1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

LISTEN UP...............

I have kind of been on the back burner the last couple weeks just observing people comments . Some of you people are your basic trolls and some of you are the most synical fans of Earth. In the last 7 plus years we have won three SuperBowls and lost another. We had had two winning steaks of 20 plus games in the regular season . And went 18-0 last year and were 35 seconds away from being undefeated. Cut these guys some slack. Do I like the way they are playing? Absolutely not but I stick by them and cheer for them win or lose and we haven't done the later alot around here in years. Half the teams in the NFL have never been to the Super Bowl period. Take away Brady and the team is still very talented . There is an adjustment period that they are going to go through with Cassell and we are still seeing it. Cassell is going to be the qb so give up on the Dante threads( he can't learn the playbook) Oconnell threads( he is a rookie and doesn't know half the plays) Cassell is it. The next time you people think we stink and suck go pluck in a VCR tape of the 1980 Pats wiith Tommy Hodson and Stephan Starring. Half you guys don't know who they are .Stop your belly aching and root for your team win , lose or draw.Real fans do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

LISTEN UP...............

I agree but people are allowed to speak their minds thats doesnt make them any less of a fan then you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

LISTEN UP...............

speak your mind............but these people talk foolishness . Trade for this guy.......Sign that guy..............We have who we have and thats it.........speak your mind on these guys but remember what they have done for us the last few years...........these fans are spoiled..........period

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

LISTEN UP...............

Oh no doubt they are spoiled and most of them are fairweather fans 100% and boy oh boy am i happy the trade deadline is over because i also was so sick of hearing "trade for Garcia" when anyone who knows anything knew that Garcia was not the man for the job in NE due to the fact that he is a west coast offense QB and he always has been, but what I mean is there are people who are legit fans and have some good points about say firing Dean Pees for example that shoudnt be lumped in with those pink haters you know what i mean? I am just saying not everyone who questions the teams direction is acting foolish.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

LISTEN UP...............

t

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

LISTEN UP...............

[Quote]Oh no doubt they are spoiled and most of them are fairweather fans 100% and boy oh boy am i happy the trade deadline is over because i also was so sick of hearing "trade for Garcia" when anyone who knows anything knew that Garcia was not the man for the job in NE due to the fact that he is a west coast offense QB and he always has been, but what I mean is there are people who are legit fans and have some good points about say firing Dean Pees for example that shoudnt be lumped in with those pink haters you know what i mean? I am just saying not everyone who questions the teams direction is acting foolish.[/Quote]

The whole Kitna thread was totally ridiculous. I'd rather ride the Cassell pony to the finish line instead of reaching for those other retreads.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tredawnt. Show tredawnt's posts

LISTEN UP...............

Bravo! I've been sitting back observing also. If they had a icon on here for clapping hands I'd use that, but they don't. That was well said EASON! Bill Belichick is who it is, and he's going to do whats best for the team. Matt Cassel is the QB, and that's it. The Patriots may surprise, even without our loving QB Brady at the helm. This season is full of ups and downs, with many rocky turns ahead. What I look forward to, is seeing this team as a whole pull together and play to their potential, like we know they are all capable of doing. There is still time for improvement, not just with one player, but with the whole team.

Oh, and do we have to talk about that Tommy Hodson tape? lol uggg! Oh the 7/8 years of luxury the Patriots fans have had over the years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

LISTEN UP...............

What Kitna thread?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

LISTEN UP...............

I've been a Patsfan since 1983, so I'm far from being a bandwagon fan. I'm just in the camp that Brady is the greatest ever and better than most people in the media and even some Patsfan give him credit for. After going through years of misery with the Pats, I want to enjoy the "Brady era" and when you see him getting knocked around like a rag doll and the coaches doing nothing about to address this issue, it pisses me off.
    During the Brady era, we have seen him take a team from last place to a superbowl victory, and we hear good QB, but genius coaches.
    He nearly took a team with Reche Caldwell as his #1 to a superbowl championship, until of course the defense compeletly falls apart. Now it's very good QB just not as good as Peyton, but still genius coach. Then it's 18-1 and QB TD records, now its best QB but again the defense falls apart with less than 2 minutes against barely an above average offense. Still a genius! Well I just won't accept Brady carrying a team with so many holes, if he were still playing the Pats would be 5-0, and the holes would be well hidden.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

LISTEN UP...............

[Quote]What Kitna thread?[/Quote]

It was titled, "Make a Move for Kitna". You didn't see it? It's still there in the NFL Section I believe

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

LISTEN UP...............

