1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeathcliffSlocumb. Show HeathcliffSlocumb's posts

If I hear Garret Atkins name...

Please do not use any of the following terms in refering to Garret Atkins: "power hitter", "big bat", "replacement for Mike Lowell", etc.

1) Statistics for last 3 seasons combined:

Coors Field: .946 OPS

Everywhere Else: .790 OPS

2) Of the 86 position players with 225 road at-bats in the National Leauge in 2008, there were only 4 players with a worse road OPS than Garret Atkins.

3) From 2006 to 2007, his overall OPS fell .112 and from 2007 to 2007 his overall OPS fell .073 for a grand total of a .185 drop in OPS in the past 2 seasons. Horrible....sraight horrible.

4) In 40 postseason at-bats, Garret Atkins has a .175 BA and an OPS of .608.

5) His career fielding percentage at 3B is .955. There is a reason he played 61 games at 1B last year.

So what exactly does Garret Atkins bring to the table over what we already have at the corner in-field positions in Mike Lowell and KevinTony Youkilis? Is he supposed to magically improve by being traded to the American Leauge? Can anyone tell me? Tony Massarotti?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Lowell, Lugo, Buchholz, Crisp, Kottaras, Lowrie

For

Atkins, Helton, Iannetta, Tulo, Tavarez

This deal saves Colorado 27 million dollars...

They are currently trying to deal Atkins for a #2-3 starter so Atkins-Buch is even talent wise (Lugo makes $ even)

Crisp is an upgrade over Tavarez in CF

Lowell/Helton are both good hitting vets coming of surgery, both are ? marks, same age, etc so that is even

So the question remains is the downgrade from young possible stars Ianneta/Tulo to young serviceable starters Kottaras/Lowrie worth 27 million in financial flexibility??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

wow, that is some trade rameakap... prob would never happen.

Sections
Shortcuts