1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

June 4 vs The Rays: Beckett vs Jackson

Gomes hammered it, but I am just so happy that Oki threw a strike and allowed his fielders to do their job.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

[Quote]Since May 17, the beginning of the last homestand...

Papelbon  0-0, 8.1 IP, 7 H, 1 BB, 11 K, 1 HR, 1.08 ERA, .555 OOPS, 3-0 IR
    Timlin    1-1, 6.2 IP, 5 H, 4 BB,  5 K, 0 HR, 2.70 ERA, .550 OOPS, 0-0 IR
    Hansen    1-0, 8.1 IP, 6 H, 3 BB,  8 K, 1 HR, 3.24 ERA, .583 OOPS, 3-0 IR
    Delcarmen 0-0, 9.1 IP, 9 H, 3 BB,  4 K, 0 HR, 1.93 ERA, .597 OOPS, 4-1 IR
    Aardsma   1-0, 6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 BB,  6 K, 1 HR, 4.50 ERA, .727 OOPS, 4-3 IR
    Okajima   0-1, 6.1 IP, 8 H, 3 BB,  5 K, 0 HR, 5.68 ERA, .752 OOPS, 0-0 IR
    Lopez     0-0, 4.2 IP, 5 H, 4 BB,  5 K, 1 HR, 1.93 ERA, .853 OOPS, 7-2 IR[/Quote]

You're absolutely right, the pen has shown improvement.  All we have to worry about now is if Tito will be willing to deviate from his pre-game script and react in a timely fashion to what is happening on the field.  None of these guys are lights out and we need Tito to react quickly when one of these guys just doesn't have it that night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Good game so far, especially the pitching and fielding. 

The Sox have been horrible lately with RISP, but this time they got three hits in a row with RISP.  I think Drew just might keep the #3 slot. 

Coco just slide hard on the attempted steal.  I think he wants to prove something (even though he was out). 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leesam01. Show Leesam01's posts

[Quote]You're absolutely right, the pen has shown improvement.  All we have to worry about now is if Tito will be willing to deviate from his pre-game script and react in a timely fashion to what is happening on the field.  None of these guys are lights out and we need Tito to react quickly when one of these guys just doesn't have it that night. [/Quote]
    Excellent post, and my sentiments exactly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

espn is acting like Coco tried to kill the 2nd baseman.  Now the drunk basically called CC a bush league player.  This is the sox, not the pats!  they should have checked their Bias at the door. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Sox win !!

1st place in AL East ..Hope they stay there now for the rest of the season..

Good win all the way around..Good pitching with only 1 walk..good work by the BP 2 game sina  row is a positive sign..

Offense was good enough ...

JD Drew should remain in the 3 hole for the Sox for now ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from High_and_Tight2. Show High_and_Tight2's posts

Good Win!

THere's a new 1st place team in town.

Great to see Drew picking it up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

[Quote]espn is acting like Coco tried to kill the 2nd baseman.  Now the drunk basically called CC a bush league player.  This is the sox, not the pats!  they should have checked their Bias at the door.  [/Quote]

Sutcliff almost wants Tampa to go after coco..It wa s not such a bad deal although Coco got himself out by going after Iwamura with that slide

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]espn is acting like Coco tried to kill the 2nd baseman.  Now the drunk basically called CC a bush league player.  This is the sox, not the pats!  they should have checked their Bias at the door.  [/Quote]

Still, it was a bad slide by Crisp.  At best, it was wreckless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

[Quote]we need Tito to react quickly when one of these guys just doesn't have it that night. [/Quote]

I understand the urge to "do something" when a reliever gives up a couple baserunners, but more often than not the next guy is even worse and you burn through all your arms every night this way (especially since you have to keep somebody warm in the pen if you want to be able to make a quick switch). I've always felt that this is a terrible way to manage a bullpen during the regular season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillCo. Show WillCo's posts

[Quote]I understand the urge to "do something" when a reliever gives up a couple baserunners, but more often than not the next guy is even worse and you burn through all your arms every night this way (especially since you have to keep somebody warm in the pen if you want to be able to make a quick switch). I've always felt that this is a terrible way to manage a bullpen during the regular season.[/Quote]

...in the postgame interview,Tito pretty much laid it out there that he believes that sometimes a reliever like Oki has "earned the right" to be allowed to pitch out of the jam he created, along with stating that he tries to go with the pitchers who are more rested while trying not to burn guys out... also that he does indeed manage the bullpen differently in the post season for obvious reasons...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

I ALSO THOUGHT THAT FRANCONA MANAGED WELL LAST NIGHT, EXCEPT IN THE 7TH WITH THE BASES LOADED AND MANNY AT 3RD WITH ONE OUT; WHY NO PINCH RUNNER? WE ALL KNOW ABOUT MANNY'S HAMSTRING. IT JUST SEEMS THAT IN EVERY GAME TITO MISSES SOMETHING.
    GREAT JOB BY BULLPEN!

ALSO, AS MOST OF YOU ALREADY KNOW, THIS NEW FORUM SUCKS!
    I'M CONVINCED IT WAS BUILT BY A COMPANY THAT WORKS IN THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]I understand the urge to "do something" when a reliever gives up a couple baserunners, but more often than not the next guy is even worse and you burn through all your arms every night this way (especially since you have to keep somebody warm in the pen if you want to be able to make a quick switch). I've always felt that this is a terrible way to manage a bullpen during the regular season.[/Quote]

I agree 100%.

1-You don't have everyone warmed up so it's not like you can just start putting in new guys anytime you want.

2-Usually, there isn't some magic sign that lights up when an RP doesn't have it.  An RP comes in walks the first guy, has he lost it, or did he just miss with a strike?  If the next guy bloops one, it's 1st & 3rd.  Has he lost it.

3-What does this do to a guy's confidence if he knows he'll be yanked if he puts two guys on?

4-How quickly do you burn through the BP if we're using an extra pitcher or two everytime someone gets in a little bit of trouble?

I'm not saying that there aren't times when a quick hook might be recommended, but I think it's simplistic to think you can keep pulling RPs with no long term damage. Sometimes a pitcher wimply won't have it that night  and there is not a lot you can do about it.

Sections
Shortcuts