1. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

http://browniepoints.mlblogs.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LowellConnection. Show LowellConnection's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

Thanks for bringing this to light silversteinsox, great article, and especially the second paragraph about Mikey Lowell. I think it was a terrible thing to have done to him, had it happened, but he was still hurt by it. I don't blame him if he never talks to Theo again. Teixeria talked to Tito about just that same subject. He was worried about Mikey, and I respect him for that, and that is one reason he didn't come to Boston. How good does it look for a team who re-signs a player, who took less years and money, went out and played hurt for longer than we all knew, and was ready to be the throw out. Not only is he known as the throwin any longer, but also maybe the throwout. It makes me sick that Theo would do that to the classiest guys in the game. And Ian agreed with that too. I just hope they don't try to trade him again. He has worked very hard in rehabbing to come back as good if not better than he was, and almost wasn't even given the chance to prove himself, that's just wrong in my opinion. I just don't understand what Theo has against him. He has been trying to trade him since he became GM again, don't understand his problem at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AKADahGimpstah3. Show AKADahGimpstah3's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

Been trying to trade him since he became GM again? Are you ignorant?

WHILE he was away, the deal was made. When Theo returns, 2006 and 2007 pass, he's great in '07, wins the WS MVP, and they reward him with a 3 year contract.

Who signed him? The guy you're saying has been trying to trade him.

They were NOT trying to acquire Teixeira through some slighting of Mike Lowell. They were trying to set up the future past the next two seasons. Lowell would've been a casualty of that search.

This backlash is over a hypothetical situation that didn't happen. Yet another bizarre reason to pepper Theo with ignorant criticism and "He'll nevah talk to him again!!" kindergarten-level opinions.

Mike Lowell is a professional being paid 12 million dollars a season to play a child's game. The fact that some of you are feeling SORRY for him is naive and childlike. Good god.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

[Quote]Thanks for bringing this to light silversteinsox, great article, and especially the second paragraph about Mikey Lowell. I think it was a terrible thing to have done to him, had it happened, but he was still hurt by it. I don't blame him if he never talks to Theo again. Teixeria talked to Tito about just that same subject. He was worried about Mikey, and I respect him for that, and that is one reason he didn't come to Boston. How good does it look for a team who re-signs a player, who took less years and money, went out and played hurt for longer than we all knew, and was ready to be the throw out. Not only is he known as the throwin any longer, but also maybe the throwout. It makes me sick that Theo would do that to the classiest guys in the game. And Ian agreed with that too. I just hope they don't try to trade him again. He has worked very hard in rehabbing to come back as good if not better than he was, and almost wasn't even given the chance to prove himself, that's just wrong in my opinion. I just don't understand what Theo has against him. He has been trying to trade him since he became GM again, don't understand his problem at all.[/Quote]

What chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jastaleyfromms. Show jastaleyfromms's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

[Quote]Been trying to trade him since he became GM again? Are you ignorant?

WHILE he was away, the deal was made. When Theo returns, 2006 and 2007 pass, he's great in '07, wins the WS MVP, and they reward him with a 3 year contract.

Who signed him? The guy you're saying has been trying to trade him.

They were NOT trying to acquire Teixeira through some slighting of Mike Lowell. They were trying to set up the future past the next two seasons. Lowell would've been a casualty of that search.

This backlash is over a hypothetical situation that didn't happen. Yet another bizarre reason to pepper Theo with ignorant criticism and "He'll nevah talk to him again!!" kindergarten-level opinions.

Mike Lowell is a professional being paid 12 million dollars a season to play a child's game. The fact that some of you are feeling SORRY for him is naive and childlike. Good god.[/Quote]

Ya know i was about to say the same thing its pretty hard to complain when your getting 12 mil a season playing a game he is set for life

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

But there was NOTHING in Ian Browne's entire blog that mentioned Mike Lowell being thrown out (or anything like that) by Theo!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LowellConnection. Show LowellConnection's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

[Quote]But there was NOTHING in Ian Browne's entire blog that mentioned Mike Lowell being thrown out (or anything like that) by Theo!!!!![/Quote]All along, I couldn't get into the whole Teixeira move mainly because I thought it was a terrible thing to do to Mike Lowell, one of the classiest and most professional Red Sox players I've ever come across.

