1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

Jan 22, 2009: Globe Writer Says "Bring Manny Back"

YOU WOULD HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF SEEING GOD THAN YOU WOULD SEEING MANNY IN A SOX UNIFORM AGAIN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

As I have said before, some team would be smart to sign Manny to a 1 year deal loaded with incentive clauses based on games played and PA's that could net him up to $30 Million. He'll have his best year, with dollar signs in his head and looking for a 3-4 yr deal afterwards. I'd love to see the Sox sign him, but no way. Theo would quit if forced to sign him. Hmmmm..... ;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote]No wait, let me guess...he's also crazy, right Theo Chicks? By the way, didn't I say all of this MONTHS ago? Now sanity continues its slow crawl onto the Boston sports pages. I should be faster, but I do have a job so I can't lead all the time. :)[/Quote]

yes law2005?,
    he is crazy.
    what? did you think you had a monopoly on moronity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

There's an important piece of the puzzle missing in this article.

If everything all of the Manny asskissers have said is true about the Sox FO, why would Manny want to come back?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COSTANZA. Show COSTANZA's posts

Manny Chick alert!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[Quote]

netdog 8392025642429570817
    Comments: 24

1/22/2009 8:38:44 AM
    Regarding Manny, he was mishandled by the Boston front office. They guy is a stud who just needs to be coddled. They should have picked up his options, and they are much poorer for his departure. The rest of the Manny story is just sauce.

Let me guess, another Yankee fan, pretending to support the Red Sox. Isn't that what all of us are? *sic*

Fenwayjack
    Moonslav
    ynnam42
    crono420
    netdog
    me
    Bill Simmons
    Charles Pierce

List growing folks...not shrinking.

Bringing Manny back would redeem Theo Epstein in ways the human mind cannot process. It would be the first, ballsy, big time MLB GM move he's ever made.[/Quote]

Why don't you add Gickchum and Pedro101 to your rogues gallery. When someone is finally stupid enough to sign Manny, you all can go to that team's forum, and worship him and the genius GM that signed him.

You wouldn't have to hang around here bashing Theo and putting up with us Theo Chicks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Right up until the day of the trade, Manny was trying to find a way to stay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

No, on Manny Part II. Read the comments after Pierce's article. Approx 4 - 1 against bringing the Prima Donna back. The people have spoken.

Congrats Law2005 on finding someone(never heard of this Pierce guy) who agree's with you. Funny how Manny is still available on FA, hmm....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmaster. Show gmaster's posts

Hey Dummy,

...and bring back the attitude problem and lack of discipline. Oh, and where would he play? Only softball has four outfielders. Maybe he can DH and we can trade David Ortiz but then we would have a Big Papi whole in our line-up. Useless articles are one thing but stupid come on…….

TCB

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Google "Charles Pierce" and Manny and you will find 20 more articles just like this where Pierce proves that he is a Manny-Lover and apologist. This article is nothing new so I don't understand why Law and Moonslav are rejoicing so much. The Globe is going out of business so perhaps Pierce wants to write a farewell article.

It is my guess that Law and Moonslaw will try to ride this article for all that it is worth and hope for 500 posts. They both claim to be employed but it is doubtful that they are contributing anyrhing of value to the GNP by wasting 90% of their workday in this forum. They apparently are bored at work and have no responsibilities there.

Manny has been discussed too much already in this forum. This is new Gick that Law will chum out the back of the boat. Moonslaw is a new mate with a second ladle. Do not take the bait and follow the boat. This is beating another dead horse.

Do we ever see Law and Moonslaw on any other threads that aren't about Manny and Theo? They are obsessed with hatred of Theo ( who is Jewish) and still crying like a baby over Manny who wanted to leave ever since he signed with the Red Sox. The whole Manny soap opera has been discussed already. There is nothing more to say. Ignore them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

NOT MANNY BACK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]No wait, let me guess...he's also crazy, right Theo Chicks? By the way, didn't I say all of this MONTHS ago? Now sanity continues its slow crawl onto the Boston sports pages. I should be faster, but I do have a job so I can't lead all the time. :)[/Quote]

Wait, wasn't it you who said that the Globe is owned by the Red Sox and can't be trusted?

Yes, this writer should know more than Framingham Lou and Schilling....LOL!!

