1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

How many wins for Pats?

On Thursday's edition of Globe 10.0, Bob Ryan and Chris Gasper debated how many wins the Patriots would rack up this season. Gasper predicted 13, Ryan predicted 12.

How many wins do you predict for the Patriots this season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvergean. Show tvergean's posts

How many wins for Pats?

14 wins is not out the realm and at longshot, they could challenge the 72 Dolphins but their schedule is tough. When you compare the Patriots schedule to other teams, Patriots have the harder schedule. So what they get, they will have EARNED. Compare the Super Bowl Colts schedule to the Patriots, Pats are harder!! Get them battle tested for the playoffs, thank you Commishioner Godell! Combined with that really hard and sour tasting loss in Indy. The one game that got away at the end, and to the arch rival will motivate the Patriots. You are left with the feeling that 16 wins, plus 2 playoffs wins, and culminating in the Super Bowl win = 19 wins!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amdsoxfan. Show amdsoxfan's posts

How many wins for Pats?

If they had Asante Samuel and a 95-100% Rodney Harrison, I'd say they could win 15-16 games. Right now, their secondary is a question-mark. It could be very strong or it could show some gaps.

I say they win 14 games. Offense will carry them but in the tight-games against top-passing offenses, they could be beaten.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrudd. Show jrudd's posts

How many wins for Pats?

I love all the optimism, but I am more of a realist. This is a tough schedule. I say we go 11-5 with possibly 2 divisional losses, maybe 1 to the Jets and the proverbial, unexplanable collapse against the Phins. Then, there's Indy, hate to say it, but even if Asante plays, we haven't been able to stop the big play via the pass in years. Throw in 1 loss in the series with the NFC East, although we should be them all, and there you have 4 losses. Other tough games are Cincy, Pittsburgh, and the Ravens. Then, there's going to be that game that comes down to some BS, a botched snap, fumble, turnover, or bad call by an official. I think we go 12-4, but my brain says 11-5. Sure we made some good pick-ups in the offseason, but who all are we going to lose to injury this year? Go Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tfindian. Show tfindian's posts

How many wins for Pats?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

How many wins for Pats?

What are you nuts, they could win 8 without Brady

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xavyre. Show xavyre's posts

How many wins for Pats?

14-2 regular season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from barber12. Show barber12's posts

How many wins for Pats?

I am going with a 18-1 record with the one loss to the giants at the end of the season to let the starters rest

such a response should ban you from ever speaking again about the patriots. Have you seen this schedule and the quality of opponents on it. There are 8 ligitimate playoff teams with the jets included. Last time I checked the patriots always are in tight games to the end and whose to say that this team will not at some point endure some of the key injuries to their veterans like prior years.

The pats will be 12-4 buttom line, first in the afc east and they will be one of the leading candidates of perhaps three teams to make it to the super bowl. alongside the chargers and broncos.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chinoloco99. Show chinoloco99's posts

How many wins for Pats?

Looking at the schedule, I think its more intimidating on paper then in reality.

Here are some key points to remember:

1. The san diego game is the 2nd game of the year. The coaching staff is completely re-vamped. Hard to tell if the Chargers will be comfortable enough with a new offense and a new defense. Great player do negate the effect of a coaching change, but Wade is in Dallas now and Cam is in Miami. That gives the pats a little more of an edge that early in the season.

2. We are not in Miami in September, which usually wears out a team because of the heat and humidity. Although no one on the team will admit to it, I am sure playing Miami in September is like playin 1.5 games, so I think that will help.

3. Tarik Glenn just retired from the Colts. Manning's weakside protection from all these years are gone. While his replacement might do just fine, sometimes it takes time for a O-Line to jell. However, although its not a major hit, it is a hit and time will tell how they overcome the loss.

4. Pittsburg got a new coach and they really struggled last year. It really depends on which Rothlisberger shows up. I am not so sure if he is back from all his injuries both mental and physical.

Trouble spots: SD, Miami x2, Jets x2, Indy, Philly, Baltimore. I think we go 5-3 in those games, losing to NYJ, Miami and Philly and ending up 13-3. Who knows. It will be a good year regardless. Time for the boys to play ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from richpats. Show richpats's posts

How many wins for Pats?

