1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Lead down to 4 games

The Red Sox lost to the Orioles 6-3 Sunday as the Yankees swept the Cleveland Indians to climb to within 4 games of the AL East lead. If you had to pick ONE, what is the biggest problem for the Red Sox right now? How can it be fixed? If you were forced to answer today, which team will win the AL East this year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

Lead down to 4 games

NO CLUTCH HITTNG. MANNY AND ORTIZ SEEM TO BE IN DECLINE!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4of11. Show 4of11's posts

Lead down to 4 games

To all fans who said that any team can beat any team and the schedule evens out at the end of the year good call. To the people who do not understand baseball and kept saying that RS would definatley beat the O's and the NYY were done when they start playing Tor and then the Tribe and so on, try watching baseball for more than 1 year you Morons, you dont know anything. I know RS fans are upset but I still say 2 from East get in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox1489. Show bosox1489's posts

Lead down to 4 games

If you had to pick ONE, what is the biggest problem for the Red Sox right now? How can it be fixed?

I'd pick FranCOMA, today was another perfect example of him falling a sleep in charge...

Runs at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out...I don't care if that batter is hitting .200 you walk him to create the force at home or a DP... once you walk that batter you bring in Paplebon to shut the door... (Yet FranComa did nothing, oh wait he had to keep telling Manny to move out, yet Manny was right to move in, there was no way he could throw Patterson out by moving back, Patterson is to fast).

How to fix it? great question fire a manager with the best record in baseball, I'd have to look it up to see if its every been done...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Lead down to 4 games

drop back 7 and punt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmierz. Show bmierz's posts

Lead down to 4 games

Give the Yankees their best pick up for the strecth run... Eric Gagne...... or maybe we should say Gag'me.... dont we have an allstar setup guy in Okajima.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thecomedybarbarian. Show thecomedybarbarian's posts

Lead down to 4 games

The Red Sox biggest problem is that they suck.

BUMS!!! BUMS!!! BUMS!!!!!

I want Kason Gabbard back!

Manny is a lazy oaf, Timlin stinks, and jd drew isn't worth 14 bucks a year.

Go Pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boissroy. Show boissroy's posts

Lead down to 4 games

The biggest problem is that the Sox blew it when they didn't get a bat at the deadline, plain and simple!!! I would bring up Clay now, get rid of Pena and Hinske. Then add Ellsbury. And while we are at it, get a manager who plays to win, fire Francona!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seatomt. Show seatomt's posts

Lead down to 4 games

It is terribly hard to see what Francona is thinking. On the post game show, it was sugested that he was trying to give Gagne a chance to redeem himself. PLEASE, is he kidding. We need consistency in the manager--someone needs to talk to HIM.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmierz. Show bmierz's posts

Lead down to 4 games

FranComa ... has his issues but where is the Boy Blunder , Theo who picked up Drew, Lugo and Gagne... big help..... start at the top if you are going to clean house

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gadsmartin. Show gadsmartin's posts

Lead down to 4 games

The same team who won it last year. THE YANKS. It hurts me to say this, but unless the Sox get their act together, it will be another disappointing year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_64648. Show user_64648's posts

Lead down to 4 games

These guys need a spark. This team seems to have a very low energy level. NIGHT AND DAY from 2004. Bring Ellsbury back... remember the buzz he created out on the field. Coco was hot for a while but he has cooled off and his personality seems like a buzz kill. They need a leadoff man that can make things happen. Delcarmen instead of Gagne handsdown. Give Bucholz at least one look very soon.

This team does not seem to have much personality and I fear that could be the thing that breaks them down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fmckenney. Show fmckenney's posts

Lead down to 4 games

Franconia!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mdiddy. Show mdiddy's posts

Lead down to 4 games

THEO EPSTEIN SUCKS!!!!!!

