C-Ruiz
    SP-Moyer

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillCo. Show WillCo's posts

June 17 vs The Phillies: Lester vs Moyer

Red Sox probable pitcher

Jon Lester

• LHP
    • (5-3) 3.43 ERA

Red Sox: The lefty has thrived of late, earning victories in his last two starts. In his last outing, he allowed seven hits and two runs over seven innings in a win over the Orioles. Two starts ago, he defeated the Rays, giving up eight hits and a run over 6 1/3 innings. Lester has given up three earned runs or less in six of his last eight starts. Lester is holding opponents to a .249 average.

Phillies probable pitcher

Jamie Moyer

• LHP
    • (7-3) 4.12 ERA

Phillies: Moyer is coming off his longest and best outing of 2008, one in which he beat the Marlins in Miami with eight shutout innings and allowed only two hits while walking one and striking out three. The 45-year-old lefty is now 5-0 in his last six starts. The Red Sox will be somewhat of a familiar foe for Moyer, who spent most of his career in the American League and is 6-11 in 20 lifetime starts against Boston. One matchup to watch out for is Moyer vs. slugger Manny Ramirez, who has tagged the lefty for 10 home runs, more than any other hitter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbredsoxfan. Show wlbredsoxfan's posts

• Moyer, like Tom Glavine, can be very effective if batters try to pull his "soft stuff," resulting in two-hoppers to the shortstop or second baseman. Usually, "going the other way" produces the better results.  Hopefully, the Sox players have done their homework.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillCo. Show WillCo's posts

...with Lugo having a career BA of .500, 7-14 vs Moyer I suppose that Tito's looking for some more of the same from Julio...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vabeachredsoxfan. Show vabeachredsoxfan's posts

I think our offense will actually be okay versus Moyer. Although I hate that Youk is not in the line up, Casey has done a very good job in his absence.  The key will be whether Lester can hold down the Phil's offense.  Lester has been on a pretty good roll lately, and we need him to continue that.  As always, he needs to throw strike one and pitch ahead in the count.  I would love to see that Red Sox resiliency continue, winning the last 2 games of the series after losing game 1.  Let's end this road trip on a high note.  Go Sox!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

[Quote]Pretty amazing how this board has gone downhill. Six posts so far? The mods do not care it seems; by August no one will be left here.[/Quote]

Pumpsie and all, there is a much better game thread and board at sawxheads.com.  You really owe nothing to this board and you really owe it to yourselves to post on a decent board.  Come join us.  This board is a waste of time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]Pretty amazing how this board has gone downhill. Six posts so far? The mods do not care it seems; by August no one will be left here.[/Quote]

I'd go so far as to suggest they want less traffic and destroyed the site purposely.