Ok, what is that supposed to mean? Everyone knew that Mikey was going to be the odd man out, and even thought it was wrong. That is his quote from his article if you took the time to read it. And yes, Theo has been trying to trade Mikey since he became GM again. Once to Baltimore, then doesn't everybody remember the Helton trade talk? Come on people, open up your minds. Why sign him for 3 yrs, when they knew Tex was going to be available. Mikey wanted a signing where he would stay and be stable, buy a new house etc. He's working his butt off trying to come back from surgery, and Theo was trying to trade him? A player who loves playing here, took less years and money to stay. Well, Youkilis just did the same thing, let's see what you all say if he starts getting thrown around in trade talks or Pedroia after both taking good deals to stay with the club they love. So, what's the difference? Sorry, but you people don't make any sense. At least Ian Browne and a lot of other fans do. The fans who wanted Mikey to stay understand it, the one's who turned their backs on him after calling for his re-signing, don't. When he has a great year this season, don't you people dare stand and cheer for him, since you wanted him gone for Tex. Boston fans can be such traitors at times!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AKADahGimpstah3. Show AKADahGimpstah3's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

What's the difference between offering Pedroia and Youkilis in imaginary trades and POSSIBLY trading Mike Lowell IF they signed a young star???

Only that you're not obsessed to the point of lashing out in numerous directions over them....

Mike Lowell being moved because they got 7 years younger at a position of need (28 year old power, middle-of-order bat) is not a reason to lash out at Theo, the entire front office decision-making, and lastly EVERY FAN. Traitors??? The f##king signing/trading NEVER HAPPENED!! You blatently lie and say that "Theo was trying to trade him" when he wasn't. Well that's a great way to base an argument. You also complain about him being offered (possibly, considering rumors are just that...rumors) in trades BEFORE he was re-signed for 3 years, then manage to ramble as if he offered him in a trade AFTER he was re-signed, which is a lie. Another wonderful point by you.

You're bitching about how people feel....AND doing it in a hypothetical situation that didn't happen. You're obviously looking for an excuse to be pathetic, and found it.

You're a screeching housewife with a Lowell fetish, that managed to read something in an article that had NOTHING to do with him, then ranted and lashed out at EVERYONE because of your little crush.

Seriously, get a life.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

[Quote]All along, I couldn't get into the whole Teixeira move mainly because I thought it was a terrible thing to do to Mike Lowell, one of the classiest and most professional Red Sox players I've ever come across.

Ok, what is that supposed to mean? Everyone knew that Mikey was going to be the odd man out, and even thought it was wrong. That is his quote from his article if you took the time to read it. And yes, Theo has been trying to trade Mikey since he became GM again. Once to Baltimore, then doesn't everybody remember the Helton trade talk? Come on people, open up your minds. Why sign him for 3 yrs, when they knew Tex was going to be available. Mikey wanted a signing where he would stay and be stable, buy a new house etc. He's working his butt off trying to come back from surgery, and Theo was trying to trade him? A player who loves playing here, took less years and money to stay. Well, Youkilis just did the same thing, let's see what you all say if he starts getting thrown around in trade talks or Pedroia after both taking good deals to stay with the club they love. So, what's the difference? Sorry, but you people don't make any sense. At least Ian Browne and a lot of other fans do. The fans who wanted Mikey to stay understand it, the one's who turned their backs on him after calling for his re-signing, don't. When he has a great year this season, don't you people dare stand and cheer for him, since you wanted him gone for Tex. Boston fans can be such traitors at times![/Quote]

First off, that line is in the second paragraph of the fifth blog entry. You stated that it was "great article, especially the second paragraph..." The first blog is about Rice getting into the hall. The next is about the surplus of bullpen arms, if I remember correctly. I had to read quite a bit down into the blog to read anything about Lowell. And then?

All it says is about how I felt. I could never quite get into the whole Teixeira must sign here at all costs, as the Red Sox need to fill the big hole in the lineup that Manny's departure left (as hyped by Massarotti, primarily, and Globe writers in general). Not only did it not make sense to possibly make Mike Lowell the odd man out, especially after his WS MVP turn in 2007 and his decent year (despite great pain) in 2008. But, it was also quite disrespectful of Jason Bay and his contributions in Manny's absence (when the Sox actually played quite a bit better).

