1. You have chosen to ignore posts from berkshire62. Show berkshire62's posts

History says Yankees have no chance

A look back at World series winners with an eye on the strong up the middle theory spells trouble for Yankees. Adding up the ages of the catcher shortstop and center fielder, no team with a combined age over 91 wins the world series. The only anomaly to this fact I have found so far is the 2001 Diamondbacks who beat the Yankees.
    World series winners very often have ages 27-31 with 29 showing up alot.
    Winners with the average age in the low 80's or in the 70's usually repeat sometime in the next few years. Reds 75/76 Twins 87/91 Bluejays 92/93 Yankees 96/98/99/2000 72/73/74 A's.
    Yankees are in a very bad cycle and it looks like they are going to waste alot of money

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

First of all, an obvious Boston fan who like his team seems to think that they have found the inside secret to winning by managing just 2 WS rings in the last 90 years, with one time you needed another team to "choke" to get it.
    Secondly "waste of money" for the Yanks it like someone saying then spend $100 on lottery tickets to win $100,000 as a waste of money. The team is worth Billions, the YES network alone has revenue in excess of $350 million annually, all luxury box seats & adverting for the new Stadium is already sold out, like last year they will easily get over 4 million people into Yankee Stadium, should I go on. As one reported noted, even there mistakes make them money. They waste nothing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

[Quote]Another Suxx fan still hung up on the Yankess, eh?

Jealousy is a terrible thing.[/Quote]

Yeah, we all very jealous of a third place team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

[Quote]First of all, an obvious Boston fan who like his team seems to think that they have found the inside secret to winning by managing just 2 WS rings in the last 90 years, with one time you needed another team to "choke" to get it.
    Secondly "waste of money" for the Yanks it like someone saying then spend $100 on lottery tickets to win $100,000 as a waste of money. The team is worth Billions, the YES network alone has revenue in excess of $350 million annually, all luxury box seats & adverting for the new Stadium is already sold out, like last year they will easily get over 4 million people into Yankee Stadium, should I go on. As one reported noted, even there mistakes make them money. They waste nothing.[/Quote]

This thread was pretty stupid to begin. Having said that it's also funny to see a typical Yankee fan pointing out the "26 World Championships" as a rebuttal to every Red Sox/Yankees argument. "Oh yeah, well I'm taking my ball and I'm going home." LOL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

[Quote]First of all, an obvious Boston fan who like his team seems to think that they have found the inside secret to winning by managing just 2 WS rings in the last 90 years, with one time you needed another team to "choke" to get it.
    Secondly "waste of money" for the Yanks it like someone saying then spend $100 on lottery tickets to win $100,000 as a waste of money. The team is worth Billions, the YES network alone has revenue in excess of $350 million annually, all luxury box seats & adverting for the new Stadium is already sold out, like last year they will easily get over 4 million people into Yankee Stadium, should I go on. As one reported noted, even there mistakes make them money. They waste nothing.[/Quote]

Your first point makes little sense, since each new ownership group takes a different approach. The current group has won 2 championships in 6 seasons.

Then you seem to take issue with the wild card system. How are the Red Sox responsible for that?

Lastly, it's not about whether the Yankees are a profitable enterprise. It's about whether they are successful on the baseball diamond. They have not been for some time now, despite consistantly spending the most money fielding a team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from berkshire62. Show berkshire62's posts

Prove me wrong. Find a team. As far as the Yankkes being loaded is a false assumption. They are loaded with guys who used to be allstar's. History has shown that does not work. For a variety of reasons age plays a huge factor. Posada and Jeter are way over the baseball hill.
    Cashman should have signed Beltran when he had the chance and never should have trade Navarro big mistakes.
    Don't shoot the messanger

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Cashman should have signed Beltran when he had the chance

what a piece of work you are

that would make them older up the midle

so what was your original point again ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flounder1967. Show flounder1967's posts

Whats with all you suk azz Yankee fans on our site? The pathetic thing is that you really believe your going to win this year.. HA, what a joke you guys are.. How about you all get a clue or maybe some class,definitely you all need a girlfriend! Bottom line boys the Yankees will be watching the Red Sox again this year from home..See ya at the World series loosers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

are the yankees really the odds on favorite to win it all? they improved more than any other team, but they had a pretty long ways to go to even be competitive after last year. i dont see how their additions put them over the top, even regarding preseason opinions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

flounder1967 Whats with all you suk azz Yankee fans on our site?