Idiots!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Can anyone find out if this guy actually gets paid by the Globe? I mean with real money?

1-From a literary perspective, the article was almost unreadable. No, make that 'it was completely unreadable'. In a relatively short article, he mentions CNN haircuts, lingerie, Triskets, hamburgers, ARMs, and so many arcane references having nothing to do with BB that you have to wonder what happened to the art of editing. And he makes a writer's rookie mistake when he assumes that his readers will understand references such as 'High Mass at the Monkey House'.
    2-While I enjoy debate, he's not debating. He wants Manny back. Okay, I can see some small amount of logic to that. Manny is an intimidating factor and murders the Yankees, and as a RS fan from the Bronx, that pleases me.
    3-But if the writer spend several hours, okay, more like several minutes, putting the article together, why not add one line about where he would play? Is there a point of putting 500 words together, and not completing the vision? For example, does he envision Manny being the RH side of a DH platoon? Does he envision Manny playing LF and Bay playing CF?

That's just a weak article. What a waste of time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

[Quote]

Wait, wasn't it you who said that the Globe is owned by the Red Sox and can't be trusted?

Yes, this writer should know more than Framingham Lou and Schilling....LOL!!

Idiots![/Quote]

LOL!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

netdog 8392025642429570817

Regarding Manny, he was mishandled by the Boston front office. They guy is a stud who just needs to be coddled. They should have picked up his options, and they are much poorer for his departure. The rest of the Manny story is just sauce.

Let me guess, another Yankee fan, pretending to support the Red Sox. Isn't that what all of us are? *sic*

Fenwayjack
    Moonslav
    ynnam42
    crono420
    netdog
    me
    Bill Simmons
    Charles Pierce

Bringing Manny back would redeem Theo Epstein in ways the human mind cannot process. It would be the first, ballsy, big time MLB GM move he's ever made.[/Quote]

Why would it redeem Theo? It was the Front Office that traded him....and the team(players) don't want him.....But who cares what the players want, let the inmated run the insane asylum!

It is funny that you claim to be a lawyer, but can't come up with a good defense for anything on these boards. There is no way in hell you passed the boards, if you did after your 20th time, then you can't be a good lawyer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Everyone with half a brain knows Manny will never play for Boston again. Just because Charlie Pierce wrote this piece (with obvious sarcastic overtones) doesn't mean you were right about anything. It will never happen. Ever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcoIslandFla. Show MarcoIslandFla's posts

Law2005, "you are judged by the company that you keep" and "birds of the same feather fly together".

Here is the famous post by bigot FenwayJack.

fenwayjack2 531078
    Comments: 432

8/14/2008 1:51:58 AM
    Well growing up with an Irish cop for a father and seeing how my brother and sister turned out, yeah I've seen racism first hand. That and heavy drinking which should come as no surprise. Of course dad, my brother, and uncles were big fans of the Sox with that ole Yawkey tradition of going white and uptight. And what did it get them? Until guys like Mo Vaughn and Pedro and Manny arrived on the scene there were nothing. And if you take a look a lineup now (Ortiz is the only non-caucasion batting) that outta open your eyes. Theo has it in for the Dominicans because they don't salute and say yes sir. They stand up for themselves and rightfully so because without Hispanics baseball wouldn't even be the #3 sport in American. Acutally it's in 4th place if you consider Nascar. Btw Theo was on WEEI last year answering to claims of racism in the Sox front office, so I'm not the only one who thinks that's exactly what's going on.

Oh btw in the Olymics tonight the U.S.A. caucasions couldn't hold the lead and lost to Korea. Lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

[Quote]Actually let me correct you niz...we're Red Sox World Series trophy kissers. Which is a sight better than being a Theo Chick.

Manny sat down with the media, and clearly said how much he loved Boston and the fans. The Sox FO and their media lapdogs took this situation over the line which is why Manny had to leave. Right up until the day of the trade, Manny was trying to find a way to stay.

Theo and the Sox FO would have to put their egos aside for the SAKE of the Red Sox team winning another World Title (or 3) this decade and reconcile.

