1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpoojsna. Show bpoojsna's posts

has Bay hit the ball to the right

... since joining the sox.... it seems like he is pulling everything (its been working prettty well for him so far) but i was just wondering if anyone else noticed this cuz i dont even remember him hitting one to right-center

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

he's hitting around .500 to left field, with serious pop. jason's got game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpoojsna. Show bpoojsna's posts

cuz I was wondering if his swing got changed cuz of the monster in Fenway or if he has always been a pull hitter ..... and plus if he pulls everything than pitchers Might start to figure him out but i was j.w

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Holy Christ! We really are never happy. He is a great fielder who has stepped into a pressurized environment and been clutch. Please let him just be himself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

most power hitters are pull hitters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Like most power hitters, he has a pull swing. And perhaps he is really accentuating to work the Monster (which he has done well). But Bay is more than a pull hitter and will go opposite field once these AL pitchers stop giving him stuff to pull. He is a pretty complete hitter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

Bay's reputation was that he has power to ALL fields. No doubt he will show that sooner or later. But hey, even if he's gonna become a pure pull hitter at Fenway what's the problem? Makes sense to me, if they keep giving him good pitches to hit, and he keeps hitting them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 0407Champs. Show 0407Champs's posts

His home run at Fenway against the A's last Saturday was to center/right center towards the flag pole. Face it this guy can rake......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

He's being pitched in the upper, outside quadrant. He's getting on top and pulling, a sure sign he's in a grove

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

how many balls did tony c. hit to right? lame post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpoojsna. Show bpoojsna's posts

[Quote]Holy Christ! We really are never happy. He is a great fielder who has stepped into a pressurized environment and been clutch. Please let him just be himself.[/Quote]

im not complaining i was just wondering if he was changing his swing because of the monster.... im happy with bay and think he's a great hitter but i was just wondering if anyone knew what his old swing was like or if he's always pulled it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If you study his hitting chart , you will see that he hits most of his HR's and Doubles to left, but has the ability to go the opposite way for singles.

You will not see him hit many opposite field HR's , he is not Manny and never will be.

But he's younger and faster, what he can't do with the bat, he will make up for in other areas.
    Comparing him to Manny would be silly, if we had to lose Manny ( and I guess we did have to lose him) , we could have done much worse than this guy. Frankly , I loved Manny , but I could get used to this guy.

Sections
Shortcuts