1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Make your Patriots-Chargers predictions

Lot's of talk about meeting #1, the two teams are not the same teams as in that meeting. Well, that is true. Both the Pats and the Bolts are better than that meeting, but a slight twist.. the Pats are the healthier team and that is the difference in this game. The cold will affect both teams. Both teams are motivated by the same goal, making it to the SB and winning that game. No one can say either team is hungrier. Unfortunately for the Bolts, you have your ready made excuses in hand if they lose if Rivers, Tomlinson and Gates are unable to contribute fully due to their injuries. With that said....

It will be cold and windy and we have seen how the wind affected Brady's passing going long. But, I think he will continue to be successful at the "dink and dunk" game, which no team has really been able to defend. Add the fact they have amped up the running game, something the Bolts did not see in game # 2. The Bolts D is the same D that faced them in game #2... how much different can they defend? The Pats D, on the other hand, now have Seymour and Harrison back, elbeit, they are missing Colvin. The Bolts O is banged up. Bolts have a tough road. This game will not be the blow-out many Pats fans seem to think here with the Pats going into the 40's.. I think the Pats D will keep the Bolts offense from scoring... my prediction. Pats comfortably 27 - 10.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cityrooster1. Show cityrooster1's posts

it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open it and remove all doubt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

tulsabulldog58 wrote:

So by elementary logic......seems the Pats know how to win Low Scoring games as well

Whatta maroon........LOLOL

Please! You're making my sides split with laughter. You can't be serious! Go back and play tapes of the three "closest" Pats' games whrerein they snared victory usually in the last 11 minutes. Check out the Eagles game, the Ravens' game, the Giants' games in particular.

In each case you will find critical ref calls in those time segments that arguably altered the momentum for the Pats and turned the game in their favor. Without those calls, what happens? Likely a Pats' loss.

Example: Dec. 3rd there is 1:44 left in the Ravens' game Baltimore stops NE on 4th down. Game over? No, it turns out an impromptu time out was called by D coach Ryan. So the down is replayed.

The ratbirds AGAIN stop the Pats on 4th down. But WHOA Nellie! The Ref calls a "false start" on the Pats which allows the down to be replayed. The Pats get another chance they wouldn't have otherwise. This time Brady scampers for 12 yards and a conversion.

Three plays later, it is again 4th down and Brady hurls a pass into the flat. The play is broken up by the Ravens' safety. It appears now, with 0:23 left the game is indeed finally over, advantage Ravens. But no. A yellow flag is tossed, and the defender is called for "defensive holding". Brady and the Pats go on two plays later and win with a toss to Gaffney.

My point"? Subtract at least two critical, game-changing calls and the Pats are losers. That is, earning 'Ls' as in big losers. Even my NFL rule-embracing wife admitted that calls should never determine the outcome - especially "twitchy" calls as Steve Young described them afterwards.

Now, go back and look at the Eagles' game and you will not similar calls in the 4th quarter on defenders that were just as twitchy and marginal - though not nearly as critical in respect of time or distance as the ones vs. the ratbirds.

My point? The Pats were beneficiaries of a number of game changing marginal calls which led directly to their victories.

Your "argument" about our Patriots winning in low scoring scenarios might have value IF we can replay those games, especially the last quarters - minus the twitchy calls. But since we can't, your argument cannot be won. All you can do is offer irrational speculations. Methinks you are the one "marooned' here, maestro.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

daveandeliz wrote:

Intertel - a group whose membership is comprised of those who couldn't get into Mensa.

Actually, you have it back-asswards. maestro. Mensans (accepted at the top TWO pct. for their organization) cannot get into Intertel (accepted at top ONE pct.) - that is unless they can provide the IQ scores to show they qualify for Intertel too.

I was and still am a member of Mensa as well as Intertel. I joined Intertel because I didn't want to only be in an organization of the top 2%, but of the top 1% as well.

Comprehende?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Are you here to talk football or damn Mensa? Jeez.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

gfkr2 wrote:

Are you here to talk football or damn Mensa? Jeez.

Talk football! I merely provided a brief retort to a slur on Intertel and its members. (Btw, I'd never "damn" Mensa since I am still a member of it!)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangormath. Show bangormath's posts

If our Pats avoid turnovers, they will win by a large margin. Pats 38 Bolts 17.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Patriots- 33

Chargers-17

What Tomlenassin excuse this time? What implodes first, Rivers knee or his head?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fendrguitplayr. Show fendrguitplayr's posts

I predict that it will be cold at Foxboro, but NE wins 31-24. I'd love to see a Favre and Brady matchup in the SuperBowl at Arizona on Feb 3rd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Everyone likes to talk about how SD is so much better than they were in week two. Well, guess what? Harrison and Seymour didn't play in that game. Granted, Sammy Morris and Rosie Colvin are gone from that week two roster, but I'd take #37 and #93 instead any day (assuming Rodney can keep the personal fouls to a respectable number).

