1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

How much does this feel like 2004?

The Red Sox just completed their second ALCS comeback in the last four years to reach the World Series. How excited are you about this team?! Does this feel like 2004 all over again?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from iviomxo. Show iviomxo's posts

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
    This team is awesome! Bring on the Rockies.
    I have been listening to Dirty Water and Sweet Caroline all morning.
    GO SOX!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketeer. Show rocketeer's posts

It's always great to see the Sox get into the WS. However, nothing will ever top winning four in a row when down 3-0 over the hated Evil Empire in 2004. Beating the Indians the way the Sox did is special, but sticking it to the Yanks and their fans was much more satisfying.

Bring on the Rockies.

rocketeer928

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bumblebeemoi. Show bumblebeemoi's posts

WORLD SERIES WEATHER REPORT:

SOX WIN AT NIGHT;

THE NATION DELIGHTS!

INDIANS IN MOURNING:

ROCKIES TAKE WARNING!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arima286. Show arima286's posts

Awesome!!! Nothing will ever beat the fact that we beat the Yanks in the ALCS in '04, but this is still great. I'm sure the Indians will find perfect use for those white towels when they're crying all the way back to Cleveland!! =)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from northeastern1. Show northeastern1's posts

Not the same as beating the yankees in 04 after being down by by three games and the sox not winning one in 86 years, but still great to see the sox come back from 1-3. The streets of boston were going crazy, I could hear people cheering and cars beeping outside till 4 in da morning!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Please......Beating the Indians is better than beating the Yankees? Down 3 to 0? Give me a break.

Besides, whoever plays the Rockies is going to lose.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from amisoxornot. Show amisoxornot's posts

It's tribes tee times now

or

It's crying time now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedshep26. Show tedshep26's posts

Beating the Indians after being down 3-1 feels amazing.

But nothing feels better than being down 3-0 to the yankees and then winning 4 in a row on the way to the team's first world series title in 86 years. That was the greatest comeback in sports history at the hands of the evil empire. Nothing beats that!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emcee414. Show emcee414's posts

I agree with you and the other people that said a similar thing. It's not as sweet as beating the Yankees and watching them and their fans suffer the embarrassment (along with breaking the "curse"), but it's still pretty awesome, so I'll take it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

thank God! stay strong

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from spearchamp. Show spearchamp's posts

Great question - even being down 3-1 this time around, for some reason I still felt good about our chances. 2004 was definitely more emotionally intense, because it was the Yankees and the 1918 baggage was still in the air, but this year may turn out to be more satisfying if the Sox march on and win the Series, as we won't be considered "one-hit wonders." Looking forward to a great Series with the Rockies. It's not going to be a cakewalk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slack. Show Slack's posts

Yes, 2004 was and will always be sweeter because as a long suffering Sox fan, I watched '67 (Well, listened mostly because at my school they played the day games on the school intercom. We had a really cool principal.), '75 and '86. The heartbreak, the heartbreak. So '04 was like, "Ahhhhhh, my iron lung is working again."

I was actually rooting for the Yanks to take Cleveland because I thought the Yanks would be easier to beat. We'll never know, and of course, the rivalry factor would have come into play and some people/teams play way above themselves in those circumstances. We have one of the oldest high school football rivalries in the state. They play every Thanksgiving Day and it makes no difference if one team is 10-0 and the other is 0-10, you NEVER know what is going to happen in that game.

Colorado or bust.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chowdakid. Show chowdakid's posts

Sorry I like to think it reminds me of 2004... but this team is nothing like the 04 team....

the 04 team had a much more complete offense, better hitting... they didn't hit into 100 doubleplays in a series... or strike out that much... advantage 04 team

Pitching: well starting pitching the edge goes to the 04 team by a large margin then the bullpens: well that is probably a push........

I think the offense will have to play much better in the series than they did in the alcs especially on the road!! you can't always count on a timely GS from drew.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from montana. Show montana's posts

2004 will always be sweeter. We clawed our way to the wild card, came back from a historic 0-3 deficit. We also had a lot of unknowns, we knew David Ortiz had potential but all those walk- off wins?! Would Curt be able to stand, never mind pitch?

