1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

[Quote]Look Brady isn't going to play until he is 40. You have to be smoking too believe that. He will not be back until mid season next year. With the Patroits weak at left tackle at least weak against a quick de, he is going to get nailed. His arm has been suspect for a few years now. The Pats have great play makers, Cassel only has an upside. No mobility mean injury or interception. His time is up. He was great, and we paid him handsomely for that. We need to move on. Everyone said the same thing when we got rid of Bledsoe. Its going to happen sooner or latter. Lets make it sooner.[/Quote]

I am trying to insult you, get off this board troll!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

for those fans who think we should NOT trade Brady, here is a question. What would you say if the 49ers offered Willis, their first round pick this year (#10) and their 1st round pick next year? Would you still say no?

I admit it would hard to say no, mostly because I would be laughing my a** off. After that I would be happy to still have Brady and the 49ers keeping willis and all their picks.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Brady did not lose the game to Indy. The defense did. Did you even watch the game? So, Brady threw an interception on a desperation pass when they needed to go around 70 yards in 23 seconds with no timeouts. Obviously, you have to just throw it up and hope for the best. Putting that game on Brady is the sign of an oblivious football fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bal50dev2229. Show bal50dev2229's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

After reading that original post I was 100 percent going to reply in the same way. About everything. I want to thank you for preventing me from wasting time to construct the sentences. Go Pats

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Dumb... dumb.. and more dumb.

Brady was substantially better in his first year than Cassel on third downs and red zone especially....

Consider that Matt was throwing to Randy Moss, Welker, Watson, etc...

Brady was throwing to David Patten and a host of other nobodies, Troy Brown was their only quality guy back then and even if you say Welker vs Brown is a wash, the rest of the offensive staff blows Brady's first squad away...

Let's keep the hyperbole and idiocy to a minimum if possible..?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flounder1967. Show flounder1967's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Keep Tom Brady, SHOOT Funinca-1.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Keep Tom Brady, SHOOT Funinca-1.

Waste of a good bullet! Don't worry, though. If he keeps smoking that much crack they're sure to find him dead in an alley off Hollywood Blvd. soon enough!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from eric6675. Show eric6675's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

So this is what Peyton Manning does when he is not shooting commerials? Peyton you are way to old to be coming onto message boards starting bogus threads.
    Brady will come back next year better than ever. His shoulder has been sore for years, a year off gives that shoulder a lot of well needed rest. He has never been a mobile QB so, the knee is not a big concern unless someone gives his another cheap shot.
    As far as the int against Denver, gee he only gave it up to Champ Bailey who picks off QB's like Lebron drops baskets. Choken in Indy, humm lets see a huge lead, bad calls by the refs, a dropped pass by Reche Caldwell on a sure TD, but Tom choked. 50 TD's, an MVP season, but yeah lets trade him. Any QB would have a bad game if the offensive line allowed a pass rush like that. The bottom line is that he still led the team to a go ahead drive, but a lucky pass by Manning and some blown coverage by the Pats lost the game.
    I have an idea lets trade both Brady and Cassell and lets sign Favre to another year. When the game is on the line, you will be wishing Brady was out there, not Favre. We all know what would happen with Favre, triple coverage on Moss, but Favre would throw it right to him, back the other way for six.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

[Quote]Brady did not lose the game to Indy. The defense did. Did you even watch the game? So, Brady threw an interception on a desperation pass when they needed to go around 70 yards in 23 seconds with no timeouts. Obviously, you have to just throw it up and hope for the best. Putting that game on Brady is the sign of an oblivious football fan.[/Quote]

Careful Kemo Sabe - I have tried to defend Manning in exactly the same way in other games on this site only to be met with a big fat phlbbbbbbb. So it does not fly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

[Quote]Look Brady isn't going to play until he is 40. You have to be smoking too believe that. He will not be back until mid season next year. With the Patroits weak at left tackle at least weak against a quick de, he is going to get nailed. His arm has been suspect for a few years now. The Pats have great play makers, Cassel only has an upside. No mobility mean injury or interception. His time is up. He was great, and we paid him handsomely for that. We need to move on. Everyone said the same thing when we got rid of Bledsoe. Its going to happen sooner or latter. Lets make it sooner.[/Quote]

Don't be stupid....Brady had 50 TD's before he got hurt.....his left leg was hurt, it is not his push off leg that is needed to help the throws.

Who says Brady won't be back till mid season? He said he will be back for the first game.

Bledsoe was horrible, Brady is not.

Are you 12 years old?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Only an idiot or a TROLL would suggest trading Brady in his prime and keeping Cassell whom for all we know had his best season ever last year and may never reprodice that again.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

So we go from some dope starting another trade Brady thread (yawn) and it morphs into a discussion of Payton Manning and his value to the Colts.
    WOW! Does any Patriots fan REALLY care about debating the merits of either topic?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

[Quote]for those fans who think we should NOT trade Brady, here is a question. What would you say if the 49ers offered Willis, their first round pick this year (#10) and their 1st round pick next year? Would you still say no?

