1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

Last night against the Rays

Ortiz, Bay, Lowell and Youk go a total of 0-17 last night.

These four will need to step in up to get it done, tough loss last night!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

C'mon. That was a really well pitched game on both sides. Do you really think Youk, Bay, Ortiz and Youk are gonna have ofers at the same time very often? Theres not exactly a trend here. They have been hitting well. Every time we lose a tough game, its a sign of the apocalypse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

We lost 2 tough games in a row to HR's from TB. I have total faith in the SOX its just tough to lose 2 nights in a row especially when the big guys go 0-17. My point was that these guys are the core and need to start to coming up big. I have faith in all of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MannyManic. Show MannyManic's posts

I was at Fenway until the (very) bitter end. It became apparent right around the 12th inning that either bullpen, sometime soon, was going to crack and it was just a matter of which bullpen. It happened to be ours. I don't think the Rays necessarily played a much better game than we did. It was like a pick-up-stick game or tic-tac-toe or checkers. Timlin's pitch was a good pitch, and I can't believe Pena got it, but he did and that's that.

Regardless, it was awful. Especially watching the Rays chest thumping each other and jumping like little kids. Bleah.

What a long ride home.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

A lot of posters managed to blame Terry or Timlin, but I think the fault, if there is one, lies with the offense. They just didn't show up, and yes, I know that the Rays' pitching had everything to do with that. But is their pen really that good to shut the door for that many innings?

Not much production the previous night, either.

Maybe the Yankees will do us a favor and take a few from TB. We'll need their help with Toronto coming to town, and then it's down to Tampa. Better keep an eye on the Twins, too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuck45. Show chuck45's posts

Hi SOX fans .Well i hate Timlin and his excuses.He says he threw a good pitch too Pena,HA HA what about the 2 previous hitters who got on base,were those good pitches .???????Please get him off this team.The only time he gets outs is when SOX have huge leads.GO SOX

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote]I am a Rays Fan. Lots of good pitching on both sides. It just came down to someone had to lose. Our relief pitching held out longer than the Bosox last night.

You think the hitters were not trying their best? Remember ..... Good pitching normally beats good hitting.[/Quote]

quit being a condescending bore. i'd rather read troll droppings than this cliched tripe. the sox lost because they have a 'coma'tose manager.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

[Quote]In the 11th inning last night's game. Dustin hits a leadoff double then they walk Ortiz with none out WHY THE HELL was'nt Youk dropping a bunt down? Instead he grounds into a double play. It was a very bad coaching discision.[/Quote]

You are 100% correct that it was a HORRIBLE coaching decision to not bunt then. We were in sudden death overtime, runners on 1st+2nd with nobody out, and moving the runners to 2nd and 3rd would require the defense to bring the infield in to protect the plate. DUH!!!! There was literally no other decision to be made there. But Terry chose one of his hunches over established baseball logic, and it cost us the game. And for those who would blame this on the Bill James anti bunting philosophy, I'd caution you that even the most hardcore Jamesian would agree that bunting in the final half of an extra inning game, when down by 1 run or less, nobody out, and runners on 1st and 2nd, is the obvious move to make. Nope-this was Francona's foolish decision making costing yet another game. Oh, and do you notice the almost complete silence from Terry's usual hardcore defenders? It's because there is no reasonable way to defend him on this one. They can only hope this issue passes away soon because it reveals just how weak Terry's ingame managing skills are. Last night was criminal in magnitude.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

[Quote]Hi SOX fans .Well i hate Timlin and his excuses.He says he threw a good pitch too Pena,HA HA what about the 2 previous hitters who got on base,were those good pitches .???????Please get him off this team.The only time he gets outs is when SOX have huge leads.GO SOX[/Quote]

Then you must have gotten a kick out of his post-game comments last nite.

Mike said he "pitched well"!

It's just that that sinker that should have been a pop-up got 'lifted somehow".

However, all his other pitches were fine. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Quite a shock to the system I'm sure as it's usually your hometown team supplying the dramaqueen tired act. As for the long ride....glad to hear it.

A trash talking Rays fan....how humorous

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gullbeer10. Show gullbeer10's posts

Every other coach in the league would have bunted Pedroia over to third. PERIOD. Why? Because it was the right call to make. I like Francona, I really do, but his continued reluctance to bunt guys over in the situations that absolutely demand it is both repetitive and maddening. And, in the handful of times I've witnessed him "pass" on bunting in these situations the Sox have gone on to lose in similar fashion. Timlin never should have been in there pitching in the first place because the 14th inning should never have occurred. I don't give a sh%& if Youk isn't a great bunter, but you have to get the bunt down in that kind of situation...again I say, PERIOD!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scoobydew. Show scoobydew's posts

MLB will make sure the Sox and Yankees can buy the Rays talent. Salary cap time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

Last night's offensive performance isn't that much of a surprise. All season long the Sox' hitters have fattened their averages when facing mediocre pitchers and have underperformed whenever they've been up against quality pitching.
    If you check out the number of comeback wins the Rays have had this year, I think it isn't wrong to say that the best team won last night.
    Finally, what happened wasn't Timlin's fault. Timlin should only be used to rest the other pitchers on the team, when a game is already lost, or with a huge lead. The guy(s) who put him in the game last night should be blamed instead.

den666

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbirdfrank. Show tbirdfrank's posts

It's all Jacoby's fault. Just blame him. Those on these boards will soon enough. I admit his hitting has not been what I thought it would be this season. But his baserunning and glove are winning us games. Take that!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[Quote]
    MLB will make sure the Sox and Yankees can buy the Rays talent. Salary cap time.
    [/Quote]

It won't be MLB that does it ... more like the only 13,000 fans that show up for games because of that torrid 45 minute drive from Tampa!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

[Quote]I am a Rays Fan. Lots of good pitching on both sides. It just came down to someone had to lose. Our relief pitching held out longer than the Bosox last night.

You think the hitters were not trying their best? Remember ..... Good pitching normally beats good hitting.[/Quote]

Congrats OKEH on the big win. I have been to some Rays games against the Sox this year and they are definitely for real. You should be proud of your teams performance in this series and for the year. And don't think we Sox fans don't respect the fact that you guys are accomplishing all this on less than a 3rd of our teams budget. Don't get me wrong-we plan to kick your asses in the playoffs! But you guys are a good team with decent fans who've endured alot. /respect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

NNY-2 = Transplanted moron! Take the scum out of the city and he's still scum. Typical!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MannyManic. Show MannyManic's posts

[Quote]
    Quite a shock to the system I'm sure as it's usually your hometown team supplying the dramaqueen tired act. As for the long ride....glad to hear it.[/Quote]

That's pretty funny. Since you're a TB fan, maybe you could explain why TB had the entire infield take the mound every single one of our at bats. Are they so stupid that they have to group huddle every 5 minutes? It was freakin' Yankee-annoying. The game would have been over by 11 PM if they could have gotten their sh1t together before the game instead of during it.