1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

June 5 vs The Rays: Lester vs Shields

[Quote]Thats the play that strted this and that was dirty By their SS Bartletas well as the knee could have hit the sliding runner in his head andcause concussion..

That block by Barlett was normal. Maybe rare, but its normal as i have seen it before being made by Jeter and eventually he got spiked on the leg.

Coco's arm got to the base first....even then coco head was around Barlett's shoes, not his knees...check it out on MLB.com.

All of this "what if the knee would have hit his head and concussion" is just overration on a play that was perfectly normal and then Coco followed by running over Iwamura on a NON-DP play.

Barlett had NO intentions of hurting anybody and its clear on the video tape at  MLB.COM

Coco's play had all the intentions to hurt a player.

that in my book is dirty.

What seems funny to me its how the same man, not so long ago was almost run over by a Yankee player and the same player was called a punk and dirty.

Interesting how things just change around[/Quote]

Thats what happens when as a yankee fan come you to sox board and expect a rationale response

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

You know it looked like for a split sec he was going to 1st and then decided to charge the mound..Also Shileds didn't go after his head like how the Yankee pitchers do and threaten to end the career of players  -Joba vs Youuk and Farnsworth vs Manny..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Strained right wrist for Jacoby..MRI tomorrow would tell us more...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

Thats what happens when as a yankee fan come you to sox board and expect a rationale response

I have no idead on what you just said.

and before you get any "ideas" let me repeat myself for the 100th time.

What Shelly did was intentional, it was dirty. The play at the plate was completely normal.

The play by barlett was normal and had no intentions on hurting anybody. If Coco got his nail hurt?  ohh well...tahts part of the game.

But running over Iwamura for a payback on such a normal play was dirty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

3.jpg picture by bananamix8

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Is it me, or is Drew starting to earn that paycheck?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

[Quote]Maddon could not have been more of an idiot about throwing at Coco. He has Shields throw at him in the second inning. The pullpen is left to finish the rest of the game and they lose Gomes as well. Considering there will be most likely suspensions handed out after that pile of cheap shots on Coco, especially Crawford puching at the back of his head. Now Maddon is left to deal with the suspensions and their slide begins...[/Quote]

No doubt that was dumb

He could had at least waited until his Bullpen was on the mound and not lose Shields so quick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

5 RBI's for Manny !!!

7-1 Sox !!

Time to lower the boom on the bush leaguers and cheap shots from Tampa !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from catsduck. Show catsduck's posts

[Quote]Man hope Jacoby's okay, we seriously need him. Nice first hit for Carter.

As for Coco, even though his play man have been dirty, Good for him going after Sheilds...actually makes me like the guy more.

what a game though...[/Quote]
    Coco charging the mound was a BS play and Coco should know better.  He knew he'd get drilled tonight, according to some accounts, he was yelling at the Rays' manager to take it on him not his teammates last night.  He should have gone to first and that'd be the end, maybe holler at the pitcher some.  I know you couldn't forsee Jacoby going out hurt but still, you have to play with your head too.  The only good that came out of it was getting Shields and Gomes tossed too.  But that'll all be moot if another OF gets hurt tonight or if someone muffs a play because they're playing out of position and it costs the Sox the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Fight between Yoouk and Manny in the dugout..Bizzare game..
    Looks like the earlier start time has thrown the players off..

I never saw manny this upset since he was hit by Clemens in 03 ALCS !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

2 for 2 for Chris Carter in his big league debut..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

2 for 2 for Chris Carter in his big league debut..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Of course Maddon put him to it and they wer all upset in their clubhouse  today as well..It was really dumb to throw at Coco after being down 1-3 and then it wa smart for coco to go after Shields as he knew he would retaliate and get him ejected..as I don't think he would have been ejected by home plate ump for just throwing at Coco

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveM1967a. Show DaveM1967a's posts

What the hell just happened with Manny going after Youk.  The NESN guys are brushing this under the rug.  Isn't this sort of big news?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveM1967a. Show DaveM1967a's posts

What the hell just happened with Manny going after Youk.  The NESN guys are brushing this under the rug.  Isn't this sort of big news?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from High_and_Tight2. Show High_and_Tight2's posts

[Quote]What the hell just happened with Manny going after Youk.  The NESN guys are brushing this under the rug.  Isn't this sort of big news?[/Quote]

WHAT???? I'm just tuning in, what happened?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

I'm only able to get the broadcast of the game off the satellite with the Rays broadcast team. And they have referred to the Youk/Manny scuffle in the dugout 3 or 4 times. The camera coverage hasn't shown it, but these guys keep bringing it up as if it's relevant to the game. Because of which, I've now become exceedingly curious.

Anybody have an update?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from High_and_Tight2. Show High_and_Tight2's posts

[Quote]Youkilis tried to kiss Manny...NESN had it on camera[/Quote]
    I see, well Youk is a professional. He should know better than try to kiss him during a game on TV. I can see why Manny would be mad. That stuff is for the clubhouse not the dugout.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

[Quote][Quote]

Of course Maddon put him to it and they wer all upset in their clubhouse  today as well..It was really dumb to throw at Coco after being down 1-3 and then it wa smart for coco to go after Shields as he knew he would retaliate and get him ejected..as I don't think he would have been ejected by home plate ump for just throwing at Coco
    So everything the Sox did was smart and everything the Rays did was dumb?

[/Quote]

Isn't the score evident of that and the fact their best starter in this series got out of the game after 2 innings and they had to use most of their BP with 6 more road games to go vs hot hitting rangers and Halos..It was pretty dumb. anyway you look at it..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

I'm only able to get the broadcast of the game off the satellite with the Rays broadcast team. And they have referred to the Youk/Manny scuffle in the dugout 3 or 4 times. The camera coverage hasn't shown it, but these guys keep bringing it up as if it's relevant to the game. Because of which, I've now become exceedingly curious.

Anybody have an update?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Vic,

I've never seen a 2B block 2nd with his knee before.  I'm not sure it was deliberate or not, but hit had good potential for a decent injury to Crisp.  He had every right to be annoyed.  Whether Crisp over-reacted to it or not probably boils down to which team one roots for.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

[Quote]Youkilis tried to kiss Manny...NESN had it on camera[/Quote]

It could be that Youuk was calling out manny for his fake hamstring injury thus forcing him to play an unfamilar RF position while Manny could have just have stepped up after jacoby went down to play LF and Carter to RF...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

[Quote]

Anybody have an update?

Dust:

NESN cameras showed that manny was restarined by team mates going after Youuk..do not know what could have trigerred that respons efrom manny and Youuk look puzzled and was talking to casey as what was that all about..

would probably know in the post game show but wont count on it as sox are pretty good at keeping it inhouse..

[/Quote]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

[Quote]Do we still have a DH if we do that?[/Quote]
    MY bad pumspie..I think e would lose DH..

Good inning by Timlin !!

very curious to see what could have upset manny so much, as the previous inning Manny hit a 2 run single now I have to go back and see if Youuk was on base when that happened and if that could have triggered it..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from High_and_Tight2. Show High_and_Tight2's posts

I would say that those two seem like polar opposites as far as personality anyway. It's a long season, and then spend a lot of time together.

Sections
Shortcuts