GAGNE - TAKE A BOW THEO JUST LIKE THE LOSER TRADE FOR SUPPAN

I WON'T EVEN MENTION DREW.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

Lead down to 4 games

Such a strange season, and yet so typical and indeed predictable. How did we go from being the best team in BB (OK, we still are technically) to suddenly being about the flattest bunch of losers you would ever want to see, especially after having just picked up a legendary reliever? Did we really need one? Obviously not. The game is all about confidence and momentum. And that's so hard to get back once you lose it. You could pretty much see the Sox start coasting in July, and then start looking into the rear-view mirror about a month ago when NY got within single digits. From then it's just been a self-fulfilling prophecy. And yet as recently as a week ago we were proclaiming the Sox WS champs with the best bullpen in history and still had a healthy 7 game lead. So how important is chemistry? Obviously it's huge. And yes, francoma is managing like a total idiot. But it seems like the spirit and momentum are much more important than that, and they're gone. That said, it is not too late to turn it around! But something has to be done. Bring up a fresh bat and bench the losers! Not Lugo, who at least has his flashes and streaks. Has JD drew even had a streak this year? No. WMP will never be an every day player. Make the moves now, while there's still time to conceivably get the momentum back. We're still pretty much the same team we were when we were up by 14 games, same personnel basically.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

Lead down to 4 games

I think I heard Theo's voice from his office when Gagne gave up the 2-run homer.

GAGNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully, the Sox will not use Gagne in any pressure situations for the next week or so if at all. Gagne has taken a strength of the Red Sox and single-handedly turned it into a weakness. A neighbor of mine is inclined to say that Gagne is playing hurt and I personally wouldn't be surprised to hear if that is the case. We should have won all three games so far against these Orioles instead of being down 1-2 in the series so far.

Oh well, I think it is "the team had a 2 hour meeting before the game time" time to see what they can do to straighten out this ship and get on with the winning ways again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from picopico23. Show picopico23's posts

Lead down to 4 games

Finaly!!! the Red sox are looking as the awfull team they are. the second highest payroll in MLB and still strugglin to win agaisnt a sub 500 team. Boston Sox.

A very proud yankees fan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1663367. Show user_1663367's posts

Lead down to 4 games

If you had to pick ONE, what isthe biggest problem for the Red Sox right now?
    Complacency (has been for over 2 months). For instance, the manager has "rested" players for the playoffs, etc., without really seriously thinking that the Sox would not make it to the post-season. Jeter and A-Rod don't "rest"--nor do they want to.
    How can it be fixed?
    If the Yankees' charge for the division title doesn't fix their complacency, nothing will.
    Ifyou were forced to answer TODAY, which team will win the AL East thisyear?
    The Yankees.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from drhha. Show drhha's posts

Lead down to 4 games

Fire Francona NO BUNTS No way can He handle the pitching in the right place at the right time. Gagne for giving up a young good left hand prospect GEBBARD.Dont fix the bullpen unless it was broken. He has totally messed up the strategy of winning,pitching moves ,and frequent changing of the lineups. Sure the Yanks are hot,but we still could of had a 7 or 8 game lead with a manager who knows baseball

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from robertrjy. Show robertrjy's posts

Lead down to 4 games

Have i been here before

Signed

Marty McFly

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from german. Show german's posts

Lead down to 4 games

Bravo to the fans questioning Terry Francona. You really need to start looking at him as a factor. We have a top 3 team in baseball and continue to play flat and without a sense of urgency add that to some serious fundamental errors lately and it all spells out C-O-A-C-H-I-N-G. I also agree with Pappi and Manny not being feared by the rest of the league anymore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from t8tjt. Show t8tjt's posts

Lead down to 4 games

Take your pick.

A poorly managed, poorly disciplined, nop patience at the plate, non clutch hitting team!

When is Francoma going to burst a gasket in the club house and light a fire under these guys (Lugo - cant even bunt, JD - mailing it in, Ortiz - swinging at anything, and, I am getting tired of the hystrionics after each popout and strikeout, Ramirez - not Mr. October thats for sure and a few others)?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from plove11. Show plove11's posts

Lead down to 4 games

Stupid move! Why are you going to take out Okajima and put in Gagne who has not gotten comfortable yet? Stick with what has worked all season. Gagne is not the Gagne of '03.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe2023soc. Show joe2023soc's posts

Lead down to 4 games

Seriously guys calm the hell down. Gagne has had some rough outings, but you always want to give up on a guy after a couple of bad starts.. What about pedroria, who everyone wanted to get rid of in the first 50 games. What about Delcarmen, who everyone wanted to trade before he came through in a couple of games. What about tavarez, who had a rough year last year. The point is we are still 4 games up, and have a lighter schedule than the yankees down the stretch. Relax, drew & lugo are starting to get hot. Stop crying, and let it play out. Gagne will get back into himself after a couple of 7th inning outings.