1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Joba out for the year

They are calling it stiff shoulder..I say the stiff is out for the year..

Go Sox !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from YazTonyC. Show YazTonyC's posts

Joba out for the year

Hope you are right Theo.

He is a punk and wears pinstripes. That is quickly falling behind in the count in my books.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

Joba out for the year

a little too excited Theo?

"The injury appears more muscular in nature and does not involve the labrum or rotator cuff. “It doesn’t hurt in the wrong places,” Chamberlain said. “My velocity was fine.”

As him being 22 years old and in route to become a very good pitcher for the Yanks in the future they arent risking it and want to send him for tests to NY, probably would miss 1-2 starts.

I know this is great news for you, but what advantage does the Sox gain out of this when they keep on losing games that they should win?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

Joba out for the year

[Quote]Hey Vic,

Is that the latest report on him? Any time a young pitcher has anything wrong with the money maker they normally shut them down. I honestly don't like him b/c he plays for the Yanks. But my god he is a good pitcher.

Marte gave up a monster tonight, sure he doesnt belong in our bullpen.

And I knew we werent winning this game tonight. Clay is brutal and our lineup is really not that potent anymore. Not just Manny(that hurts big time), but Papi isnt Papi, Lowell has a bad hip, Drew is slumping, Bay can't hit the curveball, We have the SO Twins in CF. Tek has actually hit better of late but has been terrible.

I am not waiving a white flag, but this team doesnt have the jam it had last year. Not even close. I don't even wanna start on the pitching. Dice-W(walks) and Beckett have been below avg. and Dice's record is a mirrage...he is gonna get burned sooner or later.

Bitter man I am tonight. I think reality just set in that this team isnt near good enough. And the sad fact is I don't think the future next year is better. Tek, Lowell and Papi are all getting older and not better.

I think the overall thing is that when we had Papi and Manny it was impossible to avoid that. Now who do we have? A 1/2 a Papi and no Manny. This lineup scares no one anymore.

Cheers[/Quote]

cheer up, nothing is lost.

just updated my post, so here is the last piece of news so far:

The injury appears more muscular in nature and does not involve the labrum or rotator cuff. “It doesn’t hurt in the wrong places,” Chamberlain said. “My velocity was fine.”
    Joe Girardi said that at the very least, Chamberlain would miss his next start.

Given his age and importance to the organization, you can expect the Yankees to be very cautious with Chamberlain. It’s almost certain he will go on the disabled list and he could be shut down for a while.

As for buchz...

There are only two options:

1) sending him down to the minors doesnt fix anything. He has shown that he can pitch in the minors TWICE already, His problem is pitching against MLB hitters.

Problem with #1: by keeping him in the MLB team, you are giving away games for a chance that he would learn.

2) Send him down to the minors, give up on him this year and bring him up next year again. You dont experiment and you dont give up games...but his learning process would have to wait until next year.

as for Manny....

I did mentioned the same thing to a couple of my friends, sox and yanks fans.

The dynamics of the game with Manny and Ortiz as a pair were very different. Bay is no Manny, and pitchers dont fear Bay, nor do they fear Youk or Lowell as the cleanup hitters.

This issue expose Ortiz even more, and the results are there since Manny left. Same issued happened 2 years ago when Manny went down together with Willy Mo. Ortiz struggled big time back then.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Observer6. Show Observer6's posts

Joba out for the year

A failure on fat boy's part to commit to conditioning will hurt him. He's seems quite fragile and that would suggest his flabby body structure is betraying him.

Of course as they say, "the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree".

Who could ever forget all those bugs in Cleveland swarming him last fall. Almost like their was some kind of rotten odor emanating from his greasy hog jowels.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

Joba out for the year

[Quote]

A failure on fat boy's part to commit to conditioning will hurt him. He's seems quite fragile and that would suggest his flabby body structure is betraying him.
    [/Quote]

i dont know whats worse.

