1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotchandwater. Show scotchandwater's posts

Josh Hamilton

The Reds got Edwin Volquez for him.� Not bad for either team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Josh Hamilton

He appears to have cleaned up his act.� He gets tested 3 times/week.� Obviously he's been the bright light for a flagging franchise so far this year.� As of a few days ago the Rangers had a slightly better record than the Yankees.� LOL.Recent numbers show he's leading the AL in avg., rbi's and hr's.� Who knows.� It's been a long time since a triple crown was�won (GO YAZ)!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dsk1. Show dsk1's posts

Josh Hamilton

He was the first pick in the 99 draft; Josh Beckett was no. 2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eljefe. Show eljefe's posts

Josh Hamilton

Hold on, where is the Lance Berkamn love? Talk about threat to Yaz, .388, 16 HR, 45 RBI and .466 OBP and .770 slugging. Hamilton is great but give Lance a little love as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Josh Hamilton

If they both keep the pace there will be a lot of noise out of Texas this summer.� Who would have thought that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Josh Hamilton

Lots of noise.� Still no pitching.

It is easy to hit when you are always batting in blowouts, since the opposition uses their mop-up relievers in the late innings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Josh Hamilton

That hasn't been the case but since you know it all....whatever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from u240robert. Show u240robert's posts

Josh Hamilton

Howdy,
    long time Sox fan here in Tampa.
    I read so much on Josh Hamilton
    over the years and it really is nice
    to see him do well.
    He was in the Rays organization for 6 yrs or so
    before the Reds purchased him from the Cubs.

The Cubs had him from the rule 5 draft.
    I don't fault the Rays for not protecting him
    but I have no idea what the Cubs were thinking.
    At one point he reminded me of Joe Charboneau,
    without the major league experience.
    Someone who was in over his head with the fame
    and money.
    If he doesn't have any setbacks he is the real deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Josh Hamilton

Yeah, you are right.� Checking the numbers, the pitchers that Hamilton and Murphy have faced are right around the league average.� (St Louis, on the other hand, has seen a steady string of really weak arms.)

I'm still skeptical on Murphy, since he never did anything of note until after the trade.� Not impossible that he's for real, but I want to see a full season at this level first.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Josh Hamilton

This weekend will be a good test for Murphy and Hamilton as they face the Indians with the second best era in the AL.� Murphy did very well when he played here after the trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

Josh Hamilton

I read that the Reds gave up on him feeling his heavy drug use, and reports were ugly, has in effect put a lot of mileage on his body, and he's only 26 or so.The Rangers gave up Edwin Volquez to make this deal.� This guy appears to be a #1 pitcher, this may be a regretable trade down the road

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Josh Hamilton

I agree wholeheartedly. He's only 27, has power/speed/average package and seems to have cleaned up. I'd definitely make a deal involving young prospects for him as Manny/Papi slugger insurance, and for future. But we'd have to move Drew to open up a spot, and I'm pretty sure Theo doesn't want to pay 1/2 or 2/3 of a contract for a player not on our roster.

That said, I could see a pkg. of Lowrie, Drew, and Bowden and another prospect for him, just NOT Masterson. But if I were Texas' GM, it would take more, maybe both Masterson and Bowden, and Theo won't do that

Lowrie, Drew, Pauley, Bowden and some long term kid like Kalish/Corsaletti/ Reddick ? We'll have to see who gets desperate for pitching or rebuilding once they're out of the race, closer to the deadline.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Josh Hamilton

Agreed.� If they can hit Lee, Sabathia, and Carmona, I'll be impressed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Josh Hamilton

The Rangers are trying to work on a long term deal with him.� They have had an annual carousel of center fielders for years, since Daryl Hamilton left.� They aren't going to part with him for a while.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbredsoxaddict. Show vbredsoxaddict's posts

Josh Hamilton

Hamilton's is a great comeback story.� I read an article last year about how Josh was pretty close to the manager's (Jimmy Narron?) brother, (Johnny Narron?)��Don't know if I have those names right, but anyway, Josh�always gave Johnny Narron his per diem money to hold because he did not trust himself enough not to use it to buy cocaine.� Johnny Narron was sort of his "counselor" when they were on the road.� It made for a somewhat interesting situation when Cincy fired their manager.� I don't know if he's still letting someone else handle his per diem, but I thought that was an interesting story.� I wish him the best.����