1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I'll Say it Again...No more Drew Bashing Ever

As you all know, I have been supporting the guy while many of you have bashed him to no end. It is time for you to all admit that the guy is a big time player. He has stepped up in all the huge moments since he came to Boston. If you still want to hate on him, your bashing will fall on deaf ears from this moment forward. If you want to go toe to toe in regards to Drew and his worth, BRING IT!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Hiya Jim!

I'm stunned myself. And you're spot on

The HR came immediately (and I mean immediately) following Caray's remark about Drew's "...Mantle like power".

He's healthy. Where are the bashers?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BatmanJWO. Show BatmanJWO's posts

People bashed him because he's on the books for $11M. Well, so is Tek, but Tek has been given a pass.

As I just said in a previous post, JD has always been a good player. It's the DL trips that have made his numbers appear average. For example, 19 HRs this year. Well, that was half a year. Double his numbers and he's in the MVP talk.

On a different note, my co-workers keep bashing the Manny trade. (I live in Denver.) I told them that I loved the deal. Jason Bay has done everything that anyone could have asked for and more. He's hit in the playoffs. People look at Ortiz's numbers since Manny left. Well, Manny is already looking for a new job and the Red Sox are still playing for another night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from earwig46. Show earwig46's posts

JD Drew might be the most boring human being on the planet... I can't recall a player who can come up so big on a walkoff hit and still interview with a disposition like he's in a public library. But he is some kind of a clutch hitter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Yeah, he certainly doesn't light up a room. Bat did the talking tonight.

batman, I thought there was no way the Sox could make the PS without Manny. Bay's numbers are so similar right now in the ps to Manny's...unreal. I'm hoping he's not a one season wonder with this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

For the past 2 years, I have been called Drew's agent, his cousin, etc. The bashers just think about the money. For me, he is worth every penny. He won't get to the Hall of Fame as injuries have depressed his numbers. But, the guy has huge cojones and gets big hit after big hit. I respect a guy who raises his game in the biggest moments.

Take a look at his college career. He was all world. Injuries aside, he has given everything to the Sox. If he can find a way to keep the back problem in check, his stats in 2009 will be devastating.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

Jim,
    I always thought he is what he is, a solid 280-285 hitter with 20 home run power a very good RF and a 380 OBP . . . . .the guy can slow it down and hit when it counts!

Trouble is people say $55 Million, but that is a good players salary in MLB, I mean Lugo got $9 Million. Drew looks like a building 19 contract compared to Lugo! Sheffield is making $15 million all things considered it was not a bad signing.

Give him Props the guy can hit!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I have not bashed JD. (I was not happy with his performance last year, though.) However, he's had a great year in '08; got hurt; remained clutch...just not as consistently great as he was for most of the year. Personally, I thought the injury he had would do him in. So, the fact that he's contributing at this level speaks volumes.

However, I've been disappointed in the performance of others.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Now would be a good time for the offense to start to click. I've been quietly critical of a couple players; next two games will speak volumes about this team.

You all remember when Pedey started to go on his ridiculous tear about two months ago? The thing was, his offense bred it in others. I think that just woke up again tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gary135r. Show Gary135r's posts

how can you leave a playoff game that early? like it was a June game against Kansas City.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

[Quote]how can you leave a playoff game that early? like it was a June game against Kansas City.[/Quote]

I stayed for all nine Tuesday . . . . .but honestly in the 7th inning over 3 games the score was 29 - 5 . . . . .hope was dwindling big time. Plus alot of non fans go to these games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

Papi is clearly having issues, but someone said 2007 was a bad year for him, I guess 335 with 1000 OPS and 35 home runs are a bad year . . . . .
    he was off all year but was huge tonight and right now that is all that counts!