just trying to keep it honest

man ....... it's ain't easy

a FT job and then some

HA, what a joke you guys are.. How about you all get a clue or maybe some class,definitely you all need a girlfriend! Bottom line boys the Yankees will be watching the Red Sox again this year from home..See ya at the World series loosers.

get some class ?

ok , give me yours

obviously you aren't using it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from flounder1967. Show flounder1967's posts

Keepmanny7 I was looking at the Yankee lineup a few days ago. They have some talent,but I like our odds better. And I believe the Rays will own them again this year. So It looks like 3rd place in the AL East again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from flounder1967. Show flounder1967's posts

SKIDMARKZAC28 I am sorry if I hurt your feelings little boy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

the yankees seem to me to have an explosive 3-4 combo and very little else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from flounder1967. Show flounder1967's posts

Yes we'll give them that,and a good rotation if they can stay healthy. Wow it really hurts me to say anything nice about the NYY. God bless Joe Torre!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

obviously the rotation is way better then it was. but as far as the lineup goes, im not intimidated except for the 3-4 guys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

I agree with Berkshire regarding Beltran... Remember this was 2005 and Bernie was being showed the door by the Yankees. At the time Beltran was 28 dude. And what has he done(althought very quietly I might add) with the Mets since then??

How about .280avg 29hr 108rbi 30sb AVERAGED OVER 4 YEARS!!

Oh, and lets not forget he won 3 Gold Gloves in these last 4 years also. Sounds like a pretty good 5-tool player to me... and quite an improvement over Melky Cabrera.

I personally was hoping Boston would get him to replace Johnny Damon when he left for NY after the 04 season. Beltran is the real thing, and NY or Boston would both be a better team with him in CF.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

flounder1967 .'' They have some talent,but I like our odds better.

And I believe the Rays will own them again this year. So It looks like 3rd place in the AL East again.

hello, anybody home ?

the yanks beat the rays 11-7 last yr

oh were you talking about the sox ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

[Quote]

I agree with Berkshire regarding Beltran... Remember this was 2005 and Bernie was being showed the door by the Yankees. At the time Beltran was 28 dude. And what has he done(althought very quietly I might add) with the Mets since then??

How about .280avg 29hr 108rbi 30sb AVERAGED OVER 4 YEARS!!

Oh, and lets not forget he won 3 Gold Gloves in these last 4 years also. Sounds like a pretty good 5-tool player to me... and quite an improvement over Melky Cabrera.

I personally was hoping Boston would get him to replace Johnny Damon when he left for NY after the 04 season. Beltran is the real thing, and NY or Boston would both be a better team with him in CF.

[/Quote]

I don't disagree much MustangBri-2

but that's a different conversation

his 1st post said age was our problem

up the middle

and then he said we should have gotten beltan

my only point was that would make us older up

the middle

which sounds pretty ____ to me

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

They have some talent,but I like our odds better. And I believe the Rays will own them again this year. So It looks like 3rd place in the AL East again

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

These kinds of stats are pointless. They are based on superstition and no relevant facts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

I can't wait for the Steinbrenner kids to start have fits on the back pages of the NY papers. Always entertaining when the old man did it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

The Yankees should be a very good team this year. Let's remember that despite everything last year they weren't that far behind us, albeit our team completely broke down as well. However, I still think we have the better team overall w/ our depth, provided we stay healthy. I've got a feeling that it will be between the Red Sox and Yanks this year with Tampa coming down to earth and not having absolutely everything imaginable go their way again. Go Red Sox.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from berkshire62. Show berkshire62's posts

[Quote]Cashman should have signed Beltran when he had the chance

.[/Quote] The point is that they would have had Beltran and 30 HR'S average a year, while Melky should have been in the minor's. and Navarro an allstar catcher who is 24. Cashman has not been paying attention to cycles and the Yankees are stuck. Did you read Sherman's article in the NY Post. Makes the point that Yankees don't know what to do with Jeter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from berkshire62. Show berkshire62's posts

[Quote]These kinds of stats are pointless. They are based on superstition and no relevant facts.[/Quote]