The fact that you think he is fragile (notice, this is his 2nd injury in his career going all the way back to his first day in college baseball)

or the fact that you think his stiffed shoulder is due to his weight.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yagi. Show yagi's posts

Joba out for the year

Oh our players our players are all well conditioned and physical specimens. Papalbon is not exactly fit & trim and Ortiz and others could work on conditioning more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Joba out for the year

[Quote]
    as for Manny....

The dynamics of the game with Manny and Ortiz as a pair were very different. Bay is no Manny, and pitchers dont fear Bay, nor do they fear Youk or Lowell as the cleanup hitters.

This issue expose Ortiz even more, and the results are there since Manny left. Same issued happened 2 years ago when Manny went down together with Willy Mo. Ortiz struggled big time back then.[/Quote]

Your comment might be right except that you disregard how bad Ortiz was before the injury so in retrospect at least for this year Manny has had no effect on Ortiz's production or lack of production this year. Maybe pitchers finally found out his weakness.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

Joba out for the year

i thought you were only stuupid here you are a moron on sawkheads to

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

Joba out for the year

to bad the sox don`t have a stiff like him on there team they have dice k who will be about 18 -4 with not a chance to win the C Y award

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mantlemaris61. Show mantlemaris61's posts

Joba out for the year

leave the kid alone...at 22, and with his makeup and presence on the mound, don't you wish he was yours? that's all i have to say!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Joba out for the year

We really just need few under-peformers to step it up now.

1) Beckett
    2) Ortiz
    3) Ellsbury
    4) Okijima

They don't need perform above expecations but simply meet expectations; especially Beckett.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Joba out for the year

[Quote]Hey Vic,

Is that the latest report on him? Any time a young pitcher has anything wrong with the money maker they normally shut them down. I honestly don't like him b/c he plays for the Yanks. But my god he is a good pitcher.

Marte gave up a monster tonight, sure he doesnt belong in our bullpen.

And I knew we werent winning this game tonight. Clay is brutal and our lineup is really not that potent anymore. Not just Manny(that hurts big time), but Papi isnt Papi, Lowell has a bad hip, Drew is slumping, Bay can't hit the curveball, We have the SO Twins in CF. Tek has actually hit better of late but has been terrible.

I am not waiving a white flag, but this team doesnt have the jam it had last year. Not even close. I don't even wanna start on the pitching. Dice-W(walks) and Beckett have been below avg. and Dice's record is a mirrage...he is gonna get burned sooner or later.

Bitter man I am tonight. I think reality just set in that this team isnt near good enough. And the sad fact is I don't think the future next year is better. Tek, Lowell and Papi are all getting older and not better.

I think the overall thing is that when we had Papi and Manny it was impossible to avoid that. Now who do we have? A 1/2 a Papi and no Manny. This lineup scares no one anymore.

Cheers[/Quote]Buchholz did not do that badly . The error on a DP ball by
    Lowrie that Jeter woulda fielded killed Buchholz. It would have gotten him
    out of the inning,because there was one out. Yes, he shoulda managed the
    inning better, but he is still learning. You gotta give credit to Meche and
    hope our hitting with RISP improves. I like Lowrie a lot and he should be
    our new shortstop. He puts a nice swing on the ball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Joba out for the year

As an added comment, I would like to mention that Lowrie looks
    good out there. Yes, the error was a bad one and probably cost us
    the game, but he puts good swings on the ball and is aggressive
    at the plate...he goes up there with bad intentions. Give him time
    and he will be a fan favorite. What is he batting ?? near 300 ??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

Joba out for the year

[Quote]

cheer up, nothing is lost.

just updated my post, so here is the last piece of news so far:

The injury appears more muscular in nature and does not involve the labrum or rotator cuff. “It doesn’t hurt in the wrong places,” Chamberlain said. “My velocity was fine.”
    Joe Girardi said that at the very least, Chamberlain would miss his next start.

Given his age and importance to the organization, you can expect the Yankees to be very cautious with Chamberlain. It’s almost certain he will go on the disabled list and he could be shut down for a while.

As for buchz...

There are only two options:

1) sending him down to the minors doesnt fix anything. He has shown that he can pitch in the minors TWICE already, His problem is pitching against MLB hitters.

