1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

Lugo may have torn meniscus

This is not what I wanted to hear, when I logged on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from onebadMF. Show onebadMF's posts

Well, that would just put the cherry on the cake for his whole stint in Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from longview1967. Show longview1967's posts

Good thing Nick Green has been coming along. Not that he's going to keep hitting anywhere close to his numbers this spring, but if Lugo goes down he could be a strong backup utility guy (2B and SS). Great story on him a few days ago in the Globe. Turns out none other than our old friend Jimy Williams helped him with his trowing accuracy. Hey, if Lugo is OK, maybe we can get Jimy to work with him....

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2009/03/12/green_not_just_a_throwaway/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Well , it's not like he died.

Most of the Sox fans that post here , hate him anyway and want to get rid of him.

So now that he's going to sidelined for a while , we'll see if the people who think Lowrie should be the #1 SS are right or wrong.

Lugo haters got their wish.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ihatefishing. Show ihatefishing's posts

Crap, how long would he be out for?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Lugo had a great spring. I hope he is not out for long. I have never understood the Lugo haters. He has not been great. But, he goes all out, all the time, is a team guy and gets the run in from 3rd. He makes too many errors but many are the result of range that others would kill to have. I hope he is OK because I want all the Sox healthy for a great 2009.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

jimdavis, it looks like the dinosaur red sox might not make it healthy through spring training. This is going to be a rough year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from longview1967. Show longview1967's posts

Well, as one of the few who predicted that Lugo would have a strong year this year, and who always opposed those who trashed the guy, I can safely place myself outside of the "haters" club. I'm also someone who thought the contract was terrible and there were plenty of warning signs that he was not going to be what the Sox hoped for. So...I've predicted that Lugo will prove me wrong (at least for the last half of his contract), and still hope for it. But if he doesn't, I'm hoping Green keeps developing and he can stand move into the backup role behind Lowrie.

Jim, I think the errors problem has more to do with his judgment once he gets the ball, and his inability to set his feet correctly. His extended range puts him in situations that necessitate better judgement. Nomar had this problem as well. Lugo was working on this just before he got hurt last season, and he didn't make an error in the two weeks before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

There was something written here or at mlb.com about the Sox trying to change his fielding style, but now that they are letting him do it the way he has always done it he has had an error free spring.

He may be back only a week or two into the season - best case scenario (assuming he has a meniscus tear). It would take him time to get back into decent shape - but he might not miss much of the season - hopefully.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT93. Show BurritoT93's posts

Had we actually been counting on this guy, we would be (once again) screwed. Thankfully everyone (and Im guessing the front office would never admit it) had already given up on him last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

It's a relatively short recovery time after surgery so hopefully he can pick up where he left off. Lugo can still help our lineup if he can stay healthy and focused.

Sections
Shortcuts