all I heard about was how great the young pitchers for Boston were, they had 4 aces just waiting to come up..........my god, and now Manny being Manny is no longer cool either.......what a fan base...LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreamer007. Show dreamer007's posts

Hansen Replacement?

[Quote]I can't believe all thr criticism of Hansen and Del Carmen and Clay.......all I heard about was how great the young pitchers for Boston were, they had 4 aces just waiting to come up..........my god, and now Manny being Manny is no longer cool either.......what a fan base...LOL[/Quote]

i would rather be a fan of the red sox than a team that is
    run by the BORG... resistence is futile, you will be assimilated

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jumpshotking13. Show jumpshotking13's posts

Hansen Replacement?

id rather them not rush up someone like bard or bowden and have what happened to hansen happen to them. bring up someone from AAA (smith, hansack) until one of the pitchers scheduled to come off the DL can be activated (colon, aardsma).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

Hansen Replacement?

Bard ,,,,,,,,,,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DennisLamp. Show DennisLamp's posts

Hansen Replacement?

Colon is not suited to the bullpen. He needs the carefully monitored, rigid shedule of a starter for any chance at making a contribution. The daily grind, and up again/down again routine of relief work would have him back on the DL before you can say "double quarter pounder with cheese".

He'd hurt himself just joggin' in from the pen when Tito called on him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

Hansen Replacement?

[Quote]id rather them not rush up someone like bard or bowden and have what happened to hansen happen to them. bring up someone from AAA (smith, hansack) until one of the pitchers scheduled to come off the DL can be activated (colon, aardsma).[/Quote]

I think the good thing with Bard is that he's already gone through that crazy streak and worked it out. The only real concern is how he would react if major league hitters start catching up to that fastball. Someone just needs to sit him down and tell him that he doesn't need to care what happens once he's called up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe301. Show joe301's posts

Hansen Replacement?

Zink isn't coming up, the Sox don't want two knuckleballers there at the same time (mentioned by Gordon Edes I believe in a chat this season). Bard sounds great, but so did Hansen 3 years ago and he still hasn't recovered. I think they will see what they have, call up Chris Smith, and see who goes through waivers. I am surprised they didn't get Grabow in the Manny deal, I think they should've withheld Hansen in that case. But dealing Hansen to me proves Theo has been a little too conservative with the younger players here instead of maximizing trade values, as Hansen 2 or 3 years back could've fetched a lot more in return than he did. Next year, he saves at least 30 for Pirates, assuming they win that many, you can bank on it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lopi1122. Show lopi1122's posts

Hansen Replacement?

Either bring up Zink or Bard. I would love to see Zink, but that would be awkward having two kuckleballers and having varitek trying to catch him out of the bullpen. Also knuckleballers tend to throw alot slower and have a history of being bad at keeping runners from stealing. That is a big factor out of the bullpen. Now I have been watching Bard since he was pitching in North Carolina. He is for real. With little to no effort he can hit 97-98 on the guns. If he needs to he can reach back and hit 100-101. He has a nasty breaking ball and decent circle-change and 2-seamer to go along with it. I think he could be our version of Joba. The kid is 23 yrs old and 6'5 200lbs. If he adds on a little bit more muscle watch out. He has all the makings of being a dominant reliever or solid number 3 starter in the future.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joshbeckett20and72007. Show joshbeckett20and72007's posts

Hansen Replacement?

AA righty Daniel Bard Should Be Given a shot maybe he will be our Zumaya this kid has and electric arm his fastball sits 97-98 and can reach 101

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1931488. Show user_1931488's posts

Hansen Replacement?

Replace what? 3 walks an inning....