1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

How do we beat the Cardinals?

I'm extremely concerned with this game. Hopefully the weather will be freezing on Sunday and the team from the desert will pack it in before kickoff but I doubt that will happen.

The Cardinals have a very prolific offense with stud WR's that create a total mismatch against our DB's.

Last week against the Vikings Arizona passed the ball on nearly every down, but Warner's average was only 6.0 yards and he was sacked 4 times. I think the only way to beat them is to be in Warner's face all day!

I'm afraid Peese will run another conservative "bend but dont break defense" and give Warner all day to pick our defense apart. I think we have to change things up and live with the consequences. We need to blitz Warner into submission! They hardly run the ball so we need to pin our ears back and get in his face to disrupt their passing attack.

With all our injuries we don't necessarily have the personnel to do this effectively but I know if we play a passive defense we are toast! Our DB's will be exploited by Fitzgerald and Boldin.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

For one the forcast in Foxboro on Sunday is 27 and snow. I think the Pats offense can go out and smack the Cardinals defense with both a ground and pass attack. Keep the Cardinals O off the field and put pressure on Warner. He'll throw a couple to our defensive backs we just have to be ready to catch them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

By scoring more points than them?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[Quote] Delux:

How do the Pats beat the Cardinals??!! How about by stepping onto the field??!!

Are you seriously worried about the Cards? If the Pats can beat them, then they have no business being in the playoffs.[/Quote]

TEXAS: I don't think this is the same Cardinal team we are used to from years past. They're not bad. Your telling me your not concerned with their offense against our defense?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[Quote]Stop the run, and don't give up any big plays to Fitz or Boldin. If it's going to be snowy and/or cold it will come down to who runs the ball better, and who stops the run.[/Quote]

Ricky: problem is the Cardinals hardly run the ball! They have two outstanding WR's that are a total mismatch against our DB's. Hobbs VS Fitzgerald = disaster!

The question is, do we play the usual Dan Peese defense with no rush whatsoever -or- do we pin our ears back and crush Warner as much as possible with hopes the ball doesn't get into the hands of Ftiz and Boldin?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from damiged. Show damiged's posts

Even if you do manage to shut down Boldin and Fitzgerald, the Cards run game is not at all bad. Tim Hightower has been quite good for them, and until last week's game, their offensive line has given Warner plenty of time to let the plays develop and created holes for the run. Unfortunately, I think the Vikings game was an anomaly and the Cardinals are a very good match for the Pats this weekend.

The weather will indeed be a factor, but it is going to take more than that to help the Pats defense shut down this offense. Boldin and Fitzgerald are just explosive (imagine them on a big market team - yowza!) and you can never count out Kurt Warner - he's God's QB!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

also, the tandem of Morris-Jordan will keep Warner off the field. they're healthier now---big difference.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Texas: I wish I could have the same confidence you have. In my opinion, the Cards match up very competetively against the Pats. I think it's going to be a shootout!

I think we need to lay the lumber on Warner and keep him from being comfy in the pocket!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Belicheck knows how to beat Kurt Warner, he is the prototype QB belicheck likes to face and we will pick them apart. The Cards have not won on the East coast very offton and they are indeed a dome team and this game will not be played in some puss puss dome it will be in the cold weather of NE. If we can come up with a almost perfect game plan for the Colts then we can do the same with the Cards, we will play off to stop the big play and we will try and keep their offense on the field. Look for Colvin to get in his face a bit and maybe show some people he can still do it. Their D cant stop us and we will pass for 400 yards if we have to but we wont cause now that we have Jordan and Morris healthy our RB duo is a pound it in your face kind of duo and we can run the ball on anyone once they get going.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

The cards are 8-6 in a crappy division, There D has given up more points then the pats. Pats are at home.

This is a easy game for the pats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The Cardinals also don't play very well on the road. They are 3-4 away, with the 3 wins being at St. Louis, SF, and Seattle (teams with a combined 10-32 record). Another thing, the team is mostly inexperienced as far as playoff runs go. They seem to have lost some intensity since they clinched their division. And as good as Warner may be at times, if rattled he turns into a pick machine. The weather could also be a factor, if it is snowy and/or windy. In any case, they need to win somehow to have a prayer at the postseason. And like Texas Pat stated, if the Patriots cannot beat AZ at home, they will never be able to win in Pittsburgh, Tennessee, or Denver.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The key will be the weather conditions in foxboro, hopefully it will cold and windy. Snowfall would also be much appreciated. If this game was in Arizona then I would be very worried about the Pats chances. The Cardinals from what I've seen live and die with the Pass, and aren't a major defensive team. So if they can't score, I don't see them stopping the Pats on the ground.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Texas: C'mon man! That's crazy talk! A win is a win! Should we be gearing up for next year because we squeaked past the Seahawks?

The Cardinals are a playoff team with an exceptional offense going against our banged up defense!

If we can have another ice storm on Sunday along with an outstanding ground game that keeps Warner, Fitzgerald, etc off the field, I'll feel better.

I'm excited for the game. Season is almost over. I need to indulge myself with a rack of delicately smoked ribs and a ton of beers!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Great secondary play! Great secondary play! Great secondary play!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

While weather can be an ally to outdoor teams in northern climes this time of year, it's not a very reliable ally. I agree with Tex, the Cardinals blow donut holes and what I want to see is the Pats control the ball and win by playing the way they play. Do not expect some exotic blitzing defense to magically appear in week 16. I watched Minnesota take this team apart like a j.v. high school team by controlling the game at the line of scrimmage. They pressured Warner effectively, which the Pats probably cannot do, and ran the ball well, which the Pats can. It's going to be annoying to watch -- the Pats will score with long, sustained drives (remember the Colts game) and the Cards will try to counter with lightning strikes. If the Pats are where I think they are, they should spank Arizona like a naughty child.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

INTO the GROUND!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

you have a point there rat, maybe Koppen can sit for teh week and heal that elbow of his and Leon can step up and play center for the day i mean he did go to a D1 college and start and he did get drafted #1 overall and he did win 29 super bowls and he was the first guy to be put into the hall of fame before he even retired and he was the president of the free world so i am sure he can handle one sunday of football with the Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts