1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Is the Thrill Gone - Mazz

Well, I don't know about the 'boring Sox' factor, but I'm think its not so much "the thrill is gone", but "the till is empty"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

why are you reading tony massarotti in the first place?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

It is much easier to write an interesting article about Manny misbehaving or being colorful - than it is to write about players working hard and not being "colorful" - until the games start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe we need Millar back.... "Cowboy up!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I guess there is a certain amount of truth to the column. Like it or not, ARod taking steroids gets bigger headlines than Papi being healthy. I assume we'll sell out, but the good news about all our players being healthy will depress ratings, while ARod cheating will increase ratings.

As historically bad as Isiah Thomas was with the NYK, almost to the point of being the worst GM in the entire history of the world, sports and non-sports, the raqtings for the NYKs actually increased. Even for me, finding out what kind of stupidity guys like ARod and Thomas are into is fascinating.

I guess it's the price we pay for our success.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Hey, they can bore me all the way to the WS for all I care. I follow the games, not the in between games.

Massarotti should move to a NY paper. Plenty of non-boring between games stuff to write about. Never boring in the Big Apple!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I am loving boring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

VERY INTERESTING HERE !!! HOWEVER, THE WORLD IS DIFFERENT THIS YEAR .......... IT'S LIKE WE HAVE TO WALK, BEFORE WE RUN ! BASEBALL MAY BE IN FOR ALOT OF PAIN & SHAME THIS YEAR. TIME WILL TELL , " SOOOONER, RATHER THAN LATER" !!!!! GO SOX 2009 !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

I am sure that's it JeffBagwell. You are oh so intelligent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Controversy is much easier to cover. Writing a compelling story about a team of hard-workers who go about their business without a daily infusion of drama requires actual journalistic skills, which anyone who has ever read Massaroti knows he does not possess.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I think the fans are simply responding to the half assed, disinterested way the current ownership group has treated this off season. Instead of adding the 1-2 Mercedes we needed to complete our fleet, they bought 7 Ford Pinto's at a yard sale and are trying to pass it off as good faced effort. They think the fans are too stupid to know better, and in some cases they are apparently correct.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirby1fl. Show kirby1fl's posts

I hope we don't start taking this for granted because compared to the first 40+ years of being a sox fan these last 6-8 have been great . remember the braves teams had it happen , the fans got to the point where they waited for the play offs before the big crowds came out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[Quote]I think the fans are simply responding to the half assed, disinterested way the current ownership group has treated this off season. Instead of adding the 1-2 Mercedes we needed to complete our fleet, they bought 7 Ford Pinto's at a yard sale and are trying to pass it off as good faced effort. They think the fans are too stupid to know better, and in some cases they are apparently correct. [/Quote]

OK, Teakus...When your Pintos are helping the TEAM win this year, I hope you won't be cheering. Nice hyperbole with the pinto/garage sale reference...by the way, it's "good faith effort".

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeseman. Show cheeseman's posts

[Quote]why are you reading tony massarotti in the first place?[/Quote]

I have to agree with this. I made the mistake once again thinking Tony Massaroti would write something that didn't make me upset with myself for reading it, and just bummed out in general.

I even commented on the article, I am a true moron.

That being said......a team without Manny or Pedro makes me a little sad. They were true characters for better or worse. Im not used to the David Ortiz solo experience.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

HAHAHA Great Teakus picture!! Loved it. Its spring training and theres nothing to report, so Mazz writes a fluff piece to fill some space. Few other good articles including GAmmons, Edes, and a few others.

Sox look stacked to me. I like their chances.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

"by the way, it's "good faith effort"." Rofl! Not that the pics weren't entertaining, but seeing my "good faced effort" massacre of the English language almost made me fall off my chair. I swear guys...English really is my 1st language! I must have been half asleep on that one.

But why wouldn't I be cheering if the "pinto's are helping the team win this year"? Wouldn't winning games be a good thing?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Penney feels 100% report

http://www.courant.com/sports/baseball/redsox/hc-redsox0224.artfeb24,0,2360708.story

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

"At the moment, it just makes them challenging to talk about."

This comment says it all. Controversy writes it's own story. To cover a non controversial team takes some with the ability to actually do some in depth reporting and investigation.
    Anyone could have written about anything Manny the past 5 years but it takes a JOURNALIST to come up with interesting stories when there is no controversy.
    His own statement says he is a lazy journalist / reporter. His column proves it.

Sections
Shortcuts