1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

is there a concern for Bradys Recovery?

I know brady has said his recovery is going well,but has also said there has been some down days.peyton has had a lessor injury,and it infected his game play through most of his season.toms training coach has concerns.I know everything is hush-hush when it comes to these kinds of issues with the pats.cassels interveiw on nfl network was kind of hush-hush.i didnt like how jamie dukes ragged on him.and texas pat made a good point that cassel could sign a cap freindly contract.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Jamie Dukes?

Why would you pay the least bit of attention to anything that uninformed douchebag has to say?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

No way to know until training camp starts. You know how the Pats are as far as injuries go, mum's the word.

If Brady is slow out of the gate, hopefully Cassel can hepl him out.

Frankly, I'm more interested in knowing how the Pats plan to beef up the defense. They cost the Pats more games this last season than losing Brady did, IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I thought Cassel's interveiw said alot about him as a person. While dukes keep on with the poor me no playoffs poor me no starts in college and tell the Pats I want to be the starter or I'll sit routine. Matt seem to not share the perspective. As for dukes he's as big a hater as marshall faulk

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Brady's injury, from a QB standpoint, is less career threatening than Manning's was.

Brady's tendons make his lose some flexbility, but the career threatening potential is getting popped the same way again.

Manning's injury has the potential to be degenerative -- he has worn a brace since college, and has had bursa problems before.

If Manning's knee keeps breaking down he could end up bone on bone, which ends a career.

The bottom line is that Tom's only poses problems if he gets smashed again, Manning's could get worse on its own.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Jamie Dukes is still mad about teh tuck rule. I actually started feeling really up beat about the whole Brady situation lately and i think he will be back and make a full recovery next season. I dont know why i feel so optamistic about it but i really do think everything will work out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

What really puzzles me is.that matt is willing to continue to be bradys back-up.at least this is what the media outlets are saying.im thinking why?IF brady is healthy.sure it would be great to have a solid back-up[maybe he takes a good discount,but at the same time it would hurt the pats possibilties of getting a great trade if brady is healthy by the beginning of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

As New England fans, haven't we gotten used to all the negative publicity our favorite team always gets? We all know the entire opposing fan base eats this sh*t up. The Pats are always mum on injuries, why change that now? If the rest of the league really believes TB won't be 100% next season, let 'em think it. We are going to see Cassell franchised as a precaution(wink wink) if TBcan't come back in time for opening day, but Cass will ultimately wind up starting for a needy team OUT OF CONFERENCE!!! Maybe, maybe not, this must drive the rest of the league crazy......I love it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Brady's health is always a concern (even when he has that mysterious shoulder ailment...will he have 25 pass attempts or 45 pass attempts.....no one knows.....). Seriously though, any movement the Pats make with Cassel could be contingent on the health of Brady (eg: poor health= Pats sign tender, good health= Pats screw the rest of the league by trading Cassel to a contender and then drafting the best OLB in the 09 draft....eat it, rest of the NFL). I expect the Pats to be mum on the Brady health front. "I thought I saw him walking last week" is about the most you'll get out of Belichick. I do think Brady will make a full recovery. I just don't what the timeline is at this point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

you better be

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Good one Kyle / After all
    (it is what it is)
    (You saw what we saw) and
    (I'll have to look at the tape)
    Being the (theroy people) we're made out to be here. Maybe Matt said more than we thought he did. He did seem sincere about being a back up. Maybe he was saying Brady's not going to be ready Day 1. BB and Tom stuck up for him long before anyone knew what he would become. Maybe the true Matt C. feels he owes them something and he could give a little back seeing the spot there in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I don't know about him feeling he "owes" them a year of being underpaid. This is a business, and both sides know that. I'm sure he's grateful to BB and Brady for coaching him up putting him in this position. I've read that he and Tom are pretty good friends. But this is his shot at getting big guaranteed dollars. Sometimes the first chance is the only one you get. So while $14 million is a nice payout, he most likely hopes for something more permanent. I'm not saying he'd hold out, but I'm sure he's wishing Tom the best so he can cash in and lead a team himself. I think either the Vikings or 49ers would be ideal situations for him. Although both need some help at WR, they have a lot of pieces in place. So though I'm sure he'll remain on friendly terms with the team, he probably wants the security elsewhere. What security you can have in the NFL, anyway!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

ohyes,

I heard that opionion from Tony Kornheiser (who is an idiot about most things) yesterday. He seemed to think that because Belichick stuck with him and gave him enough rope to hang himself (or not) when his chance came that Cassel might not break the Pats' balls as much as he could in free agency. Let's not forget that Baelichick cancelled visits by Tim Rattay and Chris Simms (I believe) when Brady went down to give Cassel a vote of confidence when it seemed obvious (to Bill) that Cassel was the best option. Of course, Wilbon countered with the notion that NFL careers are short and that "you got to get paid" (what is it with these guys?) when you get the chance. Personally, I can't see a scenario where both Cassel and Brady are on the team next year, unless Cassel is willing to take A LOT less than he could get via free agency or forcing the Pats to franchise him. I just don't see the front office hamstringing itself with an unmanageable cap hit for two players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wow, talk about a lot of angst over something that really won't be an issue until training camp!!

First... have we yet to hear anything other than encouraging words from Brady regarding his injury? The team has been rather quiet, but, why is there this entitlement mentality among some fans here that we "DESERVE" to get news?

Second... all the doom and gloom news we get come from fans and media about Brady has nothing to do but to create controversy. It may be wishful thinking on the part of fans who do not want to see Brady return because of the impact it may have on the team and its playoffs chances.

Third... the Pats are in an enviable position either way. Cassel has proved he can be the "next" Pats QB who could lead them to the SB. With that one year as a starter under his belt, the Pats are that much better for it. How many other teams can afford to lose their #1 QB and feel they can still be in the hunt?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Most of this is posturing anyhow.

If NE or Brady comes out and says Brady will be in camp, or he wills start the preseason, or he will make the first game, they sacrifice all of their leverage with Cassel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I dont know about loseing any leverage.if teams know that brady is healthy.then they know cassel is available,and they will make there offers.cassel gets franchised there is not much he can do.sure he can refuse to sign it,but i dont see him doing that.but if he did.he still wont be going anywhere else until its all approved.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Two reasons:

Cassel would have a legitimate beef to take the the union. Although winning it isn't guaranteed.

And other teams would be likely to call NE's bluff, because if Brady is healthy NE doesn't want to carry $28 million against the cap on two player who can not play at the same time. Although this isn't for sure either because they would likely keep him before they cut him. I think guaranteed salary accelerates while bonuses can be spaced out.