1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ayisyen. Show Ayisyen's posts

Just In!:Henry: 'We are not going to be a factor"

How much is Pujols making?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox547. Show redsox547's posts

how can people bash theo, hes brought us 2 world series and a team that went to the ALCS last year...relax

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stomackit10452. Show stomackit10452's posts

I don't get the Theo bashers. I agree that Lugo was a bad signing. Renteria didn't have such a bad year in Boston. If Theo had a chance to do things over, I think he wouldn't have traded Renteria after his 1st year in Boston. If you think about it, out of all the shortstops the team has had recently, Renteria, Gonzalez, Lugo, he was the best one. The Sox are a dynasty. The team other teams follow and look up to. Theo is in the center of it all. I trust him and the front office to do what's best for the team. Go SOX!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS0407. Show RS0407's posts

I personally am not pissed at Theo/ownership for this. I DO trust Theo's decisions. I'm pissed at Scott Boras.

There is one thing I want to say...
    I love Mike Lowell. It has been awesome watching him these past few years. But anyone who honestly thinks that he is capable of putting up Teixeira's numbers the next few years OR that they are the same player is completely naive. Lowell is on the back end of his career. Teixeira is entering his prime. This is not a debatable issue. I am so sick of people thinking that Lowell is the guy he was in 2007. He is not. That was the best year he'll ever end up having here. We have to WS here LARGELY in part to these things:

-A 1-2 punch in our rotation (Pedro & Schilling in '04, Beckett & Schilling in '07)
    -An excellent closer (Foulke in '04, Papelbon in '07)
    -A devastating 3-4 combo in the heart of our lineup!!!

Without those 3 major components we do NOT have ANY rings. Period. Don't put Lowell up there with Manny as a hitter. Or Teixeira. He's a great player and a gamer, but one of the top hitters in the game he is not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stomackit10452. Show stomackit10452's posts

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/angels-close-to.html

Angels are close to signing outfielder Rivera to a 3 year contract and have contacted agents for Burrel, Dunn, and Bradley. They are operating under the assumption that Tex will end up in Boston. This is all a posturing on the Sox part. I bet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Great move for Theo and Henry. Whether they are calling Boras' bluff or whether there is actually an offer bigger than 8 yrs @ $184M, they are doing the right thing. We need a Tex type player, but not @ $200M and/or 10 years.
    Either Boras backs off and we get Tex, or he is buried for years where he can't hurt us, even in the postseason. If he goes to the Nats, we have a LOT of money for a different hitter/a catcher/a starter, possibly all of them with some shrewd trading of youthful assets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

If Teixeira goes to Washington, it will be the Rangers/ARod all over again. Washington won't have the pitching to support the hitting and they'll trade him out to NY.

For $25 million/year, we could get two solid and productive players that won't compromise Lowell and Yukelis. The Sox don't need a first baseman. Bring in another starting pitcher and a 4th outfielder and play ball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

PS ~ If the Sox offered him 8 years and $184 million and he doesn't take it, the Sox did the very best they could. If you compare Teixeira's hitting stats to Jason Bay's, there ain't much difference. Bay is an excellent LF. So, is Bay going to be worth $20 million if Teixeira is "worth" $25 million?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Where was it ever reported that the Sox were a handshake away from signing tex?? You guys are paying way to much attention to most of the people who constantly write dribble on this site !! Tex was always going to be a luxury this team was not going to go after for the money he is seeking as we have most of the players under contract to get the job done offensively this season !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

"No team was angrier at Boras than were the Red Sox when Damon was signed away by the Yankees. Boston believed that Boras had euchred them with offers elsewhere that may not have existed."

Charles Pierce 4/1/2007 in the Boston Globe

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS0407. Show RS0407's posts

Seriously, come on people. I don't want to see the same people on here who are suddenly Teixeira haters wearing his jersey if he does end up here after all. Stop with the bashing UNTIL you know (a) what the Sox offer was and (b) where he does end up IF he doesn't end up here! Nothing is official YET. Not to say that he will end up here, we just don't know for sure yet. Calm down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveM1967a. Show DaveM1967a's posts

Lowell would probably have 25hr/100 rbis. Texeira would have 32hr/120 rbis. For that difference you pay 184M?