And after watching replays of the last SD/NE playoff game, I can only marvel at how much better the Pats are this year. It's not just the receivers, either. Brady is completely on another level. We've gotten used to it this year, but to go back and see the contrast from a year ago is remarkable.

As for game predictions, I anticipate a game that played out very much like last week's Pats/Jags game--close in the first half and then the Pats put it away in the second half. There may be some tense moments or freakish plays--maybe SD scores on special teams, or strip sack TD (god forbid), but in the end NE has the talent to overcome even a couple cheap scores.

Other predictions:

1. Rivers will start and the media will act like he's Willis Reed coming out for game 7
    2. Rivers won't finish the game (damaged knee or ego)
    3. Turner finishes with more yards than LdT
    4. Posters will continue to spew hate about topics that have nothing to do with football
    5. Gaffney has a big game, at least 1 TD
    6. Pats get more sacks than SD
    7. There will be at least two post-play skirmishes, one with Mankins on O, one with Rodney on D
    8. Gostkowski is perfect on the day
    9. Sideline cameras will cut between the thermometer and steam coming from SD players on the well-heated bench
    10. Depending on the wind, I see 31-21 Pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Thanks for the gossip column insights. And those have what to do with this football game?

This doesn't belong here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

So what do these facts have to do with playing a football game today?? You should go to the TMZ chat page if you want to bash Tom Brady's character instead of being here on the Patriots message board.

By the way, are you in anyway related to the Jets coach Ratgini?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

There is a gigantic difference between what happens on a football field and what happens in someone's private relationships. Rivers, as has been well-documented, has taunted fans and opposing players. He is the QB of an NFL team and his peformance IN DOING THAT JOB is subject to scrutiny and criticism. It is idiotic to equate RIvers' onfield antics with Brady's private life.

Brady's personal relationships, which he goes to great pains to keep off the field and out of the media, are not our business plain and simple. There is no camera crew documenting what happens in his bedroom.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnpanzer1. Show johnpanzer1's posts

I'm a Patriots fan living in Oakland. California football fans actually think the Chargers are going to win. Todays game reminds me of the opening scene in Gladiator. To paraphrase Russell Crowe, Its awful when a people don't know they are defeated.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

daveandeliz wrote:Doubtful, either, since he obviously didn't even understand the comment.-->--> -->--> -->-->What exactly was there to ôunderstandö? You said that Intertel was for those who ôcouldnÆt get into Mensaö û a total boldfaced falsehood, since we are talking about overlapping sets.-->--> -->-->To wit, there will always be an intersection of the set of Ms (Mensans) and Is (Ilians) who belong to BOTH. TO make this intersection, one need only qualify for both organizations.-->--> -->-->One scores in the top 2% for Ms, and top 1% for Ilians. So what? WhatÆs the big deal? Methinks you are just into playing word games, and as we know this is the first sign of a disputatious troll. (Many have been banned on the politcal forums I frequent) -->--> -->-->FYI, Mensa was founded 20 years before Intertel. I expect another comment in response to this showing, again, that Mr 1% doesn't really have a clue.-->--> -->-->Yes, again, SO WHAT? The year of founding has nada to do with the fact that the two organizations have (1% threshold) different qualification standards. As noted above. -->-->In any case, your whole comment point is still moot, since I belong to both. -->-->Now, if I have still not ôunderstoodö the comment, perhaps you might try expressing yourself better û as opposed to engaging in cryptic guessing games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

tulsabulldog58 wrote:

One case in point - The Ravens failed in the end.....to stop the Brady to Gaffney TD connection....after some supposed / imagined bad calls...not to mention the timeout called by the Ravens on that drive

I already conceded the timeout was a bad move on Ryan's part. However, that occurrence does not relieve the officiating of its own perfidy.

Now, let's go back to the Jaffney "catch". All the replays shown indicated again the refs gave it away. It was not a catch but was bobbled. All the ESPN announcers noted it, as well as Steve Young afterwards. And as Rod Woodson on the NFL Network put it "For every other team that's no catch, but for the patriots it is"

So, in truth and in fact the Ravens DID stop Brady - but the zebras negated it!

So again, the realist fan will acknowledge that our Pats benefited from a call that should never have gone our way. (And as my cousin Joe noted, the NFL this year has gotten as bad as the NBA with the noisome ref calls)

SO....now WHO is "marooned" here pal ????........LOLOL.....

I believe that is you, maestro. You - like too many overzealous fans on our side- mistake egregious zebra calls for Pats' play success. I suggest you pony up for a new pair of spectacles and watch those plays again - trying to sustain an objective outlook next time.

as I said...I can do this all day...for every game you call out

DItto here, maestro.

Anyway, let's sit back and enjoy the game. Maybe the Pats will win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

To all Chargers fans.... THANKS for your predictions... you have faith in your team as we do in our. Let's see a great game and may the best team win... PATS!! (-;

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nautic3727. Show nautic3727's posts

Karman the Magnificent says Patriots 21, Chagers 12.

Sections
Shortcuts