1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Make your Red Sox-Rays predictions

What's your prediction for the Red Sox-Rays ALCS?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlpookers. Show jlpookers's posts

sox in 5

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Red Sox in 5

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DetlefShcremph. Show DetlefShcremph's posts

5 game series? seriously?
    I definitely think the Rays series is going to the wire. 4 games down there, a lot of mutual dislike between the teams, a lot of familiarity as well. Also, I like our matchups with Lester v. Garza (though it will be tough) and Beckett v. Kazmir, but I don’t like Dice v. Shields or Wake v. Sonnanstine. Ultimately, we’re going to have to win a game pitched by Dice or Wake, and I don’t think that’s going to be an easy thing to do. Sox in 7.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

[Quote]
    5 game series? seriously?
    I definitely think the Rays series is going to the wire. 4 games down there, a lot of mutual dislike between the teams, a lot of familiarity as well. Also, I like our matchups with Lester v. Garza (though it will be tough) and Beckett v. Kazmir, but I don’t like Dice v. Shields or Wake v. Sonnanstine. Ultimately, we’re going to have to win a game pitched by Dice or Wake, and I don’t think that’s going to be an easy thing to do. Sox in 7.

[/Quote]

I gotta agree with the great German power forward Detlef. The Red Sox in a blood pressure challenging close 7 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heleebss. Show heleebss's posts

I think Boston winning in five games is way too optimistic. I love the Sox more than any other professional franchise, but I'm a realist, too.

Tampa Bay is almost unbeatable at home, and its advantage will never be greater than it is this coming week. In fact, rumor has it there be a sellout. Prepare for 30,000 cowbells. Good grief.

I don't see Dice-K winning in Game 1. As one friend said, "He makes my hair hurt," with his inability to put batters away, especially when he's up 0-2 in the count. But I suspect Beckett will have a big bounce-back game as Boston earns a split in the first two games. Lester will win Game 3 and hopefully the Sox can win one of the next two after that to head back to Tampa with a 3-2 advantage.

If it comes to that, I will gladly take my chances with either Beckett or Lester winning Game 6 or 7. Let's say it's Lester, as the Rays' run finally ends. Red Sox in seven.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from melton13. Show melton13's posts

[Quote]

Typical red sox fan from florida.. time to move on to your home team[/Quote]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from melton13. Show melton13's posts

[Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2110GV. Show 2110GV's posts

I think it will come down to which gets the breaks,they are so evenly matched.whoever wins in seven will easily put away the NL champion in the world series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from melton13. Show melton13's posts

[Quote]

uh, have you thought that he may have lived up here his entire life and had to relocate to FL? Pretty sure you don't just switch alliegences....well, maybe in Tampa you do, because I'm fairly confident you didn't give a flying crap about the Rays until this year.....and you STILL don't show up at the ballpark.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from deedles71. Show deedles71's posts

An all-out noisy (cowbells, really?) battle that goes the distance....
    Jonny Lester wraps it up in Game 7....
    Sox prepare to take on some familiar faces in the WS....

This series (like Dice K's Game 2 in Anaheim) will probably shorten my life expectancy.....but I'm thrilled they've got another shot at the whole thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from drew2476. Show drew2476's posts

This series will go down to the wire. Red Sox in 7...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tchandra. Show tchandra's posts

I predicted Red Sox and Angels Series correctly and also mentioned the Game 3 loss.

Red Sox will win Games 2,3, 5 and 6.
    Red Sox will lose Game 4 for sure.
    Game 1 could go either way.
    Red Sox in Five or Six based on Game 1.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulie1004. Show Paulie1004's posts

Game 1 - Rays
    Game 2 - Sox
    Game 3 - Sox
    Game 4 - Rays
    Game 5 - Sox
    Game 6 - Sox

Sox in 6

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruth3412078. Show datruth3412078's posts

GAME 1 - SOX
    GAME 2 - SOX
    GAME 3 - SOX
    GAME 4 - RAYS
    GAME 5 - SOX

SO SOX IN 5

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeesFan10. Show YankeesFan10's posts

[Quote]redsox in 6, bay walkoff homerun to win it!!!![/Quote]

If it's six games, Bay can't hit a walkoff homerun since game #6 is an away game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveTheRocket. Show SteveTheRocket's posts

5 games for sure. Sox win!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

[Quote]Rays in 6 games.. you miss manny too much.. jason bay is good but cant do what manny did!![/Quote] RAYS IN 6....NOTHING TO DO WITH MANNY ...BUT PLENTY TO DO WITH FRANCONA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Sox in 6

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from docsoc. Show docsoc's posts

This is a tough series. The Rays are definately a fantastic team. I just think all the recent comparisons of the Sox to the late 90's Yankees rings true. These guys are gamers and just seem to will themselves to win. On paper I'd pick the Rays in 6 or 7, but instinct says Sox in 6 so that is my pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kinchow. Show Kinchow's posts

[URL=http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=934][IMG]http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/13/stfu_troll.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Sox take it in 5 or 6 games Just hope Certain Batters start hitting Ortiz Youk etc..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Red Sox take it in 5 Tell me how does The Rays the team that was in LAST place last yr all of a sudden get where it is If It isn't using STEROIDS

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tunaprop. Show tunaprop's posts

All I know is that the Sox have to bunt, bunt, bunt and bunt some more to win! Did I say that they have to bunt??!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDog78. Show DirtDog78's posts

Yankees in 4 for a sweep and on to face...what the heck? They aren't even in the playoffs? How did that happen?!

Sox as always win in 7.