12 or 13, depending on the outcome of the Colts game. Too close to call at this point. I do hope that Indy's lack of depth on D comes back to haunt them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcardz. Show rcardz's posts

How many wins for Pats?

Deleted - old

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan228. Show redsoxfan228's posts

How many wins for Pats?

Cassell > Eli Manning

19-0, baby!

The better question is...Which team will we beat by the least amount of points?

I say the Jets at the meadowlands. The team will just be getting used to playing with eachother and the Jets are an okay team. We'll only beat them by 14 with the game in-hand for all 60 minutes -- Everyone else we will slaughter. Can't wait to shut the Chargers and Colts up with a bunch of Randy Moss deep balls!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from depotdick. Show depotdick's posts

How many wins for Pats?

I agree with Starboardian. 13 wins..I believe that they will lose 1 to Jets..Ravens and Bengals. The sleeper here is the Dolphins, But no doubt on the the Super bowl!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan228. Show redsoxfan228's posts

How many wins for Pats?

Theres no way they lose to the bengals or ravens. The Bengals have no defense. The patriots will have a field day against them just like last year. The Ravens have no offense and will not be able to keep up with Brady, Moss, Maroney, and Co.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chinoloco99. Show chinoloco99's posts

How many wins for Pats?

Here is the only thing I hate about Strength of Schedule based on last year's results.

1. Usually there is a turnover from year to year of at least 4 to 6 of the playoff teams. That makes it hard to predict how many games the Pats actually have against Playoff Teams. Dallas, Giants, Jets, Ravens, Steelers are all bubble playoff teams. Injuries, chemistry, and other teams improving really makes it impossible to predict strength of schedule.

2. The brutality of the Schedule is based on teams that made the playoffs last year and also last years records. how many teams have the same records from year to year?

3. Offseason Changes. This is the hardest part to tell. Dallas looks tough now since it was in the playoffs last year. What if the team doesn't respond to Wade Philips? What if T.O. does his usual crap and rips apart the team? How about Philly? They made the playoffs last year with Jeff Garcia. How do we know McNabb is healthy or even if he is McNabb? Baltimore, Are we going to see the tough Steve McNair or does his time finally come and he is no longer the player that he was. Did the Jets sneak up on everyone last year or are they for real? Did Cowher mail it in last year (I think he did) or is this a team on the decline? How Desparate will the Giants be at the end of the year or does Tiki Barber's retirement and Eli's inability to put everything together finaly sink Coughlin. I don't think we can really determine how tough the schedule is until we start playing the games. I really don't like comparing to last year, well, because it was last year.

4. What looks like a tough schedule now could be even tougher later or a creampuff schedule. Also, like some very famous coaches have said before, its not who you play, its when you play them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2301317. Show user_2301317's posts

How many wins for Pats?

12 -0 -4

Just to beat the other guy with 3 ties and go undefeated

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbradleyphish. Show mbradleyphish's posts

How many wins for Pats?

I don't think the Pats will lose til 2011, and when they do, it will be to the Raiders. Just because

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from grrenoil76. Show grrenoil76's posts

How many wins for Pats?

13-0-3 but we're 8-0 at the 1/2 way mark

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mendozline. Show mendozline's posts

How many wins for Pats?

This may be accurate if Brady goes down. 9-7 in regular season, Brady comes back and the Pats win 3 playoff games. With the loaded O-line the Pats have, this just won't happen.

Your Chargers have no coach. They need more then talent to win in the NFL.

Pats go 15-1, then sweep through the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbreg7. Show rbreg7's posts

How many wins for Pats?

As much as I would love to say this team could go undefeated.. It's just not probable.

I know that going game-by-game isn't very smart, considering how much teams change, but I will because it's more fun.

@ NY Jets = W (1-0)
    vs. San Diego = W (2-0)
    vs. Buffalo = W (3-0)
    @ Cincinnati = W (4-0)
    vs. Cleveland = W (5-0)
    @ Dallas = W (6-0)
    @ Miami = W (7-0)
    vs. Washington = W (8-0)
    @ Indianapolis = W (9-0)
    @ Buffalo = W (10-0)
    vs. Philadelphia = W (11-0)
    @ Baltimore = L (11-1)