1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

How are you supporting the Sox?

The ALCS is coming back to -->-->Boston-->--> for Game 6 on Saturday night. How areyou showing your Red Sox spirit over the next two days? Tell us what youÆredoing, and if youÆve got something really creative, e-mailthe GlobeÆs photo department and they may come out to take a picture.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chowdakid. Show chowdakid's posts

hmmm how will I support the sox, I'm going to have a bloodied sock on hand for schills start!! hoping for good vibes!!!!!

:)-

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfong. Show mfong's posts

I've been trolling on these boards for a while now, but I really haven't said anything, however I do want to reply about fans waving the red socks as a counter measure against the white hankies.

The reason why I love Fenway, and the Red Sox fans is because they don't need anything to cheer on their team. At most parks there are pre-determined sounds that get the crowd into the game. For example, while watching the ALCS, Jacobs Field has that pre-recorded sound clip of a guy who wants the crowd to clap. The soft listening organ is drowned out by the enthusiasm of the crowd at Fenway. So why bring in anything to wave around? Just be glad that the Sox are coming back to Fenway and just cheer as loud as you guys can, I think that's enough.

"IT'S TRIBE TIME NOW!" *Rolls my eyes*

I just think the white hankies are a little tacky.
    Sweet Caroline />> White Hankies

What do you guys think?

~Michael Fong

PS. bah, sorry I had to edit my signature, it had my Email on there =D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johncostello. Show johncostello's posts

Please, Please, Please, for the love of God,

DO NOT START ANY OF THIS YAHOO STUFF AT FENWAY.

Go to the game and cheer, yell, and torture the Indians and any of their fans that show up..

This towel thing is the stuff of Cleveland, Arizona, Anaheim, Colorado.

NO TOWELS, NO SOCKS, NOT HERE. NO NO NO NO NO NO!

There was a great punk song in 1982. "This is Boston, Not LA." "You think the same, you look the same, you act the same....." You want to be like fans in Anaheim and respond like a robot to a monkey telling you to cheer? Do you need some guy hitting a drum in centerfield to make you get into the game like they do at the Jake? Do you really want the PA system to yell "Day-O" to make you cheer?

This is Boston Baseball. We have our traditions. Keep your towel waving, your sock waving, and your thunder sticks to yourselves. Stay away from Fenway. You want to wave some socks? Go do it in the privacy of your own home. Don't keep me from seeing a double play because you think its sooo cute to wave fabric. Heretics will be dealt with.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from warreng. Show warreng's posts

are you freakin kidding me?

No sock waving.

We have much more sophistication than those towel waving tools with their "Tribe Time Now" t-shirts.

Oh the humanity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wykydseptyr. Show wykydseptyr's posts

No props. Just be loud.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbluwsboy. Show bbbluwsboy's posts

They should have Rocky Colavito throw out the first pitch :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dei991. Show dei991's posts

Agreed! The fans here just need sweet caroline, a little dirty water

Kind of the reason I hate the fleetcenter now (TD banknorth garden now). I loved the garden it had character and the fleet center is just not a Boston style arena.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from daizy. Show daizy's posts

lkmlkj;lkj

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kstier. Show kstier's posts

My god you guys are freaking nitwits. We're going to support them the way we normally do, which is usually off the charts by most team standards. This is not Clevelend or St. Louis where towels suddenly seem as trendy and "edgy" as a damn rally monkey. Cripes, when did we need to be told how to rally 'round the team?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gwills. Show gwills's posts

Don't bring anything to wave!!! Those stupid white towels looked gay (not that there's anything wrong with being gay).

Sox fans can rock the house without stooping to ridiculous props. Keep the tradition of Fenway alive and don't sink to Clevelands low level.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from peacemow. Show peacemow's posts

If you go to the game, just wear your usual Red Sox good luck stuff--nothing to wave, please, please, please.