Why don't we think about Peavy, think about Lowe, maybe Matt Holiday next year and let Tex go wherever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwd721. Show mwd721's posts

I am hoping that this is just the Red Sox calling a Borass bluff. I still don't see the Red Sox out of this at all as I would be shocked if that blown away offer came from the Angels. I am guessing Boras just made up the offer to force the Red Sox into making a larger offer to Teixeira. If its the Nationals making the offer then go ahead Mark take it and enjoy playing for a bottom barrell team who probably won't make the playoffs once in the ten years they sign you for. My guess is that the Red Sox wait until Boras comes crawling back to them as I'm still going to guess that the Red Sox have the top offer on the table when it comes to money and and the chance of winning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS0407. Show RS0407's posts

FORGET ABOUT LOWE!!! HE IS NOT THE ANSWER!!!

You conveniently left out Teixera's average & OBP. Also, there is no evidence to suggest that Lowell will ever put up numbers like that again. Also, Lowell is not immortal. He is suffering from this thing that all humans do called aging.

Agreed with Holliday and Peavy but I'm still not convinced that Teixeira ISN'T gonna end up here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

Tex wants MONEY

he doesnt care about Boston Chemestry, about Vtek calling a good game

About how many chances Boston would have in the post-season and in the World Series...

I said it before, and i will say it again.

All of you who though this guy was so great because he isnt a mercenary.

He is just that.

Another very good player looking to get paid tons of cash for his services.

He wants to play for a winner?

Stay tunned for when he deliver the news that he is signing with Washington....

so much for him wanting to play with a winner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Why is it somebody always has to "HATE" a guy when they don't agree with most bubble heads on here that some player just don't make sense for whatever reason ?? My heavens people nobody hates tex... I really don't like the idea of the Sox looking like beggers with hats in hand flying to texas just to have Boras tell them the same thing he probably told them on the phone!! Have some pride, Please !! Let him go, it was always about the Money and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a guy wanting to get paid, especially even if there is only one pea brain owner that will do it !! Tex will shake off playing for the nats just like the other 90% of the players shake off playing for the lousey teams they play for!! Most likely it ain't the nats... Most likely it's the Yankmes again !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fiskfan75. Show fiskfan75's posts

Why doesn't anyone think it's the yankees? does anyone honestly think they're serious about swisher @ 1st? Just like the damon negotiations...cashman jumps in at the last minute and boras makes sox look foolish....let's hope yanks haven't run out of ways to choke

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mascmen7. Show mascmen7's posts

Please try to sign free agent Bobby Abreu who is a great hitter. Bay, Drew, Abreu in OF and Jacoby as a spare OF.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb2496. Show jb2496's posts

i say pass on the guy. lowell and youk are good enough for now. in a couple years lars anderson will come up. he has "elite" player potential. get some pitching for now with the $23 million per year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

I love John Henry. He is calling BS on Boras. If the cost is above what has already been reported, then the sox should have no interest. I think they might dump Tek if they dont get Tex.

Lets get on with the rest of our offseason, with no more Boras clients. No Lowe or Tek. Let Boras find places for them. We will do just as well without them. Anybody who is saying we are third place because we didnt sign this guy is a moron/idiot. Yes you heard me, you are a moron!!!!! Get a clue!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Now that he's a free agent, Abreu's a great hitter. When he was a Yankee, he sucked. Make up your mind.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreamer007. Show dreamer007's posts

[Quote]
    I Really hate telling you I told you so !! Mikey will be back, Bay will have a monster year, Pedroia will have another great season, Youk will win the MVP this season, Pitching Staff will have a great season, and Ortiz will bounce back better then Ever !!

GO SOX 2009 !!
    [/Quote]

if this is true, and no TEX, then he will not block Lars Anderson
    who should be ready in 2010
    i am trying to be optimistic

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS0407. Show RS0407's posts

I think we may all be jumping the gun assuming that it's the Nationals. The Yankees make way more sense. They have the money to spend. They need a first basemen and a guy to hit with A-Rod. And to top it all off, they have waited for us to become fans of Teixeria and feel like he is already a member of our team... and then they rip him from us after we have already considered him a Red Sox. Remind anyone of A-Rod in '03/'04 offseason?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreamer007. Show dreamer007's posts

[Quote]I am not quite sure this is over yet....[/Quote]

you might be right.... bora$$ seems to love melodrama...
    thats the southern california influence