1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

Lackey, Hunter "We were the best team"

Your team had there chance to show who was the best, but you came 2nd because you couldn't come through in the clutch.
    So suck it up, and stop embarressing yourselves

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from me9. Show me9's posts

The best team on paper, but not the best team on the field!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

lackey is a cry baby. complaining about pedroia pumping his his last night, "like he just did something great",, You mean like give his team a clutch 2 out rbi in a now 2-0 game? Enjoy your off season John you fat loser

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Talk doesn't make you the best team, you have to prove it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

"WERE" the best team!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfanincleveland. Show bosoxfanincleveland's posts

The Angels might have had the best record this year...but they fell to the same fate as the 1954 Indians - 111 wins regular season (best record Al pre-division era) and then swept by the say hey Giants.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

then all the more reason they should be embarrassed. go back to disneyland and cry some more!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Yes,the Angels were the best team.Keep telling yourself that while you're watching the Sox in the ALCS(again).I hope it helps you sleep better at night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan84. Show redsoxfan84's posts

I find it hard to believe that any Angel player or coach would say anything about someone else showing emotion...KRod anyone??? Is there a more dramatic player in the league...every strike he throws is like he won the world series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZootInNH. Show ZootInNH's posts

Angels are to MLB what the San Diego Chargers are to the NFL. Awesome in the regular season, but just plan don't get it done in the playoffs....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

They weren't the best team, but they were pretty darn good. This was a tough series, even with the Sox returning home leading 2-0.

Overall the injuries to the Sox could be worse, with one exception, David Ortiz. That wrist, even though he can still swing, seems to have affected his hitting a lot. Worth noting, however, that even with the bad wrist, he was better than Pedroia and Youk in the four game series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan84. Show redsoxfan84's posts

[Quote]Angels are to MLB what the San Diego Chargers are to the NFL. Awesome in the regular season, but just plan don't get it done in the playoffs....[/Quote]

Good point, and they cry and whine like the Chargers too...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanBRL. Show DanBRL's posts

Here are Lackey's comments:

"We lost to a team that's not better than us," growled pitcher John Lackey, who gave up two runs and seven hits in seven innings. "We are a better team than they are. The last two days, we shouldn't have given up anything."

It wasn't so much Scioscia's squeeze call and Erick Aybar's missed bunt attempt that irked Lackey after the 100-win Angels, who had the best record in baseball and seemed built for a long October run, lost the series, three games to one.

"That's our style of baseball," Lackey said. "That got us here."

It was being eliminated by Boston for the third time in five years and watching the Red Sox pour out of their dugout to celebrate another walk-off win -- they had one in each of their division series victories over the Angels in 2004, 2007 and 2008.

It was seeing Boston score two runs in the fifth, which included Jacoby Ellsbury's run-scoring groundout and a fly-ball RBI double off the Green Monster in left field by Dustin Pedroia, who broke an 0-for-15 series slump.

"[Sunday] night they scored three runs on a pop fly that was called a hit, which was a joke," Lackey said, referring to Ellsbury's pop that fell between center fielder Torii Hunter and second baseman Howie Kendrick in Game 3.

"[Monday] night they scored on a broken-bat ground ball and a fly ball that anywhere else in America is an out, and he's fist-pumping on second base like he did something great."

Asked to describe his feelings, Lackey said, "Like I want to throw somebody through a wall."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-angels7-2008oct07,0,6242252.story

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

Lackey was absolutely classless after the game. But while Torii Hunter said he felt the Angels were the better team, he also said, "Those guys don’t feel the pressure. They love pressure. In Boston, these guys are under pressure every day.
    “There are a lot of champions over there in that clubhouse.”