Since when is that wrong?[/Quote]

Manny wouldn't be playing for the city of boston or the Fans. He'd be playing for the Red Sox;

"An apparently bitter Manny Ramirez blasted Red Sox management Wednesday night saying "The Red Sox don't deserve a player like me.""During my years here I've seen how they [the Red Sox] have mistreated other great players when they didn't want them to try to turn the fans against them,” Ramirez said in an interview with ESPNdeportes.com"

Again, if Manny was so mistreated by the Sox, why would he come back?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

so can i assume everything that i say is correct too if i can find a handful of people to agree with me?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

[Quote]

During Manny's interview after being signed by the Dodgers he made it clear that he harbored no ill will or bad feelings about Boston or the fans. You just answered your own question. Do you really not see that?
    Sad.[/Quote]

Again, Manny wouldn't be playing for us or the City of Boston. he'd be playing for the Boston Red Sox, a team he says "don't deserve" him.

So, Manny won't be coming back. Glad we've cleared that up.
    Works for me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

"They should have picked up his options, and they are much poorer for his departure."

That's why the Red Sox scored MORE runs after he left last year, because they're "much poorer". LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]
    Can anyone find out if this guy actually gets paid by the Globe? I mean with real money?

1-From a literary perspective, the article was almost unreadable. No, make that 'it was completely unreadable'. In a relatively short article, he mentions CNN haircuts, lingerie, Triskets, hamburgers, ARMs, and so many arcane references having nothing to do with BB that you have to wonder what happened to the art of editing. And he makes a writer's rookie mistake when he assumes that his readers will understand references such as 'High Mass at the Monkey House'.
    2-While I enjoy debate, he's not debating. He wants Manny back. Okay, I can see some small amount of logic to that. Manny is an intimidating factor and murders the Yankees, and as a RS fan from the Bronx, that pleases me.
    3-But if the writer spend several hours, okay, more like several minutes, putting the article together, why not add one line about where he would play? Is there a point of putting 500 words together, and not completing the vision? For example, does he envision Manny being the RH side of a DH platoon? Does he envision Manny playing LF and Bay playing CF?

That's just a weak article. What a waste of time.
    [/Quote]

That is because it was FLAW that wrote the article....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]Law2005, "you are judged by the company that you keep" and "birds of the same feather fly together".

Here is the famous post by bigot FenwayJack.

fenwayjack2 531078
    Comments: 432

8/14/2008 1:51:58 AM
    Well growing up with an Irish cop for a father and seeing how my brother and sister turned out, yeah I've seen racism first hand. That and heavy drinking which should come as no surprise. Of course dad, my brother, and uncles were big fans of the Sox with that ole Yawkey tradition of going white and uptight. And what did it get them? Until guys like Mo Vaughn and Pedro and Manny arrived on the scene there were nothing. And if you take a look a lineup now (Ortiz is the only non-caucasion batting) that outta open your eyes. Theo has it in for the Dominicans because they don't salute and say yes sir. They stand up for themselves and rightfully so because without Hispanics baseball wouldn't even be the #3 sport in American. Acutally it's in 4th place if you consider Nascar. Btw Theo was on WEEI last year answering to claims of racism in the Sox front office, so I'm not the only one who thinks that's exactly what's going on.

Oh btw in the Olymics tonight the U.S.A. caucasions couldn't hold the lead and lost to Korea. Lol.

[/Quote]

We know that FLAW hates the Jews.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

We've seen Theo throw his temper tantrum and quit as Sox GM for a lot less. The fact that Epstein would take that decision personally enough to quit on the Red Sox says everything we've been saying about why Epstein really shouldn't be the GM of the Boston Red Sox.
    [/Quote]

Not Theo....It was John Henry that was insulted by Manny's comments....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from netdog. Show netdog's posts

[Quote][Quote]
    netdog

Fenwayjack
    Moonslav
    ynnam42
    crono420
    netdog
    me
    Bill Simmons
    Charles Pierce

Why would it redeem Theo? It was the Front Office that traded him....and the team(players) don't want him.....But who cares what the players want, let the inmated run the insane asylum!

It is funny that you claim to be a lawyer, but can't come up with a good defense for anything on these boards. There is no way in hell you passed the boards, if you did after your 20th time, then you can't be a good lawyer.[/Quote]

When did I ever pretend to be a Red Sox fan? I make no secret of the fact that I am a Yankee fan. I wish that Cashman would sign this guy.