I admit it would hard to say no, mostly because I would be laughing my a** off. After that I would be happy to still have Brady and the 49ers keeping willis and all their picks.[/Quote]

I agree with you 100% Brady is untouchable! You don't trade your franchise QB in his prime.....for anything!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmfl. Show cmfl's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

brady did not work out last season with the intensity of previous years.he paid for his lowered commitment. trade him and be done with it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmfl. Show cmfl's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

brady earned the preferred parking spot for years for intensity of offseason workouts. he did not earn it working out for the 2008 season. that to me is a lowered commitment. maybe if he were in better conditon, he could have got out of the way. my point is that there is a very large question about his physical condition now and in the future. if san francisco would deal for him, i say take it. the life span of a pro football player is short. we all love what he has done for us and would have great memories. this kid cassel has attributes that brady didn't have. he can run and for a first year player, he was phenomenal. make the deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

[Quote]brady earned the preferred parking spot for years for intensity of offseason workouts. he did not earn it working out for the 2008 season. that to me is a lowered commitment. maybe if he were in better conditon, he could have got out of the way. my point is that there is a very large question about his physical condition now and in the future. if san francisco would deal for him, i say take it. the life span of a pro football player is short. we all love what he has done for us and would have great memories. this kid cassel has attributes that brady didn't have. he can run and for a first year player, he was phenomenal. make the deal.[/Quote]

I completely forgot about Brady losing that parking spot! That changes everything, forget the 3 championships,longest winning streak, or the 50TD's! Brady lost his parking spot people, he's not the same!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

[Quote]

So you're saying he should be traded on the basis of his parking spot? You're clueless. There's a lot more questions about Cassel's ability to consistantly connect on the long ball and his ability to deal with blitzes. He also hasn't proved he has Brady's coolness under fire or in the big game.[/Quote]

That guy who wants Brady traded is obviously NOT a patriots fan....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Could we please stop this? Brady WILL NOT be traded! I don't see a reason to even discuss it. He is not going anywhere.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenji. Show shenji's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

concerning the parking spot, i had heard that the coaches asked brady to ease off a bit in order to preserve himself better cause he works out so hard in the first place, so im not sure it should be held against him.

i don't think the possibility of trading brady is very big, but i also believe it is not completely nonexistent. belichick has proven himself capable of going against the grain and pulling the trigger on an unpopular move with the fan base - just look back at kosar. granted, kosar is nowhere near the QB brady is and was closer to the back end of his career than brady is (31 goin on 32 this summer i believe, right around where physical ability and experience come together best). however, as great an improvement cassel made over the course of the season, it is still too small a sample size (derek anderson comes to mind) to bank the franchise on him and unload a future HOFer.

patsfaninBA brings up an intriguing scenario though with willis + first round picks. i feel like willis is untouchable for the 49ers (plus, big trades rarely go down in the NFL...teams are built by and large thru the draft), but if this were actually on the table i believe belichick would give it some serious thought. belichick's specialty is defense, and a willis-mayo tandem would be insane for years to come.

in the end, i expect and look forward to seeing brady back and doin what he does at some point this upcoming season, if not right from the start

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Sorry folks, you all fell for it, hook, line and sinker! An idiotic post just begging for a response that doesn't deserve one. Gotta keep those fingers from jerking to the keyboard in that autonomic response to argue.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

[Quote] He will not be back until mid season next year. Quote]
    I love it when people state their lame opinions as fact. Are you an orthopedic surgeon? Have you examined his medical records and his knee?
    NO? then I guess you don't know what the fugg you're talking about then, do you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

WOW, Get a Life... Tom Brady is New England Patriots and will be for as long as he is Willing and Able.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

Brady won a Superbowl with Troy Brown, David Patten and Fred Coleman (that's right, the immortal Fred Coleman) as his starting wideouts. Oh and the tight end was Jermaine Wiggins.

End of story.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Keep Cassel trade Brady

[Quote]Can I have some of what you're smoking?

First, I need to address your comment are failing the last 3 years. Yes, he threw a pick against Denver, but that team wasn't going to win anyway. Choked in Indy? You must be joking. He gave them the lead with less than 2 minutes left, and the defense choked it away. And in the Superbowl, you name me a quarterback who can complete passes when he's on his as* with 3 defenders on top of him, then you can say he choked. Again, he led the go-ahead TD drive with 2 minutes left, and the defense gave it away. Are you sure you watch the games?.

Next, the injury is a concern, yes, but according to sources he is progressing well and should be fine. Tom himself has said he will play until he's 40, and when he wants something, he works his butt off to get it. He'll be around for another 6-7 years. You mention that he had limited mobility anyways, and you are absolutely correct, and that proves my point. His game is not based on speed/fast movement, so the knee injury won't affect what he does best: throw the ball downfield.

Brady is at least twice the quarterback Cassel is...at least. And that is not a knock on Cassel, he is great, and I hope he has a fantastic career with another team. Trading Brady would be suicidal for the franchise. End of story.[/Quote]

The injury would be more of a concern if it were his push off leg.....and it isn't.