1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patafan. Show patafan's posts

LETS FACE IT

WAS WATCHING THE GAME , HAD TO SHUT IT OFF . WITH TEK UNABLE TO HIT A BEACH BALL  AND MANNY UNABLE TO HIT A FAST BALL DOWN THE MIDDLE TIME AND TIME AGAIN . NOW WE HAVE TO WATCH OUR RELIEVERS NOT ABLE TO THROW STRIKES , I HAD TO SHUT IT OFF . NOW I KNOW ITS NOT OVER , BUT I DO NOT FEEL A COMEBACK IS GOING TO HAPPEN .I HOPE I WAKE UP TOMMOROW AND FIND WE DID WIN , IF NOT I WILL HAVE TO GO TO WORK AND FACE MY FELLOW WORKERS . THAT MIGHT NOT SOUND TO BAD BUT I LIVE IN FLORIDA . ALL THIS WEEK I HAD TO LISTEN TO THEM  ABOUT THE " SWEEP " . I WAS PRAYING WE COULD WIN AT LEAST ONE GAME SO AS I COULD TELL THEM WHERE TO STICK THEIR BROOM .

OH WELL SUCH IS LIFE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deckman. Show deckman's posts

LETS FACE IT

I knew when it came down to the bullpens to decide the game WE WERE COOKED

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patafan. Show patafan's posts

LETS FACE IT

LIKE A MAINE LOBSTER

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPstateNYsoxfan. Show UPstateNYsoxfan's posts

LETS FACE IT

they are a ny sweep away from being the blue jays

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPstateNYsoxfan. Show UPstateNYsoxfan's posts

LETS FACE IT

and that was a great move, lowell out by a mile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goznes. Show goznes's posts

LETS FACE IT

Since Tek is in a slump, why not have Casey pinch hit for him in the nineth. There is a nother catcher available.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patafan. Show patafan's posts

LETS FACE IT

NOW I WILL HAVE TO BUY ONE OF THOSE SPECIAL PATS TEE SHIRTS , YOU KNOW , THE ONE THAT SAYS I EAT HUMBLE PIE . PROBLEM IS I HATE PIE     UGHHHHH

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

LETS FACE IT

[Quote]Since Tek is in a slump, why not have Casey pinch hit for him in the nineth. There is a nother catcher available.[/Quote]  My thoughts exactly with Kash on the bench why not pinch hit Casey for Tek, thats what I thought Francoma was going to do but for some reason he leaves Tek in who couldnt hit a beach ball with a tennis racket right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from roberr48. Show roberr48's posts

LETS FACE IT

Someone needs to introduce Terry to Casey..............."He hits the ball Hard"....Tek "hardly hits the ball"..... This is Nuts!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

LETS FACE IT

[Quote]and that was a great move, lowell out by a mile[/Quote]    the first great move was to remove dice-k, i still don't know why SIT & SPIT took dice-k out........the next great managerial move, was to let tek bat in the 9th!!! where was casey???????  and i guess SIT & SPIT  thought a hit and run was in order???? we'll never know, but as i have stated so many times before, and will continue to say........SIT & SPIT IS ONE OF THE WORST IN-GAME MANAGERS IN BASEBALL!!!!!!!!   i don't believe the sox are going to be able to overcome his buffoonery this year.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unhgrad. Show unhgrad's posts

LETS FACE IT

I am beyond stunned. I don't

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dewey024. Show dewey024's posts

LETS FACE IT

Looks like FRANCOMA is back.No Casey for Varitek? Lowell runs again after he just was gassed on the foul ball? Hansen stays in throwing like that? Aardsma comes out after getting Gomes? Is it time to get something for Hansen/Delcarmen? I mean we could have gotten a bunch  a couple years back.I just don't see them developing into people you can depend on in pressure situations.I kind of expected Okie to get hit this year after everyone had a chance to see him last year.We definitely need relief help and a bat off the bench if we're going anywhere.I mean Cora,Cash, Casey, who's that gonna scare?
    Youk can plan on more free trips if Tek' stays where he is in the order.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Captain313. Show Captain313's posts

LETS FACE IT

[Quote]    the first great move was to remove dice-k, i still don't know why SIT & SPIT took dice-k out........the next great managerial move, was to let tek bat in the 9th!!! where was casey???????  and i guess SIT & SPIT  thought a hit and run was in order???? we'll never know, but as i have stated so many times before, and will continue to say........SIT & SPIT IS ONE OF THE WORST IN-GAME MANAGERS IN BASEBALL!!!!!!!!   i don't believe the sox are going to be able to overcome his buffoonery this year.......[/Quote]You are right, 1941. The Sox don't have Big Papi to bail out Francona right now. The big question is whether Big Papi can return. If  Epstein bags this year like he did in 2006, Sox fans should get their ticket money back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

