1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from policejlp. Show policejlp's posts

How much Wakefield can we take?

dzia, well said!!!� Not to mention the subpar line-up he has behind him on the days he pitches.� Furthermore, he is often working with very �little run support� He was a 17-game winner last year, and I believe 15 the year before.� If anyone should be going to AAA-Pawtucket it should be Clay!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbenner40. Show mbenner40's posts

Ask the Red Sox bullpen how much Wakefield they could take and the response will be "not enough".� The bullpen has been abused during the winning streak and Wakefield's pitched 8 innings.� Not to mention the fact that if the Red Sox wouldn't have left on so many runners on base�he could have potentially picked up the win.� Five earned runs is a little high, but that's being picky when he pitches 8 innings and is at the bottom of the starting rotation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

You can put an "L" on the lost colum everytime he pirches,,,guarantee,,,

Note to self -- don't give Red Sox fans 8 solid innings of work.� They don't appreciate it.

Hope you bought insurance on that guarantee, as you paid out 17 times last year.� Could get expensive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

He's a 4th or 5th starter, not an ace.

Dzia, appreciate your support but you are selling him short.

• 180+ innings every year
    • League average ERA+ (after park adjustment)
    • A 63-52 record from 2003-2007
    He's a solid #3 starter, and I challenge anybody who suggests otherwise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greaser8981. Show greaser8981's posts

I'll take 8 innings pitched and a W!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from swhiting. Show swhiting's posts

I do believe that Tim Wakefield is one of the most important pitchers on the roster. Eats up innings. (let's see, through 8 today he has given up 5 runs, but he is ahead.) Always willing to do what is needed. A complete change from the power pitchers. And let's see. Oh yes. He has helped the Red Sox win 2 World Championships. It takes all kinds to be successful. I want him to pitch until he is 50 if he wants.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

You can put an "L" on the lost colum everytime he pirches,,,guarantee,,,

Just like today, eh?�

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cogtc777. Show cogtc777's posts

swhiting,Great points, most never recognize the importance of someone who can start, relieve and even in desperateness close.� This guy is like the guy who sits in a bubble and waits for foul air to enter and cry, im gonna die!!!!!!!!!!� Don't forget, when someone gets hurt or does sub par as we've had validated, his numbers always bring up the back end.� Lets call him a 3/4 who can do everything else.� Unconventional pitchers are hard to find and good unconventional pitchers are even harder to find�Go Wake!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbenner40. Show mbenner40's posts

I have to reply to myself and say, "Quit posting in the top of the 8th about a loss!"My bad, Wakefield did hold them to 5 earned, the Red Sox did quit leaving men on base, and he DID get the win.� I think it's safe to say we can't get enough Wakefield.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Wakefield on the season: 2-0

That makes four starts, four guarantees.� I want my money!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cogtc777. Show cogtc777's posts

Hey kuckklaz

Where are ya!

Bring it back to us, little stats !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Seems to me they were still in the game in the bottom of the eighth. :-)

The AL averages more than five runs per game.� I'm not saying that it is a GREAT performance, but that's going to win as often as not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sand1990. Show sand1990's posts

Hi Rick,�What is the status of Bartolo Colon????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

The correct question is�� why are you so damn stupid???????????????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Four months is a long time in the life of a young pitcher.� Lester just achieved the highest strike% of any game in his career, and while he got hit hard early he settled down and worked through six.� Too early to proclaim "PROGRESS", but I thought he showed us something yesterday.� He's not so far from being a solid #3 starter, he just needs to take it one game at a time.

As for Buchholz, he fought some poor defense in his first start and the world's worst ump in his third start.� Hard to face the Yankees at any time.� Shall we give him three more, see what he can do against the weak sisters of the league?

Too early to talk playoff rosters, but I think we'll be fine by the All-Star Break.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

DoLt.

There's one "L".

WakefieLd.

There's another.� ;-)

Wonder if this is what the original poster meant?� He certainly wasn't talking about Wakefield's pitching!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjodon7. Show kjodon7's posts

I'll give kukiclaz the benefit of the doubt and assume he's a misguided Red Sox fan and not a troll (and believe me, that requires a leap of faith).....even so, it's unfortunate how many of us don't realize how lucky we are to have a guy like Wake taking the ball every fifth day....I'm not sure what it will take for him to get the recognition he deserves for all he's done for this team over the years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dr-with-a-k. Show dr-with-a-k's posts

Late last night I was working with an elderly patient in the hospital and all she wanted to do was bad-mouth Wakefield leading up to his Sunday start. "I just don't like him, he walks too many people, and he doesn't win very often," blah blah blah. Just like our friend here who guaranteed a loss when Wake pitches. (Ummm, what team was this chucklehead watching last year?!)

AND THEN the ageless Mr. Wakefield goes 8 innings, NO walks, and picks up the come-from-behind W! Beautiful. Stay and pitch that floater as long as you can, Timmy -- people who can't appreciate what you bring to the table obviously know nothing about baseball.