Papi is a unique man who has done unique things for 5 years! What a stroke of luck they got with him in 2003.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gary135r. Show Gary135r's posts

[Quote]

I stayed for all nine Tuesday . . . . .but honestly in the 7th inning over 3 games the score was 29 - 5 . . . . .hope was dwindling big time. Plus alot of non fans go to these games.[/Quote]
    I understand, this was the bleakest point in all the amazing red sox comebacks. they never cease to amaze.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreamer007. Show dreamer007's posts

[Quote]JD Drew might be the most boring human being on the planet... I can't recall a player who can come up so big on a walkoff hit and still interview with a disposition like he's in a public library. But he is some kind of a clutch hitter.[/Quote]

oh shut up
    he lets his bat and defense do the talking
    CLUTCH

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vic5014. Show vic5014's posts

I'm totally with you. I thought he was getting paid way too much, but he started the comeback last year and hopefully he just did the same this year. Either way, I will never, ever criticize him or the money he makes again. I mean, A-Rod is making obscene amounts of dough, but he hasn't done squat in October recently. Who's more valuable when it really counts?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

GM JD, Soups and Dreamer..another Houdini job..LOL!!!..Congrats guys...good things happen when you hang in there...all those it's over posters should show up today and take their lumps(it's what HONEST fans do)...i gotta give him credit..with as much trashing as i've seen him take on this and the old board that was a great, great AB by Crisp to get it to Ortiz, and he finally delivered...imo just a matter of time..even with the wrist problems you can't relax against Ortiz...also a couple of great AB's by Drew...i felt bad for Daisuke(guess he was due for a clunker)....anyway the Sox got it back to Tampa..gotta keep the pressure on hopefully the postseason Beckett will show up...have a good w/e guys..good luck tomorrow..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

i'll drink to that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Either the bashers are still in bed or JD Drew has turned the corner. Let's hope so. His personal life has settled down, he has adjusted to Boston and his back problem is under control. I'll take this kind of post season production at the cost of 40 regular season games anytime.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

There were and are only two legitimate gripes about Drew--his injury history and his salary. He gets $14M a year, which is more than anyone else but the recently departed Manny. And he is unlikely to play 150 games, let alone the 162 games Cal Ripken played season after season after season (in fact, he had a heckuva consecutive inning streak for several years). This all came to a head last year, his first with the Sox, which was below average until the playoffs, when he played well. This year was good except for the injuries.

Except for the injuries, he is a very good all around player--good in the field, good arm, good OPS (one of the five best in the AL), and good power. But only average on the basepaths. Now, it appears, he is great at one thing--clutch hitting--and maybe one basis for that is that he works hard at staying composed, "relaxed," when he goes to bat in key moments. I'm thinking that the right word should be focused--he says he is just looking for a pitch he can drive, and apparently he can push everything else out of his mind.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

JD's southern molasses-and-chaw calm are what critics have mistaken for aloofness or lack of heart. But it is those qualities, much like Manny's aloofness, that make him poised and calm under pressure. The guy is money.

As for his fragility, guy needs to take up some yoga. If his weak and inflexible back would allow him to play a full season, JD has MVP written all over him. He carried the club when he was healthy this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

That is my point. He can push everything else out of his mind. But why does bashing have to be one of the things he has to push aside. The poster on this board regularly MADE FUN of him, they didn't offer constructive criticism. To me, beginning with the grand slam in 2007, he has been remarkable in the face of such negativity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from roberr48. Show roberr48's posts

Drew is Clutch....Period! last year's grand slam to turn the series momentum our way, All star game homer, which is the reason the American league will have World Series home field advantage, winning homer off of the MLB saves leader in California...............Then 2 times last night......

Take note..... to the idiot on CSNE "Sports Tonight"...not Dickerson and Tanguay...the other expert (?), as he keeps bashing Drew, becasue he didn't play when his back was killing him..........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikegosox. Show Mikegosox's posts

Drew is definitely clutch but didn't he look hurting during the interview after the game? I think the pile on tweaked his back but I hope not!! Go Sox!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Personally, I was disappointed in Drew last year. So, was he! Once he got off to the fast start in '08, I realised that the Sox go their man. Once again, I'm miffed that he's been able to come back from his injury and contribute at all. This undeniably makes him a Dirt Dog.