2007: We were in first place all season so NOT winning wouldhave been a surprise. The Red Sox were considered the best team this season, frontrunners all the way through, therefore logic says they'll win it all even if things got heavy. It was all unknown in 04, now we know there'll be a parade, duckboats - - whoa I'm getting ahead of myself here :)

Unlike 2004 I had no problem getting multiple newspapers or buying souvie tshirts & caps. In 2004 by 8am there wasn't a newspaper around.

If the Pats keep it up, we may have another dynasty year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from montana. Show montana's posts

Cosmo has a point, Colorado has 2 things in it's favor-- used to playing in ice cold weather (they got 6 inches of snow yesterday) and the altitude. Folks who live in high altitudes have it much easier at sea level and will have an advantage when in CO.

Red Sox should try to get out to CO early and allow themselves a good few days to adjust to the altitude before practicing. High altitudes = less atmospheric oxygen. Tires you out faster.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncool926. Show uncool926's posts

Nothing could ever top the feeling of the ALCS in 2004. I mean, even people in Davis Square were excited. There were caravans of honking cars and tons of people acting up.

Last night I went down after the game had ended and played "Tessie" on my harmonica for an audience of approximately 20 people, most of whom seemed oblivious to what was going on. A lone car honked its horn.

I hung around for a little while until the Square was empty, played a quick chorus for the patrons at Johnny D's and then I went back home...

PS Thanks to the guy who gave me the dollar!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from northeastern1. Show northeastern1's posts

Very true I myself was calling for Tito to put in Ellsbury for Drew and bat him leadoff, but Tito kept Drew in there which worked out in the end (similar to bellhorn in 04. Now he looks like a genius for believing in the players. Also for leaving pedro and youk 1 and 2 and they really stepped up their game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from robbosox. Show robbosox's posts

Leon...Yeah the Yanks owned the Sox this year...The Sox won the division and beat the team that knocked you out...The Sox are AL CHAMPS!!! wow, u guys really showed us....Go Bosox!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from monkey1. Show monkey1's posts

What the Red Sox did in 2004 was not just better than what they just accomplished against the Indians, it was the greatest accomplishment in the history of American sports. Period. And this is coming from someone who was not even a Red Sox fan until 2003, when Aaron F-in Boone felled the Sox and I got just a taste of what it was like to live and die by the Sox. So, since I am not a real Red Sox fan, that should put things in perspective (converted Orioles fan: never ever thought I'd root for the Boston Red Sox and left the Orioles not because the Orioles suck--I stopped rooting for them in 1997 when they last fielded a good team--but because Peter Angelos has sucked the life out of them; if Cal Ripken buys the team I'll go back). Nothing the Red Sox do from here on in will ever come close to what they did against the Yankees in 2004.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from alaskanjody. Show alaskanjody's posts

Nothing felt as good as 2004.....coming from behind and beating the dreaded Yankees, then the WS after waiting for 86 long years. But this is sweet, too...and just as satisfying. Seeing them do it again makes you realize it just wasn't a fluke and that BoSox are contenders!!
    Go Sox!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lpapalia. Show lpapalia's posts

I don't get the 2004 feeling at all. What happened in 2004 was the most magical, intense wonderful moment of my life as a Boston sports fan. It was truely something of a miracle. But the incredulousness has worn off. The sox are where they are right now not because of any outrageous fortune, but because they are a great team with strengths in all areas and a bunch of guys who bust their humps everyday. That is a winning combination. We are the best team in the league and if we continue to play like it, there will be no stopping us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from peskypole. Show peskypole's posts

This is definitely sweet, but not like it was in 2004 IMO. In '04, we were up against nearly impossible odds, and it was our first w.s. appearance in 18 years. For 2007, it's only been three years since our last appearance. Though I will say that it will making it to the w.s. will always be special, just as long as we don't become complacent (sp?) about winning like yankee fans have.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from peskypole. Show peskypole's posts

Careful what you wish for.

Bring on the overpriced Red Sox !!

So turkrock, how many days have you been a Rockies fan?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1663367. Show user_1663367's posts

This is not 2004, so it should not feel like it. Back then, we were erasing an 86 year curse. This year is sweet in itself, and will also add to a growing RED SOX legend of comebacks (especially if we take the Series). The question from boston.com is also somehwhat unfair to the 2007 team, as it is obviously going to feel differently than '04 if only by virtue that "the curse was reversed."

New dynasty for the 21st century, baby! Go SOX!

Sections
Shortcuts