1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Jake Peavy...

Well, I hope tonight's performance puts to rest all the trade rumors as far as him coming to the Sox !! Brutal !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Jake Peavy...

Living flaw with the WBC and not Peavy ?? Are you telling me Francona would have pulled Peavy earlier ?? Peavy gave up 4 runs before people were seating in the seats. No way any manager pulls a starter that early in the game giving up "only" 4 !! I've seen many of them let starters get lit up for about 6-8 before they get yanked. Why is it that Peavy's outing was a ST outing and Vasquez looked to be in World Series Form ?? Bottom Line is if Peavy can be obtained on the cheap maybe, MAYBE, then but this guy really don't show me he has the makeup of a AL East type pitcher. The guy's career ERA is like 3.90 playing in a pitcher friendly park, in a hitting challenged division, and costs way to much money for the Sox's appetitie !1

GO SOX 2009 !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffh102082. Show jeffh102082's posts

Jake Peavy...

We may need him actually. Wakefield looks close to being done by the way his spring has gone and personally I am ready to see him off the roster unless he's a reliever. Penny who I am hoping works out and wins maybe fifteen games this season with a reasonable era isn't going to last a full season from the reports already coming out of spring training. Then there's Smoltz who I think will ultimately be a reliever. He will probably becoming the 8th inning guy. It would be amazing if he went the whole year as a starter. So after seeing the possible problems with the three mentioned I would think a deal for Jake Peavy who is a very good young pitcher would be greatly needed. Then toss in Buchholz who seems to be pitching well in the spring training and it's time to see if he can be a starter, If not Justin Masterson could fill in perfectly well too.

Beckett
    Peavy
    Matsuzaka
    Lester
    Buchholz

I would feel pretty good with our top 4 being the best in the league

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffh102082. Show jeffh102082's posts

Jake Peavy...

We may need him actually. Wakefield looks close to being done by the way his spring has gone and personally I am ready to see him off the roster unless he's a reliever. Penny who I am hoping works out and wins maybe fifteen games this season with a reasonable era isn't going to last a full season from the reports already coming out of spring training. Then there's Smoltz who I think will ultimately be a reliever. He will probably becoming the 8th inning guy. It would be amazing if he went the whole year as a starter. So after seeing the possible problems with the three mentioned I would think a deal for Jake Peavy who is a very good young pitcher would be greatly needed. Then toss in Buchholz who seems to be pitching well in the spring training and it's time to see if he can be a starter, If not Justin Masterson could fill in perfectly well too.

Beckett
    Peavy
    Matsuzaka
    Lester
    Buchholz

I would feel pretty good with our top 4 being the best in the league

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Jake Peavy...

I've always liked Wakefield but I never liked the problem he presents with the catching situation and part of the problem the Sox are faced with today, at the Catcher Position, stems directly from the fact that Wakefield has always needed his own Catcher and unfortunately very few, if any, of them could ever hit !! I see little downside with moving Masterson or Buckholtz into Wake's position as it will allow greater flexibility to obtain a Catcher that ain't handcuffed into having to Catch the Knuckleballer. However, Tek should be converted to that position anyway !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Jake Peavy...

Peavy is a much better pitcher than you give him credit for and he would help our rotation in a huge way. You can't pitch well every day, try putting Peavy on a team like the Sox where he knows there will be offensive support 95% of the time before you pass judgement.

The guy goes out on the mound in SD knowing he has to be close to perfect in order to win. That alone puts much more pressure on a pitcher. I think Jake could not only handle the pressure in Boston, but also win as many games as any of our starters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Jake Peavy...

Peavy is a good pitcher, his numbers are inflated a bit by his pitcher-friendly home park. He has put up very poor performances in his 3 playoff appearances.

The biggest problem is to acquire him the Sox would probably have to part with some combination of 2 premier prospects, and take on a contract that guarantees Peavy $63 million over the next 4 years. That's too much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Jake Peavy...

Hey Hf,

When you think about it 15.7 mil isn't that bad for quality pitcher. Peavy could use a change, I'm sure it's hard to sustain any kind of confidence level when you come to the mound each inning with very little offensive support.

I would love to see him on a better team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeyama99. Show joeyama99's posts

Jake Peavy...

I agee with Gator's assessment. If it requires top respects to get Peavy, then I would say no thanks (And that's what it will require) Not a big game pitcher. Remember he wants to stay in the NL, and it's obvious why--a deep lineup is too much of a challenge, he's not up to. He's also had some injury problems. And when people say it's only spring training, as Gator pointed out, Vazquez looked in top form and Dice K today was great. Peavy could help a team, but not worth the cost in my opinion. If Wakefield can't do it anymore, then give Buccholtz or Bowden the 5th starter's job.