Problem with #1: by keeping him in the MLB team, you are giving away games for a chance that he would learn.

2) Send him down to the minors, give up on him this year and bring him up next year again. You dont experiment and you dont give up games...but his learning process would have to wait until next year.

as for Manny....

This issue expose Ortiz even more, and the results are there since Manny left. Same issued happened 2 years ago when Manny went down together with Willy Mo. Ortiz struggled big time back then.[/Quote]

no question about buccholz; he appears lost on the mound. no improvement since he returned from pawtuckett. as for 'papi', he's missed alot of mistakes, not the blame of manny being gone; papi's just not making contact. don't think his wrist is 100%. expect him to be shut down soon.
    as for joba, don't like him, couldn't care less about his arm; thinking the skanks will probably shut him down for the rest of season, perhaps send him home to hooterville.

one more thing, don't be concerned about the red sox, i love the team, but they don't have the horses this year to get in the playoffs; too many holes to fix; and no competent gm to fix them.

very happy manny is gone; the most disgraceful performance by a major leaguer over the last few weeks i've ever seen. wish him ony the worst.
    someone should tell manny he's not jamaican.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

Joba out for the year

sorry about the above spelling; it's buchholz. my apologies to the buchholz family.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

Joba out for the year

[Quote]i thought you were only stuupid here you are a moron on sawkheads to[/Quote]

behold, the guy who started the JOBA IS A BUST thread that was ridiculed for weeks in this forum.

and before you call others a moron because you disagree with their opinions or analysis it would be wise for you if you can identify which part of my post you disagree with, that is assuming that you understood what i wrote.

= )

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Joba out for the year

It was a pleasure to watch him get his hat handed to him last night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

Joba out for the year

I think reality just set in that this team isnt near good enough. And the sad fact is I don't think the future next year is better.

way to be a fan. i cant wait till all you guys pretend you were behind them all along when they start winning again. what i saw tonight was a good pitcher who had a bad inning where he was betrayed in the field. what you saw was a pitcher who sucks. thankfully, i know what im talking about.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Observer6. Show Observer6's posts

Joba out for the year

Fat boy is off to see famous orthopedist Dr. Andrews in Alabama. This sounds like it might be serious. Yanks refuse comments on the results of today's MRI.
    So much for the opinion of a certain long winded Yankee fan that his shoulder stifness was nothing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Joba out for the year

8 for 13, with 2 home runs, batting average went up 13 points in just 3 games. He's lit a fire in the Dodger lineup. How's Ortiz doing? 1 for 15 since Manny left. Yeah Manny really screwed Boston this time. No way they make the playoffs without him. But fan like you all concerned with the Jamaican dreadlocks, well you deserve it. All hands on deck and man the lifeboats cause the ship is going down. Lol.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Joba out for the year

The stiff is Youkilis. Instead of whining to the umps and anyone who will listen, how about getting a little guts and charging the mound? Four times Joba has almost nailed him in the head and all Youk does is groan and grimace. Youk doesn't even to worry because he's never reach the mound sine Pudge Rodriquez will tackle him 30 feet short. Time for Youk to shut up and man up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Joba out for the year

[Quote]sorry about the above spelling; it's buchholz. my apologies to the buchholz family.[/Quote]

Forget the spelling. It's Buchholz who owes you the apolgy for the last 6 or 7 gutless performances. But he's white so hardly anyone will complain.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Joba out for the year

[Quote]a little too excited Theo?

"The injury appears more muscular in nature and does not involve the labrum or rotator cuff. “It doesn’t hurt in the wrong places,” Chamberlain said. “My velocity was fine.”

As him being 22 years old and in route to become a very good pitcher for the Yanks in the future they arent risking it and want to send him for tests to NY, probably would miss 1-2 starts.

I know this is great news for you, but what advantage does the Sox gain out of this when they keep on losing games that they should win?[/Quote]

what are you still doing here Vic..I went back to old stomping ground .

Sections
Shortcuts