If you are at home, I assume you will weawr whatever you were wearing what you wore when the REd Sox won Game 5 (unwashed, of course...)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddyboy. Show buddyboy's posts

boston,

don't get caught up in this silliness. what makes boston great is our tradition and baseball knowledge. i grew up in andover but now live in cleveland and was at game 4 out here at the jake. the white towels being waved and brand new gear that everyone had just purchased 3 days ago at the indians pro shop (trying to make the country believe they are diehards) doesn't fool anyone- we are above that and don't need to prove we are "loyal fans"

go sox

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikef391. Show mikef391's posts

Please....no waving of anything. Tacky, tacky, tacky. In Boston we take our Red Sox seriuosly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcran. Show dcran's posts

ok, i admit it, i'm a yankee fan living in red sox nation, but hear me out.

as much as i don't root for the sox, i can appreciate the fact that they don't hand out any silly thunder sticks or rally towels like they do in colorado, cleveland, anaheim... the list goes on. if you noticed, they don't hand anything out at yankee stadium for any of their playoff games either (not that they had anything to cheer this year)... my point is, most of the fans around here are too smart and too old-school to stoop to the level of bringing any rally paraphanelia to fenway... isn't wally the green monster already embarrassing enough?

do the right thing and just cheer on your team like you normally would. the ditzy, no-clue, band-wagon pink hats can bring their rally socks... but the real fans don't need them.

you can wave your socks at city hall after you win these next two games and spank the rockies (that's right, a yankee fan conceding the world series to you guys already, but how can you have any confidence in the indians at fenway, and the rockies are already in off-season mode).

also, i will be cheering on the red sox like i normally do when they play on saturdays -- by watching college football.

peace,
    dannyc

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotchandwater. Show scotchandwater's posts

Well said my friend. My question about the pathetic "It's Tribe TIme Now" slogan is what phrase came in second place?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfong. Show mfong's posts

I was just on the Boston.com website, and they have "Bring Red Socks!" on the front page in the sports tab. I'm not going to the game, because I'm in school in Michigan, but please don't let anybody bring in anything to wave around, yell at them and/or make fun of people who are bringing in their red socks.

Then they have another tactic to "urge" everyone to wear red. Oh god, please don't. *Rolls Eyes* The next thing you'll hear in the off season (Let's hope it's not soon) "Fenway has just received some brand new sound effects for next year"

Please don't turn Fenway to some tacky ball park, like the others out there.

~Michael Fong

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotchandwater. Show scotchandwater's posts

If you like that crap at a baseball game, I suggest you move to Anaheim. At an Angel game, baseball falls low on the list of importance behind t-shirt cannons, jumbotron contests, a monkey, pre-fab noisemakers and sushi. Perhaps you SHOULD get a pink hat. Hey, "it might actually be fun".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulipoo. Show paulipoo's posts

I agree. Waving crap is for amateurs. Like the lightweights that get sh*tfaced on New Years Eve. Keep it pure. That's what's great about Sox fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from willron. Show willron's posts

Wear normal Red Sox clothing- tee shirts, sweat shirts etc. and stop with these classless ideas. Waving a sock!!! How bush can you get. I would hope we have more class than that. We should just act like we usually do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox1079. Show redsox1079's posts

i'm going to echo everyone else - PLEASE NO RED SOCKS!!!! I couldn't get over how lame the Indians fans were with their white flags (ummm surrender??), "it's tribe time now", etc. ugh sickening. please please just use your voices and hands!!! sweet caroline, tessie cheering chanting and so on, if you are lucky enough to go tonight (or have enough $$$) then please for the love of god dont bring red socks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from russellmannjohnson. Show russellmannjohnson's posts

I agree with the earlier comments. Fenway park is a genuine baseball experience. No one tells the crowd when and how to support the team. No tricks, no technology , just traditional manic Sox fans. I dont like our mascot and would be similarly disappointed if we all conform to instructions as to how we should behave, and what we should wear .

Russ

Go Sox

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

"We don't need no stinkin' rally towles, we are the Boston Red Sox." Larry Luccino

Please don't wave red sox, that is so lame.

When I go to Camden Yards they have to post messages that say 'make some noise.' Even at Yankee Stadium they have a message board that tells them when to cheer.

We don't need gimics or messages we are the Boston Red Sox.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman. Show tman's posts

I agree with everyone who says NO FAN PROPS!!! NO RED SOCKS!! NO THUNDER STICKS!!! NO TOWELS!!!! We do not need to copy Tribe fans.

PLEASE NO PROPS!!!!! PLEASE NO PROPS!!