1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

Is it time to trade Manny?

Just a thought! Is it time for Theo and the gang to trade Manny Ramirez? His stock is dying fast with his latest slump where he can't even catch up to an average major league fastball. However, he still could be attractive to another team who needs a power bat and feels he could still help them in that department if and when he breaks out of this slump. Who knows, maybe we could get a prospect or two and some reliever help for him in return. The question is though would another team be willing to take him on and pick up his two option years at 20 million apiece if they do trade and sign. Another speed bump in the process is that Manny has veto power over any trade as he has 10-5 rights.

My inclination though thinks that he might be tired of Boston and might want to be elsewhere where he could revive and refocus his talents with the bat. Therefore, making any trade to a team like the Angels or the Rockies may be  a tempting offer that he may not be able to refuse. Sure, we would be breaking up a dynamic duo of Ortiz and Manny but Manny hasn't been pulling his load the last couple of years. I mean seriously, where would the team have been last year  if Mike Lowell didn't play out of his mind last year while Manny was nursing yet another injury. In addition, look at this year and J.D. Drew picking up the slack while Manny is in a very bad slump and Ortiz is out with the wrist injury.

My fantasy hope is that we could get Matt Holliday in exchange for Manny and a prospect or two. Holliday is younger, has power, can play better defense than Manny and is a team leader.

Anyways, what do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Because of Manny's status, he is protected by No-Trade provisions and also, would the 2 One year Options after this season be applicable?  Manny might well agree to a trade, but it would have to be a sign and trade which his Agent, Scott Boras, is smart enough to know would be huge bargaining chip for Manny and is likely to be exploited so that it would delay indefinately any trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

good luck finding any team that would want him with his 20 million dollar salary.
    however, i would love to see him gone.
    let's just hope he's adios by next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boemerson. Show boemerson's posts

I love how people give up on Manny so easily.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

[Quote]I love how people give up on Manny so easily.[/Quote]

Exactly. Two months ago Manny was on a tear, and everyone loved him again. Now he's hit a bad patch and the so-called 'faithful' are screaming for his head.

It's a long season folks, and it's only mid-way through. Manny will inevitably regain his form, Papi will return, and all will be well again for the stretch run. Relax. Try to breathe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

YEAH SURE, AND GAS PRICES WILL RETURN TO $1.00 A GALLON; LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chick92. Show chick92's posts

He at least has to swing the bat

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3007291. Show user_3007291's posts

As I said on other posts, we ride out this season with Manny, hope he gets hot and then cut him loose. Not personal, just business. Between injuries, age and decreased bat speed, he will not be worth what Boras will be asking. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3007291. Show user_3007291's posts

As I said on other posts, we ride out this season with Manny, hope he gets hot and then cut him loose. Not personal, just business. Between injuries, age and decreased bat speed, he will not be worth what Boras will be asking. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

[Quote]I love how people give up on Manny so easily.[/Quote]

and I love how Manny gave up and quit on the Sox a couple years ago after the Yankee 5 game sweep. Remember, he claimed to be hurt with a "sore knee" while others like Youk, Loretta, Trot, Tek, and others were playing with multiple small injuries. Yet, Manny was walking around the clubhouse and laughing it up during that time. All the while, driving Francona and the staff crazy because they didn't know from day to day if he was healthy enough to play. In short, Manny pulled a snow job on the team the rest of that season and he hasn't been the same since.

Get it right!! Manny gave up on his teammates and we the fans long before we the fans ever gave up on him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Manny's numbers have been down for a season and a half now.  The reason people are giving up on him is that he has very few redeeming qualities other than being able to hit a baseball.  He doesn't hustle, has his own set of rules, and isn't accountable to anyone except himself.  If he isn't knocking in 120+ runs, there's no reason to keep him and his $20mil salary around.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boemerson. Show boemerson's posts

[Quote]

and I love how Manny gave up and quit on the Sox a couple years ago after the Yankee 5 game sweep. Remember, he claimed to be hurt with a "sore knee" while others like Youk, Loretta, Trot, Tek, and others were playing with multiple small injuries. Yet, Manny was walking around the clubhouse and laughing it up during that time. All the while, driving Francona and the staff crazy because they didn't know from day to day if he was healthy enough to play. In short, Manny pulled a snow job on the team the rest of that season and he hasn't been the same since.

Get it right!! Manny gave up on his teammates and we the fans long before we the fans ever gave up on him.

[/Quote]

Even better, I love how people just decide Manny is faking an injury.

You are just regurgitating what the press has told you. They decided he was faking and started planting that seed. Why? Does the media know that Manny was any more, or any less injured than say David Ortiz or Curt Schilling? No, they have no idea. They just decided Manny wasn’t. Simple as that.

"Walking around the clubhouse and laughing it up during the time"

Are you kidding me?!?! I didn't realize people with injuries aren't allowed to smile. You know, I have a crippling disease; apparently I should just frown all day and be miserable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1931488. Show user_1931488's posts

Is it time?  Its been time for 5 years.  Hello!!!

Sections
Shortcuts