No mention of Lowell being thrown out, or never speaking to Theo again, or anything like that from Browne.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcoIslandFla. Show MarcoIslandFla's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

Good thread Silverstein, keep bringing on the interesting threads. Thanks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

Ditto, nice blog.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LowellConnection. Show LowellConnection's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

AKADUMPSTAH, you get a f***ing life. First of all, I'm a guy. Secondly you have a love affair going with Theo? I mean seriously, you have no clue as to what's going on around you. Why don't you look things up before opening your big pie hole. Theo has been trying to trade Mike Lowell since getting out of his gorilla suit. Wow, what a guy to look up to. One who takes off in a gorilla suit, lmao. For some reason Theo doesn't like him, guess he may be jealous for some reason. He knows how old Mike is, knew he was going to be a year older this year and next, so you're explanation of getting younger infielders doesn't make sense either. We also need veterans, the yougins just won't do it. We won the 2007 WS because of Mike Lowell and would have won last year also, had he not been hurt. Get your head out of your a$$, and get Theo out of your mind for a few and think before typing. You are an idiot, and you need to get a life. But, sorry Theo is already taken. Hopefully by a heartless, money grubbing woman too, that's about all he deserves. Now move on with your life, and enough replying to me, when it's going to do absolutely NO good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AKADahGimpstah3. Show AKADahGimpstah3's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

Wow. As I said, you're a LOWELL BALLWASHER with a screw loose. Not ONCE did I say anything about Epstein except the FACTS that he hasn't been "trying to deal him since he came back". That is a LIE. You have no proof, so you lash out in a pathetic little homophobic, bizarre rant.

As usual, when confronted with facts, people like you have NO response but to say "Nu-uh idiot!".

You saying "He's been trying to trade him since 2005" when the SAME PERSON signed him to a 3 yr, 36 million dollar deal to return...

is borderline retarded.

So carry on ranting about a non-issue. You fit right in on this board with the rest of the non-fans.

"You're all traitors!! You don't dare root for Lowell!!"

Then you say I HAVE a crush on a guy? Holy f##k man look in the mirror.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

I'll try to keep this blog coming here every week.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LowellConnection. Show LowellConnection's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

Adam Dunn - ARZ

According to the Washington Post, free agent outfielder Adam Dunn's asking price is four years and $56 million.
    The Nationals are the one team that has targeted Dunn all along, but they're not willing to go that high. He's reportedly been telling teams he won't move to first base, so that would rule out the Red Sox even if they could find a taker for Mike Lowell. Dunn is a bargain at anything less than $10 million per year, but he can thank Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi's infamous radio rant for the lack of league-wide interest.
    Source: Washington Post Jan. 19 -

I just wanted to add this to my arguement on Theo trying to trade Mike Lowell. This was on Rotoworld on the DirtDog site today. So, if you can read correctly, it states that if they can find another first baseman that they will pay for, they will try to trade Mike Lowell. Still don't believe me? Hey, I don't want to argue or get people upset, but I do my research, and just state what I find. I just hope they at least give him a chance to prove himself, he deserves at least that much after working so hard on his rehab. And hopefully he proves everybody wrong in saying that he will never be the same after the surgery. They should be more worried about Ortiz, good article to read in the Herald today, which can also be found on the DirtDog site.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Ian Browne Blog latest

LOL ... Got to love it !! First Off Mike Lowell is a Professional's, Professional !! I believe he completly understands the Game and Business of Baseball, as does Theo Epstein, unlike ( Seemingly ) Jason Varitek !! Mike Lowell Signed his Contract with the Sox because he felt, for whatever reason, it was in "HIS" best interest to do so and Theo negotiated the Contract with Mike Lowell because, for all reasons associated with contracts ( Trades, Long term stability, Clubhouse Leadership, etc. ) it was in the Sox best interest to do so as well. Theo's Job is to try and improve the Team each Season, Mike Lowell's Job is to play the best he can for whatever team he's on. This is not Rocket Science !! I'm quite sure Mike Lowell, when signing the Contract, knew all to well that someday he may be traded, just like all Players that sign contracts that don't have a "no trade" claus in them.

Having said all that, I can easily see where Mikey would understand the bidding on Tex to get his cost to the Yankmes Up !! I can also see the whole trip to Dallas thing stinking to high Heaven with desperation that Mikey may feel the Sox would do anything, including swallowing their dignity, to move him because The Sox may feel Mikey will no longer be an essential member of the team !! Talking Trades is one thing, Flying down to Texas to smooch an Over Priced Free Agent's Butt, especially one that had no intention of ever playing for you, when you have a more then capable player already on the team, is quite another !! That is why Owners should really stay out of the Signing Players Business, less we be like the Yankmes and render the GM job useless !! Now apologize to Mikey for appearing so desperate and Move on !!

GO SOX !! AMERICA'S TEAM OF THE NEW MILLENIUM !!

Sections
Shortcuts