1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

John Lynch

Four years ago I would say a no-brainer...today, lets see. I think he has a little left in his tank, how much and lets get it done...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmonmcd. Show dmonmcd's posts

John Lynch

I say sign him! Imagine if he and Harrison were in the nickel! That's some serious intimidation! One thing that nobody mentioned is the football intelligence this guy and Law carry with them. The depth would be awesome and I say if he can handle a year with limited time go for it. You can't beat what he and Law could teach the younger players, just look at the influence the Vet LB's have had on Woods and Mayo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

John Lynch

Lynch would be a good signing, in a sub package safety/linebacker hybrid role. I'm sure they could devise packages with both Harrison and Lynch on the field in some situations. Sanders and Meriweather are the future of the Patriots safety position though. No doubt those two will make a great tandem for a number of years. Sanders is so overlooked because he isn't flashy, and even more so because he never makes costly mistakes.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

John Lynch

BB will sign Lynch if he is healthy----We all know what he can do with veterans who are "smart" and can still bring it to a degree. he will figure out how and where to use a pro-bowl safety. count on it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thekaraokeking. Show thekaraokeking's posts

John Lynch

Sign him! You can't put a price tag on experience. When he's not playing, he can be teaching the young ones.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

John Lynch

well we just signed another no name corner.i guess that means no lynch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VBUndertaker. Show VBUndertaker's posts

John Lynch

Of course you sign him. No brainer. He's a leader on and off the field and has huge football IQ. He can no longer cover but still hits like a tank (no pun intended). Used situationally for blitz packages and 10-15 yd. coverage he will be worth his weight in gold to this D. BTW -- while they are at it lets get Seau back into the mix. Hobson won't make the team and Bruschi is looking slower....Seau.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ijahru. Show Ijahru's posts

John Lynch

NO!!! LYNCH IS DONE! PLEASE PLEASE don't waste a roster spot on him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

John Lynch

great,great news.I usually go on profootballtalk in the afternoons.they stay on top of everything going on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from obgod3. Show obgod3's posts

John Lynch

Lynch might be a good signing for a Sub package and maybe a little mentoring, but this whole idea of bringing in older players worries me.

At some point the Pats have to develop new guys, if they keep going and getting vets that have minimal impact then eventually the run will be over, sooner than later. Any one up for another 70', 80's and 90', I certianly remember those times.

The Colts for example are doing a much better job of taking some risks and letting the younger guys play, learn and develop and letting older yet still good vets go, they are winning this effort against all teams in the NFL and I predict they will sustain their level of play a lot longer than others, including the Pats. The Pats are not doing this well. The Pats keep trying to patch holes with Vets that are at the end of their career.

Now in saying that I still think Lynch might have some things to give the Pats but not at the expense of cutting a younger player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

John Lynch

what better way to develope young guys is with great veterans with a lot of experience.9probowls is a good resume.speed is good,but experience is better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

John Lynch

Lynch or no Lynch this D is a top 5 D this season no doubt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdf63. Show rdf63's posts

John Lynch

I agree with titletown fan. There are two benefits of signing John Lynch. First, Tank Williams is gone for the season and we need a replacement. Two, he can be a big help teaching the young cornerbacks the game. I think John Lynch and Rodney Harrison would be a good combo for the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from motelsix66. Show motelsix66's posts

John Lynch

They already signed him, no!? Great pickup I think, esp. with Tank "Glass Joe" Williams going down. Will be interesting to see him and Rodney play together, very similar style (punishing).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayray20. Show rayray20's posts

John Lynch

ok if the pat`s sign john myabe we can go 19-0 and with ty law the defence can make the d team a little powerful and fast if da pat`s did use the 31`s pick maybe we could get pat lee from auburn maybe and use da 7 pick for cilff avrill

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

John Lynch

[Quote]Lynch or no Lynch this D is a top 5 D this season no doubt.[/Quote]

TAZ,
    Food for thought, why did Denver replace Lynch with former Charger Marlon Mcree?

I saw Lynch play two game last year, he has lost a step. Great player, but , not as good as the BUCS John Lynch, no way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpygme. Show bigpygme's posts

John Lynch

out here in Denver the personnel moves Mike Shanahan has made often leave you just scratching your head and wondering what he can possibly be thinking about. Pats get a veteran leader who still has a lot to offer in the locker room and on the field if they pick up Lynch - i just don't think they can go wrong picking up the skill set that Lynch brings. Wish he were still in Denver !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

John Lynch

J bolt, if we were bring in Lynch to be our starter i would be worried but thats not what he will be, he will have a role and he will be our emergency player if someone goes down we dont need the BUCS John Lynch, and also how many of yu fans said JR Seau was washed up or that he lost a step? and then he came in here and had a role and did fantastic. Maybe old players cant get it done out SD but in NE old players win championships. Roman Phiffer was 37 years old when we started winning super bowls and he did just fine. BB likes to take old guys and give them a situation type role. Lynch wont even play 50% of the snaps this season but he will still make key plays when he is called upon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

John Lynch

[Quote]J bolt, if we were bring in Lynch to be our starter i would be worried but thats not what he will be, he will have a role and he will be our emergency player if someone goes down we dont need the BUCS John Lynch, and also how many of yu fans said JR Seau was washed up or that he lost a step? and then he came in here and had a role and did fantastic. Maybe old players cant get it done out SD but in NE old players win championships. Roman Phiffer was 37 years old when we started winning super bowls and he did just fine. BB likes to take old guys and give them a situation type role. Lynch wont even play 50% of the snaps this season but he will still make key plays when he is called upon.[/Quote]

Seau has not won a SB, nor will he.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lb22. Show lb22's posts

John Lynch

Get Lynch in the fold and I agree that Ty Law is worth investigating. Harrison and Lynch on the field at the same time would scare the daylights out of any receiver going across the middle. The more the merrier in that D backfield. This will also give the kids the entire season to develop and result in well trained players come December. Who else is out there ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodwon1. Show goodwon1's posts

John Lynch

That would be heaven. Please don't let him go to another team he's still got 1 or 2 good years left. he also can help with the rookies.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

John Lynch

Jbolt, that was not the point, the point is just like with Lynch Seau was being called washed up and people like you said he couldnt get it done anymore and then he came in and played two more years a pretty high level, and if Seau comes back to the Pats there is a very good chance he WILL win SUPER BOWL oh yea i forgot you have already given your team the title i guess the rest of teh league should just take the year off then huh?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

John Lynch

BB may have seen a new wrinkle in the defense when you have a hybrid safety/linebacker or two. Against an Indianapolis offense, you need extra people barely speedy enough to cover a tight end or to catch Addai, but tough enough to bring them down and to intimidate the softer receivers. The tough linebacker/safety tweener seems to be a rare player.

BB has three fast new linebackers. Maybe he's satisfied with total team speed from sideline to sideline.

As for Lynch in particular, maybe he can't run anymore, but he hits like Rodney Harrison (who also can't run but nobody cares). When in doubt, play zone or send Lynch on a blitz.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

John Lynch

back-up i doubt that. he will start,and in package sets,and possible LB.he may have loss a step,but a new winning atmosphere could do wonders on someone like lynch.not to mention what the younger guys can learn.