1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Make your Patriots-Chargers predictions

What's your prediction for Sunday's Patriots-Chargers AFC Championship game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodsport. Show goodsport's posts

I predict Rivers will be standing on the sidelines with a skirt on taunting the fans. LT will be riding the bicycle swearing at Rivers! Merriman will be on the sidelines practicing his sack dance while they are losing 35-7 in the fourth qtr.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Pats - 30

Chargers - 10

3-FG's and Moss/Maroney/Varbel score TD's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbona. Show jbona's posts

Wilfork will take care of Rivers' partially torn ACL and finish the job. Olshansky will be pancaked and put in his place by Logan Mankins, and LT will find something to whine about, per usual. Oh, and the Pats win 38-17 with Maroney putting up another solid 100+ yds and Moss going nuts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodsport. Show goodsport's posts

It would be more fun if Wilfork gave Rivers a partially torn Jaw!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbona. Show jbona's posts

hahaha...yeah it would, and it would def. curtail what he does best, picking fights with drunk fans, and making classless moves towards teams he's beaten. I wonder if he had any choice words for Peyton last week? I wouldn't mind seeing Rodney going helmet-to-helmet or a spear on Rivers. River's is just a lil punk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgrl. Show patsgrl's posts

Patriots 28

Chargers 14

Can't wait!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Patriots- 33

Bolts- 17

Tomlinson states a healthy Charger team would easily beat the Patriots "9 out of 10 times".

Rivers taken away in a straight-jacket at game's end after flipping off Goodell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

Most of the preceding spots embody brash predictions with lobpsided Patriot wins by 30 pts or more. As a sane and sober, reflective Patriots fan, I am not so high on the 'buzz over the top juices" as my fellow fans. I am not so devil-may-care with abandon.

I have studied the Chargers last eight or so games, and - even with the so-called injuries to Rivers, Tomlinson etc. believe they will put up one helluva fight - and even, conceivably prevail.

A. Cromartie is now ferocious and fells receivers like a true bounty hunter. Merriman is damned near unstoppable. Oshansky, despite his mouth, has major hits to back it up. In a word, the Bolt D will be all over Brady and his receivers like so many Blue bottle flies on horse #### come Sunday.

If Rivers is even at 70% he will be able to easily match Brady TD for TD, as opposed to FG for TD - the downfall of the Jags.

WIth Chambers, Gates and others in the backfield, it will be hard for the NE secondary to keep up.

Look also at the Bolts' +48 turnovers in the season. Look for numerous balls to pop out of the hands of: Welker, Gaffney, Stallworth and Moss (I count five drops - mainly from being distracted by this mess in FLA, and the assault charges pending)

As difficult as it is for me to say this, I must therefore change my earlier cautious forecast (33-31 SD win in OT) to:

San Diego 42

Patriots 27

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harrylook. Show harrylook's posts

Pats: 45

Chargers: 35

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

If Rivers is even at 70% he will be able to easily match Brady TD for TD, as opposed to FG for TD - the downfall of the Jags.

You are an IDIOT.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Please, Dribs, pass that bong this way! I haven't had stuff that good since northern CA!!! Chargers 42-27? I think you can take the week off! We have enough legitimate SD trolls here already!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

gfkr2 wrote:

You are an IDIOT

Actually, my verbally-challenged freund, I am a member of Intertel - which only allows those who qualify in the top 1% of intelligence test scores to join. Hence, by definition, I cannot be an "idiot".

I agree that you are fully entitled to your personal opinions, but ad hominems should not be among them. It shows a childish, immature mind and one that is unable to make its case using language and reasoning. In other words, it discloses mental liability.

Now, if you are capable of making the case of why you believe my take to be astoundingly incorrect, please make it.

But if all you can do is invoke ad hominems, I shall have to conclude that you are incapable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from onkelbob. Show onkelbob's posts

San Diego 0 0 7 0 7
    New England 10 7 3 7 27

Passing: Att Comp TD Int
    Rivers 4 10 0 1
    Volek 5 15 1 1

Brady 27 19 2 0

Rushing
    Att Yards Avg TD
    Tomlinson 20 71 3.55 0
    Turner 12 61 5.08 0

Maroney 22 130 5.9 1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Good for you. Your sports i.q. does not seem up to snuff however.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

Actually, my verbally-challenged freund

I think the word is spelled "friend" mr. top 1%

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

Nice stats, but they don't make your case. There are two different teams now. SD is not that team that was shellacked back then.

And the Pats are not so good. Go back and look at all their close games, where they narrowly escaped - espcially the Ravens game on Dec. 3rd. The Ravens actually had the game WON and the Pats ousted from their perfect season with 1:44 left. The ratbirds had stopped the Pats on 4th down.

However, Buddy Ryan called a timeout so it was for naught. Again, on the next play the Ravens stopped Brady & Co. on 4th down - but a "false start" was called. Thus, the Pats got two luycky breaks in a short space.

Then Brady scampered for 12 yards, but by all rights, the game ought to have been finished. The Ravens flopping on the ball.

The series of close latter half of season games shows the Pats are vulnerable SD will exploit that.

Btw, check out how SD crushed the Ravens, as opposed to Brady & Co., narrowly averting disaster - along with some helpful calls from the Zebras. (like that other twitchy 4th down "defensive holding" call on the Ravens' safety with 1:00 left.

Bottom line: using that early SD-NE game does not an argument make.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

13lucky wrote:

Actually, my verbally-challenged freund

I think the word is spelled "friend" mr. top 1%

Err...... not in German (auf Deutsch) my good FREUND!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

The series of close latter half of season games shows the Pats are vulnerable SD will exploit that.

Incorrect my dear genius. What this shows is that the Pats can take the very best anyone can throw at them and still win. They can win the close games or of course the blowout method!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Speaking of a genius, an SD would win would mean that Norv Turner is a better coach than Belichick??? I DONT think so......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from onkelbob. Show onkelbob's posts

Ich glaube einen Scheissebauer reichen...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

droogoy
    Send E-Mail
    Add To Friends
    Ignore Posts
    Expert Troll enters the discussion.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

That's just his name this week. Remember "Cleaveland Steamer"?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cab02149. Show cab02149's posts

Too much commercial time. I don't care what happens.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Patriots win 34-24.

With lots of crying and stamping of feet on the visitor sideline when the final whistle blows.