1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Harrison released

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3929284

Trade Cassel already, free up the cap space, let Gaffney walk and bring in Marvin as our 3rd WR

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Harrison released

Bring in Marvin? are you kidding? I would take Gaffney over Harrison anyday of the week at this point in Marvins career. He has nothing less, he is the new Issac Bruce of the NFL. A guy living off former glory but who cant get it done anymore. Some poor a$$ team like San Fran will give him a bigger contract then we ever would and he will retire and run of the mill WR.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Harrison released

Forgetting for the moment that Harrison is going to want retarded money, do we really need this guy around threatening ball boys and . . .

. . . ummm . . .

. . . errrrr . . . .

not shooting people.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Harrison released

Not to mention Gaffney has payed his dues. We signed him off teh street and when we did that how many of you guys thought he would still be with the team? All this guy does is work his a$$ of so he can remain a Pat. He realizes that playing with Brady is the best he will ever get and he wants to stay. He will take less money to be here and with Brady coming off his injury he will need as many "his" guys as he can get and we all know that Brady and Gaffney have a great on field repour. He can count on Gaffney. Sure Gaffney made a few bad drops this year but that shouldnt negate what he has done in the past. He is the only WR on the team who can play all the spots and he does so with humble pie dripping from his nose. He was a JAG when he got here and now he is one of Bradys faverite players to throw to. Screw Marvin Harrison I would rather have a true pat like Gaffney any day.

The name is Magic....Magic Gaffney

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Harrison released

Harrison is as invisible as The Fake LT come Playoff time. No thanks to either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Harrison released

/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoLaN87. Show NoLaN87's posts

Harrison released

Matt Cassel at 3rd WR over Harrison. Seriously.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Harrison released

yeah yeah

so it would not be blow to Indy fans that their signing Vinatieri was to us? He wouldn't be a smart savvy vet able to duplicate Gaffeny's... what...40 catches?

I certainly wouldn't pay him much, if anything, more than Gaffney is asking for

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Harrison released

[Quote]yeah yeah

so it would not be blow to Indy fans that their signing Vinatieri was to us? He wouldn't be a smart savvy vet able to duplicate Gaffeny's... what...40 catches?

I certainly wouldn't pay him much, if anything, more than Gaffney is asking for[/Quote]

AV signing for crazy money with the Colts was fine for the Pats and fine for the Colts. We got a better kicker in the long run, as AV has been winding down and not playing up to his contract, while Gostowski has been playing above his. The Colts finally got a kicker who could actually make the big kick for a season or two.

As for Harrison, he was a great player but was never the same after the knee injury. He is foolish not to take the pay cut and stay with the Colts. Bring to N.E.? No way. I would rather have Troy Brown, who probably can still play and is a much better team player. Would Harrsion ever have returned punts or played nickleback? Never. Would Brown have been involved in a gun crime.? Never. While I don't think it highly likely that somebody like Chad Johnson ends up in N.E. next season, weirder things have happend in Foxboro...and worked.

And I agree with MVP, Gaffney deserves to keep his spot, though I am not as convinced he will stay here, or that the Pats will keep him. There are some pretty amazing receivers on the market, if the Pats can trade Cassel and get some good, young LBs, TEs and DBs in the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Harrison released

Signing Harrison would be a typical New York Yankees move. The Patriots should not overpay for name players who were once great but are now middle of the pack. That's often a recipe for failure. I'd keep Gaffney over Harrison.

The Patriots ought to focus on improving at DB and CB. If they're going to add a name brand player, I want it to be an impact guy still near the apex of his game - someone like Ray Lewis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Harrison released

Bob, I could see several teams overpaying for Harrison on the basis of his past accomplishments. It happens all the time in sports. The Cardinals might want to replace Boldin with another name receiver. The 49ers, Raiders, Seahawks, Jets and other teams with money to spend could submit high bids.

I don't think Harrison will end up with a better long-term deal than what he had with Indianapolis, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with more guaranteed money by going somewhere else for a year or two than he would have received by restructuring with the Colts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Harrison released

Truly, there will be some GM who is foolish enough to sign Marvin. But we've seen this past season he's a shadow of his former self. Add to the fact that without Peyton throwing to him he may be an average WR. He was never the same after his knee injury. They need to sign some defensive players, not more WRs. I also would take Gaffney any day over him. Every time an over the hill player is released people want NE to sign him up. Harrison should retire while he still has his dignity, and not try to hold on and fade away like Jerry Rice did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Harrison released

I would be curious to meet someone outside Indianapolis or Philadelphia who thinks Marvin Harrison has dignity.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Harrison released

There are a few people in Bristol Ct. that think he's a great guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Harrison released

Are any of them ball boys?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

Harrison released

Gaffney all the way!!!

F* Marvin Harrison, his hands shall not be graced with Brady's balls. hehe

Seriously though, did Oak really release G.Wilson? He could be worth a look for SS, and 'might' not cost a ton.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Harrison released

The people in Bristol Ct. specialize in BS ( Back Slapping ).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Harrison released

interesting thoughts -

anyone who thinks Harrison was an average receiver, has a lot to learn about football. At his size, there has been no one better, ever.

Because of that, he truly is a former shell of himself. There is still some question as to what his knee problem was and what was done to heal it, and that is the ultimate taboo for teams interested. That said, someone will pick him up.

I'd love to see the pats take Harrison. It would be their worst pick up in history.

as for Vinateri, I don't think the colts paid foolish money. High dollars, yes, and it was all worth it. His presence helped us win a superbowl. by the same token, since he left the pats have not won another. perfect value.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Harrison released

Does dignity matter?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Harrison released

I guess dignity does not count for much in the Indy crowd.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Harrison released

Vinatieri doesn't play defense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Harrison released

m

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Harrison released

Tas - What is "so I guess dignity does not matter for the indy crowd?"

I asked if dignity mattered, because bub said he should retire with dignity unlike rice and mike got his dig in by suggesting that no one outside of indy and philly think harrison has any dignity.

First - I don't believe in going out on top (or as bub put it - with dignity). I think it is ridiculous and overblown. Go out when you are done. If that has you standing with a clipboard or laying courtside stretching your back instead of playing, so be it. Dignity is being true to yourself, and quitting because everyone else is worried about your legacy is hogwash. Play until the love subsides or until no one else wants you - if that is your desire.

As for Mike's comments - let me just say this:

A pats fan questioning the dignity of other teams' players is hypocrisy at its best. Every team has players and some have coaches (cough cough) who have demonstrated an enormous lack of dignity through their actions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Harrison released

Those are fighting words underdogg, dont talk about our coach unless you want to open teh flood gets for what we all have to say about Saint Dungy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Harrison released

Please, please Mr. Lurie! Give my Donavan the talented WR he always needed, and has never had since his college days, or I'll hit you up side the head with a can of Chunky Soup!!

Regards,

Ms. McNabb