It seems to me Hunter handled the Fenway pressure pretty well. He also took defeat well, maintaining pride in his team while tipping his cap to the victors.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

A 100 win season for a team that plays in the AL west is no great accomplishment. Seattle, Oakland and Texas can't match up with Tanpa, Toronto and those hated Yankees. I wonder what kind of season the Angels would have had if they played an AL east Schedule. The rest of the AL west is under 500. Everyone except Baltimore in the AL east over 500. Granted the Angels are a "good team" and built to win in NL fashion. but that doesn't get it done in the AL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I saw this too. It made me laugh.

I love how he mentions the blooper that got the runs across, but forgets the Sox raining home runs in Anaheim.

The bottom line is that the Angels are over-rated every year.

They play an anemic schedule that has 54 games against three of the worst teams in the AL.

They consider John Lackey teir ACE??? This thick tongued, fat face salad throwing pitcher??

He and their entire staff would get lit up all year long in the A.L. East. They finish around where the Blue Jays finish.

Better team . . . LOL. Start by getting a closer who can keep the ball in the park, an ace who can actually put up goose eggs and not try to dance around his mistakes by pitching to contact, a mamanger who loves to win more than he loves looking like a smart guy(needless squeeze) and a lineup that means something after the 3-4-5 spots. Oh wait . . .Texiera will be here or in NEw York . . .so they need to start rebuilding even the "middle."

The fact is that we are better--

Lackey < Lester
    Santana< Daisuke
    Saunders << Beckett

We have a better lineup, and at best our bullpens wash.

How are they better again?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonpete. Show bostonpete's posts

Typical reaction from another California CRYBABY. Hey Lackey go pal up with Ladanian Tomlinson maybe you can both wipe away your sore loser tears! Yea Dustin pumped his fist, he drove in a big run with his first ALDS hit, but again typical for a California CRYBABY to not complain when Tori Hunter did the same thing in the 8th. Hey Lackey you lost admit it. If game 3 is in any other park then Fenway you clowns get swept as Napoli's second homer was a Fenway one, but that's the great thing about baseball. Play the game and win and lose with some dignity! I guess that's too much to ask of a California CRYBABY.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nesportsfan6013. Show nesportsfan6013's posts

Sore Losers! Not All of them but it appears that somebody in the Angels front office should have a talk with Lackey! He makes the team look bad by his comments!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Hunter is a man among men. Even if irks me occasionally, because he says what's on his mind, he is always honest and direct. Even though I don't like the way he injured himself, I love the way he handled himself afterwards. No whining about 'I'll try', he said was playing and adrenaline is a marvelous painkiller.

Lackey is a whiner. Did you see the fit he threw after a misplay in G1, and now he brings up the popfly? The RS simply played much better D.

And the LAA are only better in a 162-games season, but we're better in a short series. They're better at the 4/5 slot, but we're better eveywhere else.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

"The pop up single was a joke and would have been caught anywhere else in America is an out..." HMMMM does he mean with any other team other than his??????
    They had the best record they beat the Sox and had a great record against the ALE. I said it before the series the team that would win would be the team with the hottest player --- That was the Sox.
    In this series the Sox were the better team. In the season the Angels were.
    I also said the Angels weak link was their manager and I still say Terry out managed him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Stick a microphone in a ball players face at their most pissed moment and you will get this stuff. The guy's a competiotor, it's not a big deal. Move on to the Rays! Let's go Sox!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Nah! They actually said that? I know that they play the games, but do they really watch the games? They were totally outplayed! The Angels fumbled and bumbled their way to what? One win in extra innings! PLEASE GO HOME AND CRY THERE!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Nah! They actually said that? I know that they play the games, but do they really watch the games? They were totally outplayed! The Angels fumbled and bumbled their way to what? One win in extra innings! PLEASE GO HOME AND CRY THERE!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

LACKEY IS A LOSER, period! Go home and cry you baby!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtcat. Show vtcat's posts

What is it with California teams? They are the mouthiest cry babys in the sports world. What the hell have they ever done (Angels, Chargers) to make them think they are worthy of being considered better than perenial winners like the Sox and Pats? Be disappointed, but shut up and get better. You're embarassing yourselves!

Sections
Shortcuts