1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cujo23. Show cujo23's posts

JD for real?

I think it's about time some of you start to think about your apologies to Theo for the JD Drew decision.� Since the last quarter of last year we have started to see the signs of the player that once entered the majors with the highest of expectations.� I realize it is early, but the boy is showing signs of life.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjmoo. Show sjmoo's posts

JD for real?

JD could well be for real this year, but it doesn't change the fact that Theo overpaid for him by about $20 million.� There was NO market for Drew last year outside of Boston.� LA was happy to be rid of his contract.� He can still be an important player this year, but they probably�could have had him for 5 years/$50-$55m.� Maybe even 4/$40.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

JD for real?

If Drew continues on this path (not .450 of course, but .300 or better) than he will be well worth the money, imo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

JD for real?

There was NO market for Drew last year outside of Boston.

Not true.� The Cubs were in on the bidding and looked like the favorites for a while.

Maybe even 4/$40.

No, the Cubs were offering four at more than that.� I had been hoping for $45M/3yrs, but not sure even that was realistic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slikrick04. Show slikrick04's posts

JD for real?

I am happy for JD for not only playing better and being more comfortable, but also that his family life is now stable, and his child and wife are doing well.�������� He is on a mission this year, and its already showing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

JD for real?

I am happy for JD for not only playing better and being more comfortable, but also that his family life is now stable, and his child and wife are doing well.�������� He is on a mission this year, and its already showing.What does that mean "he is on a mission this year"� and why wasn't he on a mission last year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

JD for real?

What does that mean "he is on a mission this year"

Not much, unfortunately, though it might imply greater consistency of results.

why wasn't he on a mission last year?

He was -- but last year his mission was the health of his baby, not baseball.� Multi-million dollar contract or no, you can't suggest his priorities should be any different.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slikrick04. Show slikrick04's posts

JD for real?

Thanks for the answer thirty....well said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

JD for real?

He already had 4/$10 million with LA when he opted out of his contract.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmm21. Show gmm21's posts

JD for real?

Yes, JD is for real and he deserves the support of our fans. Trot Nixon was one of my favorite Sox players for quite some time, so when Trot was not brought back and JD was brought on board, I approved� the move because I have faith in Sox management, that it was time to turn the page. Was JD overpaid? Yeah, probably, but there are dozens of other players who are grossly overpaid, like A-Fraud. JD redeemed himself last year in the Play Offs and when I saw him in Oakland last week he looked good, in shape, and ready to play, he was hitting the ball in BP extremely well, I know, I showed up early and watched all the Sox players go through pre-game activities. Keep it going #7 because your one reason why we are not under .500 right now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

JD for real?

I hate to be "that guy"....but Drew looked very good at the plate in the early goings of last season.

His problem last year was consistancy, he had some stretches where he was on fire...but those times were over shadowed (in stats AND fan perspective) by his stretches of hitting sub .200.

I will wait and see what he looks like at the end of May before I am ready to start calling him a "smart signing".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbredsoxaddict. Show vbredsoxaddict's posts

JD for real?

He is on a mission this year, and its already showing.Don't worry slikrick, no explanation needed.� I know exactly what you mean.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

JD for real?

All Drew has proven is that he can get hot in April, I believe he did the same thing last year...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

JD for real?

If your kid got sick would you be allowed to turn in a lousy performance at�YOUR job because of it?� I know i wouldn't!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

JD for real?

How is A-Rod overpaid???� He is the best all around hitter in the game, lol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tahoepow. Show tahoepow's posts

JD for real?

cujo,

This is a good theory in all. However remember JD got off to a quick start last year also. I actually do like JD however. I think he had a lot of mental things going on last year and just couldn't focus. I think he is in for a big year and in due time the apologies will start flying.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

JD for real?

My guess is Drew was not nearly as bad as he was last year but not quite as good as he has been thus far this season.� Lowell most likely will not have the kind of year he did last year but he will certainly produce.� Manny will improve from last year and Let's just assume that Papi (who might be injured) has the same year he did last year.� We still have a pretty good lineup.� I believe that it all comes down to our3-4-5 pitching because I expect great things from Beckett and Matsuzaka.� �P.S. I wish I could enjoy a Fenway Frank at the game tonight but it's just not in the cards for me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

JD for real?

Showing a little respect for someone and their child is a more human response.� Don't make look as though Drew used it as an excuse.��It was the media.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

JD for real?

If your kid got sick would you be allowed to turn in a lousy performance at�YOUR job because of it?� I know i wouldn't!

My son was HEALTHY and I turned in some lousy performances that year.� It doesn't excuse the poor performance, but that is reality.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmm21. Show gmm21's posts

JD for real?

"How is A-Rod overpaid???� He is the best all around hitter in the game, lol."This is why I do not post here much, post your opinion then get ripped for it. IMO A-Rod is not worth the bill his money is printed on, maybe today, but not in 5 years, perpetual loser tag, great hitter during the seaon, then goes blank in October, compare A-Rod numbers in 07 Play Offs to JD Drew, again, IMO, thanks, out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

JD for real?

I think you don't post here much because you're too sensitive, lol.� My last post just asked why you thought he was overpaid?� This post had a "ripping" quality to it but its not mean spirited or anything.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpoojsna. Show bpoojsna's posts

JD for real?

yea remember drew hit like .400 for like all of april last year and then dropped off........ how ever i do think he will do much better this year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

JD for real?

The last date on which Drew was hitting .400+ was April 13, the 9th game of the season.� By the end of the month he was down to .278.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slikrick04. Show slikrick04's posts

JD for real?

rcasey28

I'm glad that I work at a fortune 500 company, and a top 100 to work for....;-)\

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

JD for real?

i agree, they did give drew a bit too much money because you arent going to build your team around him, but i think he wll have a very good year this year. I believe lugo and drew will be like lowell and becakett and adjust to the al and have monster years after they adapt to the al. Drew and lugo have 2 of the best 3 avgs on the team right now and im starting to realize why they got these two. Drew is a good fielder with a good arm, speed, and some pop, and lugo is an ok fielder with alot of speed and hits for avg. I believe drew or lugo will win comeback player of the year and the moves for casey and colon will be huge for the sox down the stretch, casey has already been a big part of this team so far.