1. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

First of all I think Tom is our greatest QB. But looking at it through a business eye, as well as this fans eye, I would keep Cassel and trade Brady. Fiirst, Tom is getting up there in age. I dont think he will play until he is 35 or 36. He is coming of major surgery which will limit is mobility which was limited anyways. It will force him to force throws alla Bledsoe. His arm has failed him the last 3 years of Patroits playoffs. He threw a pick in Denver, choked in Indy and was rotten in last years superbowl. His value would be much better then Cassel. Trade him to KC. Dont feel bad for him he is a multi millionare.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Tom Brady made a statment in last weeks paper that one of his goals is to play till he is 40 and this fan wants him to retire a Patriot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

First, I need to address your comment are failing the last 3 years. Yes, he threw a pick against Denver, but that team wasn't going to win anyway. Choked in Indy? You must be joking. He gave them the lead with less than 2 minutes left, and the defense choked it away. And in the Superbowl, you name me a quarterback who can complete passes when he's on his as* with 3 defenders on top of him, then you can say he choked. Again, he led the go-ahead TD drive with 2 minutes left, and the defense gave it away. Are you sure you watch the games?.

Next, the injury is a concern, yes, but according to sources he is progressing well and should be fine. Tom himself has said he will play until he's 40, and when he wants something, he works his butt off to get it. He'll be around for another 6-7 years. You mention that he had limited mobility anyways, and you are absolutely correct, and that proves my point. His game is not based on speed/fast movement, so the knee injury won't affect what he does best: throw the ball downfield.

Brady is at least twice the quarterback Cassel is...at least. And that is not a knock on Cassel, he is great, and I hope he has a fantastic career with another team. Trading Brady would be suicidal for the franchise. End of story.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Look Brady isn't going to play until he is 40. You have to be smoking too believe that. He will not be back until mid season next year. With the Patroits weak at left tackle at least weak against a quick de, he is going to get nailed. His arm has been suspect for a few years now. The Pats have great play makers, Cassel only has an upside. No mobility mean injury or interception. His time is up. He was great, and we paid him handsomely for that. We need to move on. Everyone said the same thing when we got rid of Bledsoe. Its going to happen sooner or latter. Lets make it sooner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Look Brady isn't going to play until he is 40. You have to be smoking too believe that. He will not be back until mid season next year. With the Patroits weak at left tackle at least weak against a quick de, he is going to get nailed. His arm has been suspect for a few years now. The Pats have great play makers, Cassel only has an upside. No mobility mean injury or interception. His time is up. He was great, and we paid him handsomely for that. We need to move on. Everyone said the same thing when we got rid of Bledsoe. Its going to happen sooner or latter. Lets make it sooner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

seriously man can i have the number for your weed dealer cause what ever your smoking is fantastic stuff.

Bradys arm has been suspect for years? You do realize he threw 50 TD passes last year right? I know its been asked before but do you even watch football?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from djkg. Show djkg's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Tom Brady has won more playoff games than Cassell has in just the regular season games!!!!

Tom Brady can play for a while longer.
    Matt Cassell is very talented, but lets see what happens next year when the league start adjusting to him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from djkg. Show djkg's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Rotten in last years Super Bowl!!

Get a f'in clue.

Find me a quarterback who has a great game when his O line is getting owned like they were in that game.

All these trade Brady people seem to forget he has won 3 god damn super bowls and if he got some decent blocking last yr he probably would have 4.
    The defense is the reason we lost in Indy, by the way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

On the topic of Tom Brady, as I watched the Steelers play the Patriots this year, I keep thinking back to a couple of the sacks that caused Cassell's to fumble. When Brady plays the Steelers, he gets rid of the ball quickly, which usually offsets the Steelers blitzing linebackers. Personally I think Brady will come back 'hungrier to win' than ever. I'm not looking forward to it, but as a true fan, it will be great to see him back. He's always handled himself with class & I just like his coolness on the field. And you cannot overlook that he is the Leader of the team, and how much his presence will mean to the rest of the team

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Umie79. Show Umie79's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

The idiot that started this thread is obviously some troll.

But it's certainly good for comic relief.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from krb1981. Show krb1981's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

I am not trying to insult you, but comparing Tom's Mobility to Bledsoe is not a good point. Bledsoe was slow, poor in the clutch, and did not have a quick release. Bledsoe did have a stronger arm. Shotgun 5 wide is all the time Brady needs. Cassels stats with Moss, Welker, and Gaffney vs Brady's last year should answer the question. Trade Cassel and Keep Brady, Beef up the Dfnse. we need the 03 D back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

"Brady's arm has been suspect for a few years now."

