1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

Honestly, what has Theo and the FO done?

The Yankees get Burnett, CC Sabathia, and now Tiexiera. This is an absolute joke. We have a tun of money to spend right now with over 80M off the books. We got Varitek and Wake though... what a joke..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

Besides two World Series Championships? Not much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crippler228. Show crippler228's posts

Actually.......we haven't got Varitek......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

I am talking about during the off season. I have been a SOX fan for over 30 years and understand we have won 2 WS championships thanks mostly to Manny and Ortiz. We need a young new strong bat and arguably need a new starting pitcher and have got neither. This is deplorable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[Quote]funny how sox fans consider themselves the team of the decade when they have 1 more ring this decade then the yanks do[/Quote]
    Actually 2. 2000 was part of the last decade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[Quote]funny how sox fans consider themselves the team of the decade when they have 1 more ring this decade then the yanks do[/Quote]

Considering the Sox ORGANIZATION as the team of the decade is more than just 2 titles vs. 1 for New York. it is about creating a top to bottom system that develops players and competes year after year. if you are a Yankee fan and don't realize how great 2008 was for the Sox, you are not really paying attention. You can't win every year. But having players who compete. Despite injuries, it was a great year!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

I don't consider the Sox the team of the decade, but they have been very good. What's your point and what does it have to do with this thread?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andy2948. Show andy2948's posts

[Quote]a decade is 10 years...not 9

2000-2010 is 10 years

2001-2010 is 9 years

I thought Boston people were smart?[/Quote]

2000-2010 is 11 years

this decade is 2001-2010, which is 10 years

what an ironic comment lmao

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The sox put money into the farm system so that they can produce players that are under control to them for five years before becoming free agents, so lets be real its a more economical or cheaper way to operate than doing what the Yankees do. High profile free agents do not want to come here like they do to the Yankees.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

after one year on earth, there were how many years? think hard, the answer is ONE!

2000-2010= 11 years genius

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyfromBK. Show JohnnyfromBK's posts

YOu see while 10 minus zero is 10, your calculation of counting is a little off. Don't ever come back here, this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I imagine you thought 12/31/99 was the turn of the millenium as well. Take your brain and go buy those quarter bleacher seats for opening day because your dishwashing job can only afford that. What a joke.

2000-2010 is 10 years

2001-2010 is 9 years

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Theo has done a great job in not over paying for guys like the Yanks have done. The Yanks have always done this and it has gotten them no where (with out the help from the pharmacy).

True, this offseason they are over paying more than ever. Just shows how low they were and how much confidence (none) they have in their young guys that they feel the need to go out and sign every big name on the market.

But, that is the way it is when you don't know how to use ALL ASPECTS of building a team and all you know how to do is buy, buy, and then buy some more.

Heck, me wife can do that.

This signing actually makes us about even right now (assuming Papi and Lowell are healthy). Just goes to show you how low the Yankees were. They had to spend over 400 million this offseason just to become equal with the Sox.

I feel bad for their organization, and would be embarrassed to call myself a Yankee fan. A fan for a baseball team that knows very little about baseball. Just buying.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crippler228. Show crippler228's posts

Foget the stupid talk about how long a decade is, let's look at the issue, and put it to bed. OK, the Sox only have 2 Rings this decade. Does that make them the team of the decade? Maybe not. Unless rings are what we're using as our formula. Thankfully, Yanks2382 has already concluded for us that rings are what we're to use as the formula.....Let's see, 2 rings is still one more than any other team.....so in that case, I guess they are the team of the decade. Thanks Yanks2382, I couldn't have made my point without your contributions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scylla. Show scylla's posts

we're gone !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

Take the stupid decade arguement somewhere else will you. This thread is about the RS FO and Theo. Go look up the definition of decade in a dictionary for crying out loud. BTW, It is 2000-2009.

I think TEX was never interested in the RS, and as much as I hate to say it he burned us big time. I have said this many times before, there is something about him I never liked. He looks like a dick head so he will probably fit into NY just fine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyfromBK. Show JohnnyfromBK's posts

Nice try, 2000-2009 is the decade, you are just trying to cover your dumb comment.

[Quote]/sigh

The stupidity here is reaching new highs

yes 2000-2010

from beggining to end! the decade doesnt end Jan 1 2009, it ends Jan 1 2010..you morons

2010 starts the new decade!![/Quote]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox1974. Show sox1974's posts

pretty sad for yanky fans to hang around a redsox board after their attempt to buy another World Series. How pissed with Hank be when you dont win again!!!!!

9 years, 10 years it doesnt matter. You have some great pickups but your middle defense sucks!! jeter is slower, Posada is old, and whoever you play in the outfiled nees a scooter to get around. You may win 100 games in the regular season but when it comes to the playoffs you need defense in more than one position.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crippler228. Show crippler228's posts

Unfortunately, there seems to be something about the Red Sox organization that players never seem to like. I'm starting to think that Theo, Lucchino, J-Henry, and company are the real dick heads.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gready. Show Gready's posts

Giambi .247 32 96
    Tex .308 33 121
    Youk .312 29 115

You should have know Tex wasn't coming because this FO does not do 7-8 year deals. Manny signed with the old FO. It doesn't make the Yanks line up "that" much better. We have more ifs (Ellsbury, Drew's health, SS), but we're still younger with more long term upside.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

What have they done indeed....the right thing!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COSTANZA. Show COSTANZA's posts

2000-2010 is 10 years

2001-2010 is 9 years

2000 - 2010 is 11 years...

2000 = 1 year
    2001 = 1 year
    2010 = 1year. For a grand total of ... 11 years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crippler228. Show crippler228's posts

[Quote]
    Tex .308 33 121
    Youk .312 29 115
    [/Quote]
    I'm sorry, I'm getting real tired of seeing the comparisons. People are doing it with Jason Bay too. The comparisons are pointless. It's not like we were trying to trade Youk or Jason Bay for Teixeira. We were trying to add him to to Youk and Bay.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duffie33. Show Duffie33's posts

There was no year 0 so the 1st decade ever was 1-10 so for the point here this decade started on jan 1 2001 and will end dec 31 2010. The yankees have not won a single championship this century much less this decade

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sti328. Show sti328's posts

Why are people blaming FO for this? This is ultimately Tex's own decision, some where along I read that it was Tex desire to wait for an offer from NY. The only thing that I believe that the Sox has done wrong was letting the numbers gone out and Henry calling out that he is not a factor. The offer between the Sox and Yanks is $15 mil so obviously the Yanks saw that all they need to do was put out just a tad more money to sign Tex. Think about it, this is all money and all business not alot of athletes these days will take less money. Yanks all along had the strategy to not put any numbers out or show any interest in Tex. Playing for the Yanks has all the glitz and glamor and for a young guy like Tex he wants to experience that. If I wasn t a Sox fan and just some casual person I woud say that he made the right decision. Just don t go bash the FO, if they haven t done crap to make the team better then they wouldn t have won more World Series in this decade than the Yanks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dillard45. Show dillard45's posts

Daj, you are correct that Yank fans should have bags over their heads. They can't compete without their rich uncle bailing them out every season.

The Sox probably figured they could add 20-25 homers to their lineup--without paying $20 mill. --through lesser FA aquisitions. And they saved money to do long term contract extensions for Paps, Youls, Lester, etc.

The Sox will be fine.

Sections
Shortcuts