Hmmmmmmmm. This (and any other thread or bulletin board) would be pretty boring if everybody was all happy, glad, and content with everything the Pats are doing. Think about this, if they were fairweather fans, they all would have left the bandwagon already and not posted anything. Call us all spoiled if you want. It's probably true. So what? If all you want is happy robot posts, go to the happy robot blog. Difference of opinion is what makes these things great to read and to post to. Why do you think trolls love to come here. I've been on other boards and the amount of trolls on them doesn't even compare to Patriot nation's attraction. Also, if your kid is spoiled, that doesn't make him not your kid. And just because fans are spoiled, doesn't mean they're not fans. You can't blame fans for the Pats setting such high expectations. Complaining is part of the game and it doesn't diminish anyone's love of the team. If we didn't love them, we wouldn't complain. So when you see a gripe, that should tell you the person is an adoring fan. Maybe some people take it to an extreme. Again, so what? Just let them vent, they'll get over it. And if they don't, block them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

LISTEN UP...............

Sonny the only reason I say he only knows a small amount of plays in the playbook is because every book I have read on the Pats or on Belicheck or on Brady all say the same thing, Belicheck only lets his rookie QB's learn about less then half the play book. Year one is not about them learn the playbook as we have the biggest playbook in the NFL and they dont want to overwhelm a rookie. Maybe this year they have let him learn more because of teh situation i dont know but in the past rookie QBs have been given the smallest role on the team, it is their job to learn the terminoligy and get up to speed with the pro game and then in year two they hit them with the whole playbook. If you read "Moving the Chains" the Tom Brady story they talk in detail about his rookie year and also in "Patriot Reign" by Mike Holly they also talk a lot about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

LISTEN UP...............

sonny...........back in camp BB stated Oconnell was doing good but is no where near ready to start for this team. Call it what you want but if you think Oconnell knows the playboook you are crazy as BB doesn't give the hole thing to him to begin with............If you think are limited now then we will be handcuffed with O Connell..............

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

LISTEN UP...............

The only way to be able to read and react to opposing defenses is to play in the games. Sure, some guys (i.e. Brady) have more aptitude to learn this, but it's nothing you can glean out of a playbook, or in practice against your own team. I agree Brady has mad leadership skills, but we (or anyone else, for that matter) are not going to stumble across such a player for a long time. So in any case, there will be an "adjustment" or "learning" period no matter who is taking the snaps. I just think Cassel has not had enough time to truly develop. After all, it has only been two losses! Guys like Peyton Manning and Steve Young looked a lot worse in their first year starting! Yet their coaches were wise enough to give them time, even if it meant a subpar season. Now if it gets to be Thanksgiving and the team is 4-7 or 3-8, I'd say let's try O'Connell and get him some real time experience. And let's not forget that in those two losses the defense gave up 68 points! So while Cassel is certainly nowhere near Brady's level, it's not like he alone lost those two games. He does have issues in the red zone, and he will need to improve there. But we certainly shouldn't be putting the blame for those games solely on him. I agree that we all are passionate about our team. And it seems in NE most people are quick to hit the panic button. But they were 5-5 in november of 01, and we all saw how that worked out. Back then Brady did not "carry" the team. Even in the SB seasons of 03-04 the defense was about the stingiest in the league. And guys like Willie Mac and Tedy always stepped up and made huge plays in critical situations. Sure, Brady could cover up a lot of deficiencies with the offense. But we are stuck with Cassel, and the rest of the team needs to step up. In any case, merely replacing him with a rookie is no sure fire way to make this team dominant like it was last season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

LISTEN UP...............

[Quote]Eason
    Do yourself and us a favor and go back to the back burner till you can come up with some intelligent input !! This forum is only for fans that
    have minds of their own and are making their own suggestions as to how to improve over what we are doing now...You see we all don't think the Patriots are doing just nifty like you do !! How do you know OConnell doesn't know half the plays ??? because he's a rookie??? I know we have a more talented team than Atlanta but they have scored more touchdowns than us with a rookie !! How much sense does that make to you foolish ??? Brady is the major difference in the performance of this team because on both sides of the ball, when he is playing they play with the confidence he can bring them back !! Sure I'm spoiled for all those victories in the past ....That's primarily why I'm impatient and embarrassed with the the incompetent clip-board holder pretending to be a quarterback...Especially when he is a free agent at the end of the year
    and will be out of football...If I can't have Brady I would much rather play the quarterback who will be his back-up next year and hopefully many seasons to come......Whether we win or lose Oconnell will be getting valued on the job training that he won't have when Brady comes back !!
    ....or would you want to waste 4 more years to find out all you have is a clip board holder pretending to be a quarterback ...like we now have!![/Quote]

Well said Sonny!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crabcakesandfootball. Show Crabcakesandfootball's posts

LISTEN UP...............

