1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

June 5 vs The Rays: Lester vs Shields

Do we still have a DH if we do that?

i believe that you lose the DH

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]Do we still have a DH if we do that?[/Quote]

I don't think so.  And with Papi out, it's not like I'm looking forward to seeing Manny play anything but DH anyway.  Hmmm, let me think?  Ellsbury or Manny in LF?   HMMM...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Anyone think Timlin should clip someone at this point?

Did anyone know that we have 11 pitchers on the team with an ERA of 4.50 or lower?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BernieCarbo75. Show BernieCarbo75's posts

I see people are slowly making their way back to the board...I wish they would sort this by latest subject. And are there no more emails to the recipient/person replied to in a post?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BernieCarbo75. Show BernieCarbo75's posts

As long as we can keep scoring five plus runs a game I can live with that stat. The pitching is much improved of late.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Bernie, There is thread out there titled forum updates and in that they mention that they are going to make improvements soon with the thread arrangement, edit, delet feature for posts..

They did mention that since this is handled by 3rd party there are privacy issues with hsring e-mail info with them

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BernieCarbo75. Show BernieCarbo75's posts

I was out most of the game, but they just showed a repeat of Youk and Manny getting into it. What was that about?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

They have referred to the Manny/youk thing several times on the FSN broadcast.  Of course they think that Demarlo Hale should have been tossed because he took down the pitcher.  They have mentioned nothing of the footage of 3 TB fielders piling on Coco.  They really do not posess an ounce of integrity. 

As for youk and Manny, there is a reason why Youk is targeted by the other teams.....

Youk just got hit and the Rays broadcast team just said Manny wanted them to do it....

Youk gets hit because he is irratating.  He is just one of those guys that seems to get under the skin of most normal people.  I am actually surprised that somebody that has to deal with that personality, meaning Youk, on a day to day basis, hasn't gone after him already.  I'm a sox fan, but Youk is annoying.  It is part of what makes him good, but it is still annoying.  If he were gone tomorrow I know I wouldn't shed a tear.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

. too bad it was not bartlett that got taken out by coco..
    the rays are cocky and i HATE that...

I think that's the whole issue.  Had he taken out Bartlett, no one except Sufcliffe, who was sleeping, would've objected.  Still, sweeping them is still the best revenge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Its all over swept the over rated rays...

Showed them who still is the top dog in AL East !!

14 staright wins at home

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

[Quote]the knee could have hit the sliding runner in his head and cause concussion..[/Quote]

On the radio they said that Coco jammed his thumb on the knee.  What Bartlett did was just as dangerous to a baserunner sliding head first as what Coco did on the next play.  Remember that Coco lost a year to a broken finger -- think he had flashbacks?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Youuk reminds me of paul O'neil where he takes every AB like its life an death and last AB in the 7th game of WS.. I love that intensity and that might rub other people the wrong way ..

Talent aside personality wise I would rathar have gamers like Youuk, Nixon, Dustin on my team than Manny

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

The Ray TV broadcast team didn't mention the 3 or 4 players that jumped on Crisp, but they did bring up Demarlo Hale "horse collaring" Shields & slamming him down on his pitching shoulder. They seem to think Hale will be punished for that by the league office.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

[Quote]Had he taken out Bartlett, no one except Sufcliffe, who was sleeping, would've objected.[/Quote]

If Iwamura doesn't like getting run over, perhaps he should impress on Bartlett the need to play clean?  They're teammates...

I've got no real problem with what Bartlett did, but the answer to that is for everybody to go into first base spikes first for a while regardless of who is covering.  Also understandable that Shields would retaliate.  That's just part of the game.

But Jonny Gomes gave new meaning to the term "designated hitter".  Carl Crawford took some cheap shots as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsox452004. Show rsox452004's posts

Coco should stop sliding head-first into bases--he did not learn anything after breaking his finger/hand last year--or was it the year before?

He made a stupid play trying to take out the shortstop.  he should have kept his mouth shut and played on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

[Quote]. too bad it was not bartlett that got taken out by coco..
    the rays are cocky and i HATE that...

I think that's the whole issue.  Had he taken out Bartlett, no one except Sufcliffe, who was sleeping, would've objected.  Still, sweeping them is still the best revenge.[/Quote]

Not only did we sweep them, but because of their ill thought out attempt at retaliation, it wouldn't surprise me if they go on a 7-10 game losing streak.  They had to use up their bullpen to get through this game and it will cost them for the next week or two at least.  They sure didn't act like a team that was playing for the lead in the division.  They still have a long way to go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dramdass. Show dramdass's posts

Did Manny run onto the field during the brawl? Did Youk? I saw neither. I'm just wondering if maybe the Manny-Youk tiff had something to do with one of them calling the other out on not running out to the field

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

[Quote]Thats the play that strted this and that was dirty By their SS Bartletas well as the knee could have hit the sliding runner in his head andcause concussion..