LETS FACE IT

• [Quote]they are a ny sweep away from being the blue jays[/Quote] 
    • did you see how many runs theYanks scored tonite ?? more
    • than the Sox scored in the last 5 games.  Look for NY to
    • sweep or at least take 3/4.  By Monday, the sox will be
    • in third place and heading down. Seriously tho, I hope that
    • does not happen and we show some real guts and play
    • the Yanks tough.  Reality says we have no relief pitching 
    • even if we do get a lead, so that's where it's so bleak.
    • These two kids, Del Carmen and Hansen looked like deer
    • caught in the headlights against a team....lets face it...is
    • not the Yanks, or the Angels  ; the Rays are good, but these
    • kids just imploded.. I don't know whether it was nerves
    • or if they are just not that good.  Sad fact is, we have no
    • one else. They were the main 2 guys in the pen and even
    • Okajima has not been any great shakes lately. 
    • Too bad we can's send Pedroia up to bat 9 times a game.
    • dustin, drew, lowell and moss are the only guys hitting
    • their weight.  Youk tried hard and missed a game tier
    • but Upton foiled us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

LETS FACE IT

[Quote]Not only does he let Tek hit, but he puts Lowell in motion?  Horrible.[/Quote]  Yeah I have no idea why Francoma put Lowell in motion with Tek at the plate hitting .217!  Tek is a good fielding Catcher but the guys hitting ability has really diminished.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

LETS FACE IT

[Quote]I have an idea, Make tek the bench coach while replacing him with Cash,that way he can call the pitches from the dugout.  Its a win-winsituation, you replace him with a marginal better hitter in the lineupwhile keeping his "game calling" skills in the game.  While he's at it,he can keep cheerleading the rest of the bench lilke a good captain heis and maybe tell Youk to do his job and see if they duke it out.  Whowill win Youk or Tek, no catching gear this time.[/Quote]

I think that the best idea i have heard so far

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chick92. Show chick92's posts

LETS FACE IT

the last five games varitek 0 for 16     9 strikeouts   12 lob. Is this the guy we want up in this situation when you have casey on the bench hitting over 350 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carleverettwasright. Show carleverettwasright's posts

LETS FACE IT

There seems to be a lack of heart in each loss. It's not all 25 guys but it's there and you can tell. The Rays played well during this series but not well enough to sweep. This is not the way that you want to go into NY for 4 games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

LETS FACE IT

Glaucoma's worst game as the RS manager. Circumstances in mind, that hit-and-run made absolutely no sense. Allowing Tek to bat was discomforting enough on its own. This was an embarrassing loss. I've damn near run out of hope with Hansen. Tek (more than anyone), Manny, Ellsbury, MDC...they've all played huge roles in this 5 game losing streak. Varitek is unbelievable right now. Just send him up with a piece of plywood next time. NO WAY Cash is a lesser alternative at this point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsydla. Show jsydla's posts

LETS FACE IT

you guys are a bunch of whining jerks. big  wow.  we're 4 games behind the unbeateable tampa bay rays. call the season off. 

you're ready to trade a hall of famer,  two first year relievers, and the guy that's punched Arod in the face for a 6-6 series to a team managed by an old man in queer glasses.  stop the crying and take the beatings like a freaking man.  they happen in every championship season .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

LETS FACE IT

[Quote]Since Tek is in a slump, why not have Casey pinch hit for him in the nineth. There is a nother catcher available.[/Quote]

I was actually screaming that at the TV - lol!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

LETS FACE IT

[Quote]you guys are a bunch of whining jerks. big  wow.  we're 4 games behind the unbeateable tampa bay rays. call the season off. 

you're ready to trade a hall of famer,  two first year relievers, and the guy that's punched Arod in the face for a 6-6 series to a team managed by an old man in queer glasses.  stop the crying and take the beatings like a freaking man.  they happen in every championship season .[/Quote]

A little crude, but hard to argue with the logic. Let's talk again in September....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from badgealbert. Show badgealbert's posts

LETS FACE IT

GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE AGREES WITH ME THAT FRANCOMA IS THE WORST MGR IN BASEBALL .WHEN THE SOX  WIN [LATELY THAT IS NOT VERY OFTEN] THEY WIN IN SPITE OF HIM!!!! BY THE WAY PEDRORIA IS THE ONLY PLAYER ON THE TEAM WHO NEEDS TO BE A STARTER IN THE ALL STAR GAME

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from badgealbert. Show badgealbert's posts

LETS FACE IT

THAT OLD MAN IN QUEER GLASSES MAKES THE POOR EXCUSE OF A MGR THAT WE HAVE LOOK LIKE SOME ONE WHO REALLY KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT BASEBALL WHICH FRANCOMA SURE AS HELL DOESN'T

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

LETS FACE IT

[Quote]  My thoughts exactly with Kash on the bench why not pinch hit Casey for Tek, thats what I thought Francoma was going to do but for some reason he leaves Tek in who couldnt hit a beach ball with a tennis racket right now.[/Quote]

Paul and the rest of my friends----rest assured, Francona will NEVER pinch hit for Varitek.  I am convinced he cannot do it because he doesn't want to hurt his feelings.  Francona is that way and he won;t change.  Only if Varitek is traded, released or let go to FA will that option be taken away from Francona.  I also noticed that Manny once again got smoked, this  time five times.  They are blowing the ball by the guy and I'm beginning to think it is time for him to go.

Sections
Shortcuts