I agree with Eason. I also have lived through the lean years. Success is a great thing but you can't stay on top forever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

LISTEN UP...............

Adam Tom Brady did not start in his rookie season as you implied in te above post he got the start in his second year which is why he knew more of the playbook, if he had started his rookie years he would have only known about 30 or 40 plays out of the playbook and our play book is the biggest in the NFL so that is not many. Brady was still very young and very raw we all know that but he was in year two which means he learned the terminoligy in year one and he picked up the speed of the pro game and then in year two he was given the chance to learn they entire playbook. The same was done for Cassel, in his first year he learned a small part of the playbook and then in year two they gave him the chance to learn the whole thing. O Connel is in the same boat right now, i agree that he has leadership abilitys and I do beleave if we miss the playoffs that he will finish the year but for the time being you got to go with the guy that knows the most about our offense and right now that guy is Cassel, none of us like it i would much rather see o connel in there but right now Cassel is still our best option and our only chance at winning some ball games. If his QB vision gets better as the season goes on Cassel will start changing some minds i think, he is such a good athalete and if he could just get his head on straight he would be a very good QB for this team this year so lets hope he truly is a "work in progress"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

LISTEN UP...............

test

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

LISTEN UP...............

I agree sonny and i was very upset when they didnt let O Connel come into teh San Fran game I mean once we had that game locked up they should have let the rookie get some time in but i guess they think the more snaps the better for Cassel.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

LISTEN UP...............

Dude the 1980 Pats were good. Grogan in his prime.

Try a video tape of the 1990 pats.

And it was Stephens.

But there were similarities between the 1990 squad and the 2008 squad.

Both teams had good offensive talent.

Fryar, Cook and Stephens were a decent set up.

But neither team has a decent QB to distribute the ball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

LISTEN UP...............

adam998,

You are right on, O’Connell could come in and be a raging success compared to the slop Cassell is serving up, the offense is slowly giving up on him. If Kevin comes in and provides energy, passion and the ability to get first downs this whole thing will turn around.

We are still the best team in football with the exception of our QB, if Kevin is half of what Brady gives us it's still good enough to win. I for one agree with EASON11, O’Connell probably does not know the playbook yet but he will know enough of it in another game or two to take over.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

LISTEN UP...............

A little history on how Brady was drafted:

Former assistant coach Dick Rebien scouted Brady, and he told BB and Co.
    "Someday this is going to be a Joe Montana or Brett Favre," BB and Co. followed his advice with the 199th pick. Don't believe me, read it for yourself http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/oconnor/2005-01-31-oconnor_x.htm

Brady is a once in a lifetime player, so don't expect anyone to come in and work anything close to his magic. Fans just have to realize how special Brady is and winning pretty much comes down to keeping him on the field upright with a solid OL and talent at the WR position. Because that's pretty much how the Pats have won all these years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

LISTEN UP...............

god i remember those days in the 70,s,and 80,s.i loved it when we had plunket.i hated it when we got rid of him.loved grogan,morgan-the hog.steve nelson.sam the bam.weve only lost two games no panic mode here.how about 0-5 like those days.then we had reason to complain.finishing the season 2-12,and 4-10.year after year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

LISTEN UP...............

[Quote]god i remember those days in the 70,s,and 80,s.i loved it when we had plunket.i hated it when we got rid of him.loved grogan,morgan-the hog.steve nelson.sam the bam.weve only lost two games no panic mode here.how about 0-5 like those days.then we had reason to complain.finishing the season 2-12,and 4-10.year after year.[/Quote]

Those were great Patriots Moss, but I really wish that the Pats had kept Doug Flutie as QB after '87-88. Doug just never got the respect he deserved because of his height. But he would have been a great QB for the Pats all those years and certainly an easy guy to root for.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajinflorida. Show ajinflorida's posts

LISTEN UP...............

HOW SMART IS BB WHEN HE SAYS CASSEL'S OUR QB? NOT SURPRISING HE LOOKED REAL SMART WHEN COACH HAD TOM BRADY UNDER THE CENTER. ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH THE SEASON, LET'S SEE WHAT THIS REAL SMART COACH WILL HAVE TO SAY.