That block by Barlett was normal. Maybe rare, but its normal as i have seen it before being made by Jeter and eventually he got spiked on the leg.

Coco's arm got to the base first....even then coco head was around Barlett's shoes, not his knees...check it out on MLB.com.

All of this "what if the knee would have hit his head and concussion" is just overration on a play that was perfectly normal and then Coco followed by running over Iwamura on a NON-DP play.

Barlett had NO intentions of hurting anybody and its clear on the video tape at  MLB.COM

Coco's play had all the intentions to hurt a player.

that in my book is dirty.

What seems funny to me its how the same man, not so long ago was almost run over by a Yankee player and the same player was called a punk and dirty.

Interesting how things just change around[/Quote]

How 'bout some consistency from cry-baby Rays' coach Maddon. When his guy Johnson crashed into Yankee catcher in a Pre-season game in the middle of March, breaking his wrist, the Rays' bi-speckled skipper called it, 'just good hard baseball.' Meanwhile, in the next game there was a bench-clearing brawl, another hard slide into Iwamura, and four ejections. So there was a difference of opinion about the 'good hard baseball.' Now when Coco retaliates for bag-blocking with a knee, Maddon starts whining. Toss him a crying towel. And I think MLB should warn Maddon and threaten him with a suspension if he attempts any retaliation, like trying to hurt Ellsbury or Crisp when they try to steal today, which they undoubtedly will!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

[Quote]

They have referred to the Manny/youk thing several times on the FSN broadcast.  Of course they think that Demarlo Hale should have been tossed because he took down the pitcher.  They have mentioned nothing of the footage of 3 TB fielders piling on Coco.  They really do not posess an ounce of integrity. 

As for youk and Manny, there is a reason why Youk is targeted by the other teams.....

Youk just got hit and the Rays broadcast team just said Manny wanted them to do it....

Youk gets hit because he is irratating.  He is just one of those guys that seems to get under the skin of most normal people.  I am actually surprised that somebody that has to deal with that personality, meaning Youk, on a day to day basis, hasn't gone after him already.  I'm a sox fan, but Youk is annoying.  It is part of what makes him good, but it is still annoying.  If he were gone tomorrow I know I wouldn't shed a tear.

[/Quote]That is a very strange statement from a Sox fan . We may be missing 3 big parts of the offense as of tonight and you would like to see Youk gone ??  WOW

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

[Quote]That is a very strange statement from a Sox fan . We may be missing 3 big parts of the offense as of tonight and you would like to see Youk gone ??  WOW[/Quote]

Never said I wanted to see him gone, but if he was, it wouldn't bother me.  I love what he brings to the table, but how he brings it is another story.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

[Quote]How 'bout some consistency from cry-baby Rays' coach Maddon. When his guy Johnson crashed into Yankee catcher in a Pre-season game in the middle of March, breaking his wrist, the Rays' bi-speckled skipper called it, 'just good hard baseball.' Meanwhile, in the next game there was a bench-clearing brawl, another hard slide into Iwamura, and four ejections. So there was a difference of opinion about the 'good hard baseball.' Now when Coco retaliates for bag-blocking with a knee, Maddon starts whining. Toss him a crying towel. And I think MLB should warn Maddon and threaten him with a suspension if he attempts any retaliation, like trying to hurt Ellsbury or Crisp when they try to steal today, which they undoubtedly will![/Quote]

i believe some of you guys were warned about this

If im not mistaken, TWM was the first one to say, "watch out for the new and improved Rays, they would be making a lot of friends this year"

and that was in April after that incident with the Yankees.

But back then Theo1, many though it was the Yankees being dirty and that all TB were doing was playing hard good baseball after we retaliated.

Great

another incident, and Coco got hurt on a play by Barlett in which more than likely he didnt mean to hurt Coco.....just like that TB runner running over our catcher in ST.

Shelly went hard in retaliation

Coco went hard in retaliation.

Whats the difference?

As you said, It could had been much worse for Coco and he could have been out with a concusion right?

So it could had been for Iwamura...it could had been worse on either scenario.

Both plays were dirty.

But now you see our point about Maddon's tactics and ways to play the game?  the TB players were ready, they knew it was comming at that time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

[Quote]Youk is great.

The love HOW he gets into the game, his intensity and his hard play.
    I am suprised at DADDYOBOB2. Sometimes you cannot have one without the other.

It would be a sad day indeed if Youk no longer plays for the red sox. And many would shed a tear or more if he ever left.

The previous poster hit it on the nail.
    He is like a Paul O'Neil of the Yankees.
    An integral part of a championship team.[/Quote]

A  intense compulsive player , he fits right in to Bosox tradition. Yaz, Ted, Nomar, Boggs, even Trot and Dewey had a taste of it. A gold glover, potential Allstar that has played 3 positions and hit for power and average while working the opposing pitchers to death. The team will have to rely on Youk, Lowell, Pedroria , to step up big while our pitching carries us thru this injury storm.