That is one of the funniest statements I have ever read on this board. I think the original poster if having a little bit TOO much fun in California. Seriously, I have no problem with dissenting opinions on the board, it makes for good discussion, but get SOME sort of clue before posting this nonsense and expecting people to buy it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

steelcurtain, it should be a very exciting next few years watching the Patriots and Steelers compete for top spot in the AFC (and probably whole NFL). These are clearly the two model franchises in the NFL right now, and I look forward to the battles between them that will likely take place. I see both teams winning at least one other Superbowl each in the next few years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzCal. Show BuzzCal's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

The topic is CRAZY!!! You don't get rid of a HOF QB!

BuzzCal

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouieDaLipp. Show LouieDaLipp's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

What the hell were you watching this year. Did you see what the Chargers and the Steelers did to the Patriots. There is a difference between Tom Brady and the Patriots who have owned those teams, and a Cassel lead Patriot team who were SPANKED by those same teams.

The team and media in this town talk Cassel up because they're trying to pump up his value so they can get the most for him. You believing the hype makes you one of the sheep. This is the reason why the fans of New England go through life sounding like idiot homers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoodrich. Show hoodrich's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

LMFAO.....did u just start watching football? Brady was winning games with nothing around him(remember Rece Caldwell and co.).... then he went undefeated with weapons,,, lets see what cassel does with the lions, cheiefs or tampa before u start crowning him joe montana 2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

It has been said that CA is the "granola" state. Nothing but fruits, nuts, and flakes! I guess the original poster proves this beyond a doubt, as he is at least two and maybe all three of these! Do us all a favor. Put away the indica, go away, and come back when you are SOBER!!! Even better, go away and STAY AWAY! If Tom's arm is "suspect", then what would he do if it was full strength? Maybe 75 TDs and 8000 yards? I thought Leon/Tedy/Hess was ignorant. Compared to funinCA that troll is Einstein! When I read this post I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

50 touchdown passes in a single season! 23 to one player! he threw bombs all year! but suuuuuuure his arm is "suspect"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

U are either a troll, an idiot or high, thank god u dont run our team. Maybe you are the Jets GM?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

It's Millen at his new gig for TV. He's out there in LA-LA land, and must be on some good drugs!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Lets see one of the greatest ever or a guy who with the easiest schedule could not lead the team to the playoffs. I'll take Brady over anyone. Dude do me a favor and slap your mother next time you see her. Thanks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

I like Tom Brady a lot, even though he threw 50 td's last year the supporting cast had a lot to do with it. Against S.D. and the giants he was not very good. He has major knee surgery, he has no mobility, that is why the time is now too trade him. What happens if he goes down again then all is lost. There is a better chance of that happening then throwing 50 td's. The Pats have too many holes too fill, defense line, backers, corner and safety, running back, tight end, left tackle. We could get a few number 1's for him and maybe some lower choices also. Look at Farve great qb, but Greenbay could have gotten rid of him a few years ago and would have gotten a lot for him. Brady isn't playing until 40, we will be lucky too get 2 or 3 years from him. By the way he did throw a Int with a minute left in Indy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Trade Brady. Go get another bong hit from Phelps. Leave out the PCP this time....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

1. The late pick against Indy was a desperation pass when they had basically no shot due to time on the clock.

2. How on earth do you know something that nobody else does, that we will be lucky to get 2-3 years out of him? Are you from the future? On what basis do you make these statements?

3. You keep missing the fundamental, overriding point: CASSEL IS NOT, AND WILL NEVER BE, REMOTELY CLOSE TO THE QUARTERBACK THAT BRADY IS.

Do I wish Tom Brady was 26 and not coming off a major injury? Of course!! But the fact remains that he is very likely to come back healthy and play many more years at a level much higher than Cassel's. You can improve every other position on the team all you want, but the downgrade from Brady will trump that improvement, and make the Patriots a worse team.

We can argue this forever, but in a a few weeks, it will be a moot point. Belichick will do what everyone knows is the right thing, and trade Cassel, and we will go back to watching Brady dominate the opposition, while Cassel is a decent quarterback elsewhere. I like the guy a lot, and I wish him success, but it flat out will not be here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

many players have come back fine from this injury.now one thing I will agree with is the pats will need some big,nasty OL men to protect brady better.and to trade brady being injured really wouldnt give the pats much for teams will really want to know how his future would be,and they will use that as an exscuse not to give to much for him.but once brady shows the world he is at 100 percent all this kind of talking will stop,and brady could play till he is 40 if he chooses to.barring no more injuries.

Sections
Shortcuts